Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I have a bit of a weird situation and im hoping someone can restore my faith that everything is going to be ok for my MY delivery..

so process so far:

Salary Sacrifice Order placed 13th June with deal agreed if i take delivery/collect before 30th June (plus the little bonus of the 15k SC Miles!)
14th June - RN shows in app
long weekend wait for any update
17th June am - VIN shows up
17th June pm - Reg shows up - delivery window 24-30th June! (Happy days, she's on her way... or so i thought!)
18th June - VIN vanished & Reg Vanished and a second RN has appeared with no VIN or Reg with an order date of today and June-July delivery window! WTH is going on :oops:
Spoke to Tesla and the car that was assigned to me has been released as the lease company (Lex) haven't authorised delivery. Anyone had the same experience and know how to (very quickly) resolve this? I spoke to my 3rd party company who arranged the order and they just said they need to wait for Lex. 😩

Hi all!

I have a bit of a weird situation and im hoping someone can restore my faith that everything is going to be ok for my MY delivery..

so process so far:

Salary Sacrifice Order placed 13th June with deal agreed if i take delivery/collect before 30th June (plus the little bonus of the 15k SC Miles!)
14th June - RN shows in app
long weekend wait for any update
17th June am - VIN shows up
17th June pm - Reg shows up - delivery window 24-30th June! (Happy days, she's on her way... or so i thought!)
18th June - VIN vanished & Reg Vanished and a second RN has appeared with no VIN or Reg with an order date of today and June-July delivery window! WTH is going on :oops:

You’ll need a new finance application asap with your lease company and the funder, see my posts

Well I wouldn’t have expected ordering a car being such an ordeal

The reason the car was reallocated was because forms (something) missing from ALD/lease companies side. Didn’t hold out much hope of reaching before July (discounted lease offer ends 30th June if I don’t take delivery)

Sent a rant to lease company this morning saying I’d take either the cars at Trafford Centre or London with black seats, knowing I might have to completely reorder again

App updated probably around 12.30pm today, I have a new VIN and new license plate (nowhere near as cool as the previous plate!) and EDD changed to 18th June-3rd July. Straight onto Tesla support who are confident it can be sorted by end of June

Lease company updated and given new car details, finance forms sent to my company and forms signed last night, I’m hoping lease company really pull their fingers out tomorrow morning and get this sorted

Keep fingers crossed for me!

So ten minutes ago I just got the text, approve for delivery on Monday!

Any delivery driver will be hard pressed to get to my house on a high street, going to get onto chat first thing in the morning and request collection if possible

Hi All,

First post on here!! 😁 I thought I may as well sign up as I too am looking at ordering the new Model 3, specifically the LR/Performance models. The latter I test drove just on Saturday and absolutely loved its versatility.

However, I’m not so keen on Tesla’s current PCP/PCH offerings on it, be it the 9.6% or the £45k/48 month lease. I’m hoping that the new quarter + the slowdown in sales before the new reg in September, in a EV market that is already struggling, leads to some better incentives so private buyers can actually justify these cars. Brands like Polestar beginning to offer some incredible deals

As for colours, I am now a fan of ultra red, despite never having a red car in the past. The performance demonstrator the other day looked really good in it.

What‘s the consensus on interior? Is the white really hard to maintain and easily stained/discoloured?

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Hi All,

First post on here!! 😁 I thought I may as well sign up as I too am looking at ordering the new Model 3, specifically the LR/Performance models. The latter I test drove just on Saturday and absolutely loved its versatility.

However, I’m not so keen on Tesla’s current PCP/PCH offerings on it, be it the 9.6% or the £45k/48 month lease. I’m hoping that the new quarter + the slowdown in sales before the new reg in September, in a EV market that is already struggling, leads to some better incentives so private buyers can actually justify these cars. Brands like Polestar beginning to offer some incredible deals

As for colours, I am now a fan of ultra red, despite never having a red car in the past. The performance demonstrator the other day looked really good in it.

What‘s the consensus on interior? Is the white really hard to maintain and easily stained/discoloured?
I have a white interior YP and have worn regularly new blue & black jeans, wet wipes just take away any discolouration they bring. No need for any concern there imo 👍

You’ll need a new finance application asap with your lease company and the funder, see my posts
Thanks @ash002004 Just spent another day on the phone between Broker, Tesla and Lex.. Finally managed to get my VIN and reg back and apparently all paperwork complete. Collection date now 26th-30th
🙌

Thanks @ash002004 Just spent another day on the phone between Broker, Tesla and Lex.. Finally managed to get my VIN and reg back and apparently all paperwork complete. Collection date now 26th-30th
🙌

Nightmare isn’t it! Just be in constant contact with Tesla chat and make them double check they’ve been sent everything from your company

I’m there tomorrow! I would say I’d look out for your car, but they don’t put the plates on until you collect I think!

IMG_4351.jpeg
AD03A026-A6A9-4D6F-8A36-F63B15E2BAD5.jpeg

Just home from collection. Car was immaculate apart from a little dirt mark from washing which was easily sorted

Had its first supercharge in Luton on the way home north to the midlands. I had 15,100 supercharging miles in my account on the app, says valid for three years

Really happy with everything! The white interior is something else, absolutely love the car so far. Will have more of a play with all the controls at the weekend

Aliexpress rear boot bins, centre dash inserts and cup holder inserts at a princely combined sum of £15 delivered all fit perfectly. Love it

Reactions: greebo
View attachment 1058168View attachment 1058169
Just home from collection. Car was immaculate apart from a little dirt mark from washing which was easily sorted

Had its first supercharge in Luton on the way home north to the midlands. I had 15,100 supercharging miles in my account on the app, says valid for three years

Really happy with everything! The white interior is something else, absolutely love the car so far. Will have more of a play with all the controls at the weekend

Aliexpress rear boot bins, centre dash inserts and cup holder inserts at a princely combined sum of £15 delivered all fit perfectly. Love it
Mint! nice one.. My Vin and Reg has vanished again so looks like ive got yet another day on the phone tomorrow :(

View attachment 1058168View attachment 1058169

Spoke to them earlier….they said they will try. Also the lady on the phone said that the free super charger miles says 3 year expiry but this is not the case… they don’t expire according to her

That sucks, get on the case first thing to lease company, preferably the funder first if they’ll discuss it with you as I realised only some agents would bother looking into it for me and some would say we can’t tell you

It is likely they will allocate that one elsewhere otherwise like what happened to me last week

That sucks, get on the case first thing to lease company, preferably the funder first if they’ll discuss it with you as I realised only some agents would bother looking into it for me and some would say we can’t tell you

It is likely they will allocate that one elsewhere otherwise like what happened to me last week
Yer i have found it very hit and miss with the funder, like you say they don't really wanna tell you much. im just really nice to everyone who answers the phone and they seem more inclined to help. Last time i spoke to them yesterday they said my docs were with the contracts team who are email only no phone and they would get to mine when it gets to the top of the pile. meanwhile tesla allocate a car then come to schedule a date window and notice they dont have sign off from funder and remove the vin and reg again and i go back into tesla no mans land :(