Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered September 25th (got upgraded to the new model a month after ordering) and the same has happened to me. The excitement of checking the app constantly is starting to wear thin.
From September??? What config did you order if I may ask? Something clearly is wrong if you are waiting so long. I ordered end of December and still no VIN, while others ordered in the past days and got VINs already.

Will call Tesla tomorrow and if they can’t give an meaningful update, I will cancel current order and order a different config.

Can anyone help with Insurance model designation? Trying to insure M3 RWD that arrives 1st Feb (Highlander off Titus) and insurance company can't find a Model 3 RWD in their list. Anyone else experienced this or found solution, please?
There is a thread relating to insurance here: Model 3 Highland Insurance
It may be that instead of "Model 3 RWD" it is just "Model 3".

Anyone receives the email from Tesla for picking up the model 3 highland in the coming weeks? Got the VIN/reg 2 weeks ago and still didn’t hear anything from Tesla about the exact delivery
It takes a while for things to trickle through.... first you have a range window, then they give you a delivery appointment which isn't always clear in the app but information is shared by email/text. If you have a delivery appt in the app but don't know when/where then call Tesla.
Its largely a waiting game until you hear from them.

Anyone receives the email from Tesla for picking up the model 3 highland in the coming weeks? Got the VIN/reg 2 weeks ago and still didn’t hear anything from Tesla about the exact delivery
Check the app, no one contacted me... I just saw the option in the app to schedule my appointment. You'll also need to make sure all of your tasks are completed up to date too.

Up to date to what stage?

I am waiting for the appointment and was planning do the transfer close to the date, do you transfer the money to Tesla already?
I transferred the money as soon as the app showed the option to do so. I have bought a Tesla before so I wasn't too concerned about paying early, and my savings rates are so miniscule it wasn't worth leaving it to last minute to gain a few more pence.

You could contact Tesla and ask them what the status of your RN Number is. I couldn't confidently say that you have to pay before they will invite you for collection, but I always complete the tasks as and when they pop up as there is a note saying "complete all tasks asap to avoid delays in processing your order" (or words to that effect)

Reactions: Vin_TFD
I've just got my VIN and reg number back and delivery est for 27th Jan - 7th Feb. The VIN is different and the leasing company couldn't approve a car for me as they were waiting for DLVA to confirm my foreign driving license.
Hopefully this is done and I'll be able to schedule the delivery soon. I am wondering if it's better to pick it up from Blue Water or just take home delivery...

I am wondering if it's better to pick it up from Blue Water or just take home delivery...
Only you can answer this really. Others have changed from home delivery to collection and it has only made a difference of 1 or 2 days. It is whether convenience, or earlier possession are more important to you. At least with home delivery you don't have to put miles on the clock driving it home (as, I think, they use low loaders/flat beds)

Reactions: SiW80 and nefastus
Hi all,

I've been happily reading all the ship tracking stuff on the other thread can sort of concluded my car was on TITUS. The day it docked in Southampton (18/01), that afternoon I received a reg number and the app changed to "delivery appointment scheduled". Further inquiring with Tesla, they said the car would be delivered from the Birmingham hub. Not sure if related, but kind of made sense as the reg starts "BW". My question is: how long does it take between the car being unloaded from the ship to home delivery?

I'm not holding my breath or anything, just genuinely curious. I can imagine the logistics of thousands of cars being unloaded from a ship, checking them in, sending them of in groups to various hubs, and organising individual deliveries. Incredible.