Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Originally ordered MP3 Ultra Red on 5th June
Called into local store on the 8th and they say “let’s look at our inventory”
There’s one available, so cancel and reorder
Pickup on the 15th. Result!!!!!
Get the 15k supercharger miles too😆

Collecting my M3P on Saturday - can’t wait! Due to the weekend train times I am going to end up being there about 40mins early - how strict are Tesla with the appointment times? Should I just head straight there and try and collect early or hang around and find a coffee shop before heading to Tesla for my allocated time?

Hi all, completely new to this

Finally understand the hype of constantly looking at the app after ordering… it’s like refreshing the Center Parcs website near the holiday date to see which villa you've been allocated!

Ordered via work lease scheme 31st May. Model 3 short range in white, white seats

Tesla gave me access to the app yesterday and informed me of the RN (our work emails had slightly changed and the original was used for the scheme, so it wasn’t showing anything when I initially registered on the app) logged back in to the app and everything is displayed; VIN, registration number and RN showing, with delivery date of 15th June to home address at 10.30am. Not even the lease company knew all of this

Weirdly, Tesla chat have twice confirmed it is infact scheduled for collection at Brent Cross on that same day, and that the app will shortly update to show this. Hasn’t changed since yesterday though. Imagining arriving at Brent Cross to be told it’s on its way up the M1 to your house!

Quite impressed so far with how quick things have been, an existing inventory car must have been allocated. Excited!

Annoyingly, my app changed today from the above scheduled collection day at Brent Cross, to expected 11th-26th June

Also the VIN & License plate number have disappeared. Gutted as had made plans for accommodation and travel for Friday/Saturday.

I wonder what happened to the car that was allocated, reallocated to another buyer or maybe some issues with that particular car so they had to source a different one?

Hopefully get an update soon. Tesla chat didn’t have a reason for the change they just apologised however, did confirm when asked I would get the 15k free supercharger miles offer with my order so that is one thing

I've seen reference elsewhere to it being 6 months. On that basis they could have made it 100,000 miles.
I have a Model 3 RWD due for collection on 24 June, I also go the email about free 15,000 supercharger miles. I emailed the sales person at Tesla Bristol asking about if there is any expiry. He said "there is no expiry date on the free 15,000 miles of free supercharging" - hopefully he is correct.

Reactions: Temper Tantrum
Here is my ordering experience with Tesla.

Went into to Bristol Tesla on a Monday afternoon, just really to see what the Model 3 looked like in the flesh. Was offered a test drive then if I wanted. Didn't have time, so went home and booked online for the a couple of weeks time. The sales rep at the test drive was excellent, just explained the key controls and let us take the car out for an hour. When I came back he answered any questions, none of the usual pushy sales you often get at other dealers. Went home, thought about it for a few days and then went ahead. So here is my order timeline

Thursday 30 May - Placed order online (Model 3, RWD, Blue), received VIN number about 2 hours later
Friday 31st May - 1000 Got Reg number, 1330 Had text message to say I could book collection. Checked in the app and saw I was not able to do any of the 3 days offered. Replied to the text message asking for additional dates, got a reply within minutes with a wider range, replied with my preferred date and time, this was confirmed by text and it also showed up in the app for June 24th (as requested).

I think the VIN number disappeared briefly at some point. But returned unchanged.

So far I much prefer the buying experience with Tesla. No attempts to sell lots of extras I don't want!

Reactions: ash002004
She’s arrived 🥰 ordered in early Feb M3LR. Got a text last night with 12-4 for delivery but didn’t arrive till 6:30pm. His 5th delivery of the day all from Bristol depot.
IMG_6060.jpeg

Big C-day for me later today. I collect my M3P in Glasgow. I have been really excited and couldn't wait for the day to come, however that all paled into total insignificance last night at 00:30, when I became a granddad for the first time. I have a beautifully wonderful grandson and I am totally in love. I can't believe the immense emotional impact it has had on me and I have even met him yet. When I collect the car we are heading to my sons to see the gorgeous boy.
As this is the Delivery thread I had to mention the wonderful delivery daughter-in-law gave us🥰.
Apologies if this is a bit off topic, but some things are much bigger than cars.

Anyway I post some pics of the car when I get the chance.

My Model Y has just been delivered but the App is still showing as it not being delivered. I haven’t been asked to accept terms etc, and I cannot manage the car. Is this normal?
Slightly unnecessary panic on my part - the app updated after about 15 mins.

Lovely car. Feels much more solid than my 2020 M3. Quicksilver is amazing. Shiny in some lights, milky and matte in other lights.

Attachments

• IMG_3812.jpeg
    IMG_3812.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Collected my M3P yesterday in Glasgow. Smooth process. Checked in. We had a coffee while the TA moved and had quick check of my M3LR trade-in. TA took me to the car. Spotless with 7 miles on the clock. Had about 65% charge. Drove to Dakota hotel at Eurocentral to charge and have some lunch. Add 81 miles with no cost. I assume this was the free 100 miles as I have not got the 15k miles on my account yet. I was also informed that the 15k will expire after 3 years.
A few pics when I got home.

IMG_2223.jpeg
IMG_2243.jpeg
IMG_2228.jpeg

Collected my M3P yesterday in Glasgow. Smooth process. Checked in. We had a coffee while the TA moved and had quick check of my M3LR trade-in. TA took me to the car. Spotless with 7 miles on the clock. Had about 65% charge. Drove to Dakota hotel at Eurocentral to charge and have some lunch. Add 81 miles with no cost. I assume this was the free 100 miles as I have not got the 15k miles on my account yet. I was also informed that the 15k will expire after 3 years.

Very nice, enjoy it.

I was in Glasgow yesterday for a test drive. Loved the car, the no stalks I got used to very quicky, seats are great, and my mate who came with laughed and felt sick every time I floored it (he'd never been in a Tesla before). It's obviously not night and day difference, but certainly more punch off the line than the outgoing M3P.

Anyways, sitting here now with my finger hovering over the purchase option. They have a white one in Birmingham, but would need to get it ordered ASAP to get it up here in time for the 15000 free super charger miles. I work in Motherwell, so Eurocentral 5 mins away which would be handy.

Keep talking myself out of though due to the 9.6% apr on the PCP. Hopefully make my mind up one way or the other today at some point.

Very nice, enjoy it.

I was in Glasgow yesterday for a test drive. Loved the car, the no stalks I got used to very quicky, seats are great, and my mate who came with laughed and felt sick every time I floored it (he'd never been in a Tesla before). It's obviously not night and day difference, but certainly more punch off the line than the outgoing M3P.

Anyways, sitting here now with my finger hovering over the purchase option. They have a white one in Birmingham, but would need to get it ordered ASAP to get it up here in time for the 15000 free super charger miles. I work in Motherwell, so Eurocentral 5 mins away which would be handy.

Keep talking myself out of though due to the 9.6% apr on the PCP. Hopefully make my mind up one way or the other today at some point.
Very nice, enjoy it.

It is a great car. I’m loving it. I do notice the difference from my M3LR, which had Acceleration Boost which took the 60 time to 3.7 secs.

I assume 9.6 apr is high?
I’ve not had a pcp for years and I think it was quite high then.
I bought both my M3LR and my new M3P through my company and paid cash so I not too sure about current PCP’s

So have you decided?

I assume 9.6 apr is high?

So have you decided?

Still not decided yet... Main problem with me dithering is that the one I was looking at is in Birmingham, and Glasgow said they'd usually need at least 2 weeks to get it up here which means they could not guarantee it would be before end of the month and I *could* lose the 15K miles if that happened. Not a problem to jump down in a train though to get it if i need to.

9.6% APR is very high for a new car on a PCP deal. The Long Range and Rear Wheel are both 5.6%. A new Model Y is 1.5%.

9.6 is taking the piss. I've also been looking at a new BMW M4 which would be 4.9%. I could finance it in other ways or just pay cash but I have that ear marked for other stuff. May wait until July to see what incentives are kicking about. They already have a few M3P's sitting in inventory that have not shifted in over a week now.

Still not decided yet... Main problem with me dithering is that the one I was looking at is in Birmingham, and Glasgow said they'd usually need at least 2 weeks to get it up here which means they could not guarantee it would be before end of the month and I *could* lose the 15K miles if that happened. Not a problem to jump down in a train though to get it if i need to.

9.6% APR is very high for a new car on a PCP deal. The Long Range and Rear Wheel are both 5.6%. A new Model Y is 1.5%.

9.6 is taking the piss. I've also been looking at a new BMW M4 which would be 4.9%. I could finance it in other ways or just pay cash but I have that ear marked for other stuff. May wait until July to see what incentives are kicking about. They already have a few M3P's sitting in inventory that have not shifted in over a week now.
They certainly are taking the piss looking at the other rates.
I’m currently sitting at the superchargers at Newbridge, near Edinburgh charging using my free miles.
While waiting I had a look at the available inventory.
I see there are 5 M3P’s available.
It says there are 2 in Birmingham, 2 in transit and arriving soon in Glasgow and 1 Arriving soon in Brent Cross.
It is a cracking car far superior driving experience. It has so much more grip.
Go for it😉

Annoyingly, my app changed today from the above scheduled collection day at Brent Cross, to expected 11th-26th June

Also the VIN & License plate number have disappeared. Gutted as had made plans for accommodation and travel for Friday/Saturday.

I wonder what happened to the car that was allocated, reallocated to another buyer or maybe some issues with that particular car so they had to source a different one?

Hopefully get an update soon. Tesla chat didn’t have a reason for the change they just apologised however, did confirm when asked I would get the 15k free supercharger miles offer with my order so that is one thing
Well I wouldn’t have expected ordering a car being such an ordeal

The reason the car was reallocated was because forms (something) missing from ALD/lease companies side. Didn’t hold out much hope of reaching before July (discounted lease offer ends 30th June if I don’t take delivery)

Sent a rant to lease company this morning saying I’d take either the cars at Trafford Centre or London with black seats, knowing I might have to completely reorder again

App updated probably around 12.30pm today, I have a new VIN and new license plate (nowhere near as cool as the previous plate!) and EDD changed to 18th June-3rd July. Straight onto Tesla support who are confident it can be sorted by end of June

Lease company updated and given new car details, finance forms sent to my company and forms signed last night, I’m hoping lease company really pull their fingers out tomorrow morning and get this sorted

Keep fingers crossed for me!

Hi all!

I have a bit of a weird situation and im hoping someone can restore my faith that everything is going to be ok for my MY delivery..

so process so far:

Salary Sacrifice Order placed 13th June with deal agreed if i take delivery/collect before 30th June (plus the little bonus of the 15k SC Miles!)
14th June - RN shows in app
long weekend wait for any update
17th June am - VIN shows up
17th June pm - Reg shows up - delivery window 24-30th June! (Happy days, she's on her way... or so i thought!)
18th June - VIN vanished & Reg Vanished and a second RN has appeared with no VIN or Reg with an order date of today and June-July delivery window! WTH is going on :oops: