Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3H RWD thorough my employer’s contracted leasing company.

I have been given access to the Tesla app which shows me my order.

Any suggestions for the best way to contact Tesla for an order update?
You can try live chat, but the reality of it is that all they do is look at the back end of what you can see for yourself. All you can really do it keep an eye on the app.

Thanks @Oxid8ter

I spoke to Tesla about my white M3 SR order and they mentioned that they are awaiting authorisation from the leasing company (Arval) before they can match a vehicle.

I spoke to the leasing company and they advised that they are only able to provide final authorisation once a VIN has been provided.

I spoke to Tesla again and they said they can’t provide a VIN until the above authorisation has been received.

Seem to be going round in an endless circle - does anyone else find themselves in a similar position?

Ordered on 21 December.

Thanks @Oxid8ter

I spoke to Tesla about my white M3 SR order and they mentioned that they are awaiting authorisation from the leasing company (Arval) before they can match a vehicle.

I spoke to the leasing company and they advised that they are only able to provide final authorisation once a VIN has been provided.

I spoke to Tesla again and they said they can’t provide a VIN until the above authorisation has been received.

Seem to be going round in an endless circle - does anyone else find themselves in a similar position?

Ordered on 21 December.
I did. It was for the leasing company to sort. They are in the wrong. They got it sorted asap after I called. Tesla wont give you a vin until they have approved it all. They won't approve it until your employer does. Glad we went with Tusker and not arval it seems.

Finally got my VIN this morning, had been waiting for the leasing company to authorise the vehicle match and was getting a little worried I would be pushed to the next shipment.

EDD of 24th - 8th Feb, hopefully get the deliver appointment through very soon.

MY RWD | White | Lease | Ordered 11th Dec | Belfast

I did. It was for the leasing company to sort. They are in the wrong. They got it sorted asap after I called. Tesla wont give you a vin until they have approved it all. They won't approve it until your employer does. Glad we went with Tusker and not arval it seems.

Thanks @tommy8884@gmai

I called the lease company again. They insist that Tesla is wrong and they don’t give authorisation until a VIN is issued.

At least they have offered to email Tesla. I am hoping this connects the dots.

Hi all,

Ordered my M3 SR in deep blue through Tusker on the 6th of December, App updated yesterday with VIN and registration.

Got my text today confirming delivery on the 6th of Feb, so far so good. Been impressed with the service!

Thanks @Oxid8ter

Ordered on 21 December.
Thank you for this! I called Tesla this morning to discover I had the same issue, and also ordered through Arval. Arval have been suitably nudged now so hopefully will be sorted out in the next day or two.

I ordered mine theough
Thanks @Oxid8ter

Ordered on 21 December

Thanks @Oxid8ter

Ordered on 21 December.
I ordered mine through Arval without issue. According to the Tesla app the actual order was placed on the 8th of Jan and I received a VIN and registration number within about 2 hours of receiving the Tesla account setup email with access to the app.🤷

Thank you for this! I called Tesla this morning to discover I had the same issue, and also ordered through Arval. Arval have been suitably nudged now so hopefully will be sorted out in the next day or two.
Well… I now have a VIN, Reg Number and a delivery window of January 10th - 25th.

Model Y Standard, in white with white interior. Looks like Arval unstuck it!

Having the same issue with Leaseplan, order was placed with them via a 3rd party in early December, and got a Reservation Number. On speaking with Tesla apparently LP still need to update them that they are happy for a match and delivery.... So don't even see anything in the app yet. Seems like such a nightmare getting a car through a leasing provider. Any advice?

I've ordered the LR in the standard spec, no extras on the 22nd December as a company car. This has been ordered via Lex, received my RN number but no VIN or Registration yet. At one stage it was showing a delivery date between January & February, and now no dates, so must have missed out on the first batch arriving in the UK on the 18th.

This might get changed again if there are some un-allocated vehicles available.

I've ordered the LR in the standard spec, no extras on the 22nd December as a company car. This has been ordered via Lex, received my RN number but no VIN or Registration yet. At one stage it was showing a delivery date between January & February, and now no dates, so must have missed out on the first batch arriving in the UK on the 18th.

This might get changed again if there are some un-allocated vehicles available.
Same situation as me - ordered my company car on the 5th December (Model 3 LR in white) and I got my RN number on the 14th December. Then i got an estimated delivery date 17 Feb - 17 Apr which was annoying considering the Telsa website still shows Jan-Feb. About 1 week after placing the order my estimated delivery date disappeared and I have had no VIN or PLATE allocated since. I am starting to think i also missed the first allocation or, reading the above comments, the leasing company my company used haven't authorised the car allocation yet?! I just want a date as it is my first Tesla and i am super excited haha.

I finally have a VIN and registration number for my white SR M3.

It took about 6 phone calls (3 to Tesla and 3 to Arval). Each time they mentioned they were waiting for the other party. Not sure what did the trick but this morning I received the VIN and registration.

The app has also updated to show that the delivery has been scheduled to my home address but there is no mention of the date / time.

I finally have a VIN and registration number for my white SR M3.

It took about 6 phone calls (3 to Tesla and 3 to Arval). Each time they mentioned they were waiting for the other party. Not sure what did the trick but this morning I received the VIN and registration.

The app has also updated to show that the delivery has been scheduled to my home address but there is no mention of the date / time.
I just called Tesla and got told the exact same thing. Apparently there are lots of Model 3 available to satisfy all orders but my leasing company haven't authorised the VIN allocation. I am going to call them now and see where I get...

Just heard from the leasing company that as the vehicle wasn't delivered by the 1st Jan, that Tesla aren't honouring the discount they offered the leasing company (even though it was ordered in early December). Hence the leasing company won't fulfil the order, and it will be cancelled. Bit of a sh*tshow really.

Just heard from the leasing company that as the vehicle wasn't delivered by the 1st Jan, that Tesla aren't honouring the discount they offered the leasing company (even though it was ordered in early December). Hence the leasing company won't fulfil the order, and it will be cancelled. Bit of a sh*tshow really.
Oh wow that's terrible. Which leasing company/lender is this?

Ordered Stealth Grey Model 3 via Synergy Business leasing on Mon (8th) to replace 3 year old white one and it’s appeared in the app already next to existing car. No VIN yet, says estimated delivery Feb / Mar - old one due to go back mid-March.

What’s annoying though is I notice the Model 3 has been launched in the US this week and Stealth Grey is the default (free) option. Why is it 2K in UK ?