Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What ones are they?

They look like they could become a bit of a rust trap to me, especially the rear one. Hopefully its just over emphasised by shadow, but there looks to be an area behind the flap where wet debris could accumulate.
Rust traps only a cure between two galvanic materials. Metal plus paint and rubber is not a galvanic system even if the diletric aka water gets between.

0BA65104-E436-4294-BFB0-EE33714E6BA7.jpeg
A91D5C54-36C9-425C-8140-B88FC9DD5C5F.jpeg
1B26935A-5354-45C9-A819-E46354A7DF40.jpeg
More Saturday chores...

Installed the AO Matrix black centre console wrap. Very happy with the results. Takes a bit of patience (approx 1 hour including prep, watching vids etc).

Did quite like the piano black shiny finish and thought about maybe get some good use out of the original finish first and then perhaps cover with wrap when scratched and scuffed.....

Ok so I’ve about twenty “extras” bought and sitting in the spare bed awaiting my SR+ !

Now the thing I’ve left last is all the dash cam card memory etc.

Now that people have seen a surge in getting their cars anyone confidently able to offer their opinions on the best options ? Also what is required and what is not really needed etc ? Or is there a link to discussions already held on here ?

Eg Tesla memory / data for dummies !!!

Eg
Endurance SD 128 card for dash cam use?
ultra 128 SD for audio?
Someone mentioned a dual card USB adaptor, what’s that for ?

Thanks

Eg
Endurance SD 128 card for dash cam use?
ultra 128 SD for audio?
Someone mentioned a dual card USB adaptor, what’s that for ?

Dual adaptor was to keep audio and video separate on the two cards. I view dashcam card as a bit of a throw away item that is also likely to get rotated, where as audio will likely be only occasionally removed, if at all.

I got tons of footage from first drive home and supercharge and not really sure how to organize things at the moment. Out of all of this footage, a couple of files were 0 length. Don't think it was a problem with card or adaptor. Audio SD card yet to arrive so just the one card working atm. So half shown to work, but that was all before upgrading car firmware past the dreaded "too slow" firmware version so will see how things are today.

Sorry no links although I had previously linked to them. Just make sure any cards are sold direct Amazon or a reputable online store Where to Buy SanDisk - Find a Retailer

These are still untested in > 2016.16 and dual card mode so don't take it a red just yet

Ordered item(s):

SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Cards for Dashcams and Home Monitoring 128 GB MicroSDXC Card + SD Adapter, Up to 100 MB/s Read and 40 MB/s Write, Class 10, U3, V30, White
£30.99
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Dual Slots Memory Card Reader Adapter for SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SD, TF, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I for Mac, Windows, Linux, Surface Pro, Chromebook, PS4 etc
£9.99
Sold by: UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

Still awaiting delivery (now overdue) of:
SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1
£16.99
Sold by: Base

VanillaAir_Uk / Roy thanks

Can you summarise what you got in end , I think people will find it useful.

Endurance SD 128 card for dash cam use
ultra 128 SD for audio
dual card USB adaptor

Eg the above and does that cover all ?
That sounds good. The only bit I’m not using is the dual card adapter. I’ve got the TapTes wireless charger, so I’m just using the USB splitters that came with that. I’ve got one Sandisk 128 plugged into one side for the dashcam, and the same plugged into the other side for some music. I’m afraid I’m finding the Spotify interface in the car to be a bit frustrating, so I’m tending to listen to my own music from the USB.

Sorry no links although I had previously linked to them. Just make sure any cards are sold direct Amazon or a reputable online store Where to Buy SanDisk - Find a Retailer

These are still untested in > 2016.16 and dual card mode so don't take it a red just yet

Ordered item(s):

SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Cards for Dashcams and Home Monitoring 128 GB MicroSDXC Card + SD Adapter, Up to 100 MB/s Read and 40 MB/s Write, Class 10, U3, V30, White
£30.99

UGREEN SD Card Reader USB 3.0 Dual Slots Memory Card Reader Adapter for SD, SDXC, SDHC, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SD, TF, Micro SDXC, Micro SDHC, UHS-I for Mac, Windows, Linux, Surface Pro, Chromebook, PS4 etc
£9.99
Sold by: UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

Still awaiting delivery (now overdue) of:
SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1
£16.99
Sold by: Base

The last one is in stock at Amazon for £14.69 SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A1 App Performance Up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DNkKDb9J6PSNY

Last edited:
Just ordered the same two as Vanilla via Amazon

£14.69
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. £30.99

Have the taptes wireless charger coming so should be able to work that the same as Roy...

I think that’s me all done now for accessories just need the car lol

Reactions: Roy W.
Just ordered the same two as Vanilla via Amazon

£14.69
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. £30.99

Have the taptes wireless charger coming so should be able to work that the same as Roy...

I think that’s me all done now for accessories just need the car lol
Those cards should be fine. Do you also have the two USB card readers or have you ordered the dual card reader?

Hi Roy

Technology wouldn’t be my forte. In terms of ‘technology’ purchases so far I’ve bought those two SD cards above and the Taptes Wireless charger. What other essentials are required on the technology front ? Thanks

Ps is Mrs Belfast EV knew the scale of all these purchases I would still be driving my VW Golf for longer !

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Hi Roy

Technology wouldn’t be my forte. In terms of ‘technology’ purchases so far I’ve bought those two SD cards above and the Taptes Wireless charger. What other essentials are required on the technology front ? Thanks

Ps is Mrs Belfast EV knew the scale of all these purchases I would still be driving my VW Golf for longer !

No problem @BelfastEV

The connectors on the car are USB. The memory cards you’ve ordered are micro-SD, also supplied with an adapter for to turn them into the larger SD card.

You need an adapter to put these cards into, which will then plug into the car’s USB sockets.

Two of these are probably the smallest/ neatest solution:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-...id=1569767974&sprefix=Micro+sd,aps,196&sr=8-7

Don’t worry, I won’t tell the missus ;)