Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got Vin today but noticed it is a different Vin from a couple of weeks ago and noticed the 9th character was a 3 but the new vin it is a 2.
Anyone know what the difference is.
What have others got a 2 or a 3.
No registration number yet.
Picking up from Manchester Trafford Centre 22nd Jan - 6th Feb.

Reactions: Roger20
Got Vin today but noticed it is a different Vin from a couple of weeks ago and noticed the 9th character was a 3 but the new vin it is a 2.
Anyone know what the difference is.
What have others got a 2 or a 3.
No registration number yet.
Picking up from Manchester Trafford Centre 22nd Jan - 6th Feb.
I don't think the 9th digit has any significance but you can check the meaning of each digit/letter here: Tesla VIN decoder.

I have now got a VIN and Reg assigned, and been asked to pay my deposit for the HP, so I have done so this morning... In my app under documents I now have a Final Invoice which is addressed to Black Horse (finance provider) but it is for the whole value minus the £200 paid at the time of ordering, no amendment to show I have paid a substantial deposit, is this normal or has someone somewhere screwed up (again)?

I also have been asked to pay Deposit, but have not yet received any documents to sign from Black Horse.... Slightly concerning that it seems Tesla couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery. Service was a lot more fluid when I ordered in 2021.

What software version are you running? I picked up my MYLR on Dec 20th and it updated immediately to 2023.38.200.1, which is some way behind the latest which most cars seem to have. I raised a service request and got an update push, but just got 2023.38.200.1 again.
@pdk42 did you get the SW update? I am still waiting on the 2023.38.200 - eager to try the new vision features!

I got the SC to push me an update, but all I got was 2023.38.200.1 again. I guess patience is a virtue. The annoying thing is that the 2019 Model 3 I sold on Dec 18th had more up-to-date software than this Y.
Agree, my Model 3 which is just on the driveway has 2023.44.30.5 - And I am so frustrated I just deleted its wifi network connection as I don’t want that to get another update when the Y is sitting there silently on 2023.38.xxx:-(

Hi All,
Got assigned my VIN recently for M3 SR to deliver Middle of January. I have all my tasks complete except making final payment. I am a little nervous about making payment prior to seeing the car etc. I know i need to make payment prior to delivery day. I am collecting the car. Is it usual or standard to make a payment / transfer on the day or how do Tesla Ireland deal with this?.

Can I do it through the app after inspecting the vehicle?

Thanks

It might have been covered already but having paid attention to the news for the first time this year, disappearing VINs and changes in dates may be due to ships diverting to avoid the red sea. Seems a 2 week delay is typical and Tesla may well be having to adjust accordingly.

It might have been covered already but having paid attention to the news for the first time this year, disappearing VINs and changes in dates may be due to ships diverting to avoid the red sea. Seems a 2 week delay is typical and Tesla may well be having to adjust accordingly.
Interestingly, the dates for arrival of the first ship (Titus) to the UK has diverted around S. Africa but the dates only slipped by a couple of days. Hopefully this will continue to be the case going forward (or better still, the world gets its sh*t together and we stop attacking one another...)

I ordered my M3H RWD thorough my employer’s contracted leasing company.

I have been given access to the Tesla app which shows me my order.

Any suggestions for the best way to contact Tesla for an order update?