Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK accessories for RHD Model 3 [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just removed my AO anti glare screen cover. A waste of time (and money). It made more difficult to see the screen and Netflix was like watching a drive-in movie in the mist. It didn't stop the glare just diffused it. :cool:
You do surprise me, it doesn't stop glare or fingerprints on mine but it does reduce both and that's either without glasses or with polarised sunglasses.

Reactions: CMc1 and MrBadger
Anyone got any recommendations for either of these:

1 a bin to go inside one of the Centre cubby areas?

2 - some kind of luggage net - the boot is lovely and deep so my shopping bags fit in the section up against the back of the back seats. Until I floor it on the way home.

then they slide rather rapidly to the edge of the boot

so I’m wondering if there’s some way to keep them in place in the rear half of the boot

Before anyone says it yes yes I know that theoretically it’s possible to drive home with the shopping without flooring the throttle.

But what’s theoretically possible and what’s really possible when this car makes me grin quite this much are two very different things entirely!!!
Just fit one of these under the accelerator pedal

4 Black Rubber Door Stop Stops Stopper 25mm Includes Screws | eBay

Fitted the Air Inlet Protection Covers today. Had watched a Rich Rebuilds video and also read a horror story where someone had spilt a bag of sweets in the car, they fell into the air inlets and ended up removing the battery in order to stop the rattling.

Apparently there's no protection from items falling down there, it goes straight to the top of the battery pack. With two kids that enjoy taking (and dropping) small items in the car I thought these would offer some protection.

Pics attached and purchase link below:

US $12.9 |LUCKEASY Car air inlet protection cover for Tesla Model 3 Effectively prevent falling from clogging|Caps, Rotors & Contacts| - AliExpress

View attachment 549225

View attachment 549223

View attachment 549224
My “Air Inlet Protection Covers” (AKA Little Plastic Grills) arrived yesterday from AliExpress, eight days after ordering. Good delivery from China, I can wait longer than that for U.K. deliveries!

I’ve fitted them this morning. Moved the seats fully forward and fully up. Still a bit fiddly, but only took a few minutes.

I would now feel happy having a game of marbles in the back of the car :D

4F28DB1B-1D58-47FD-A602-01AFFFBA6570.jpeg
A5F07012-89B8-41FA-AB9D-1B1FEC1D2C64.jpeg
C67C089B-E488-4DEF-9978-DF91B5E6E5C5.jpeg
569EEF5F-E276-40AA-8E41-8FAED8FCB97E.jpeg

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop on Aliexpress now. Taking all my resolve not to order loads of things I don't need. I also can't understand how on Earth there is any profit in any of this stuff when you factor the shipping cost to the UK. It's not like it takes very long to get here either.

My “Air Inlet Protection Covers” (AKA Little Plastic Grills) arrived yesterday from AliExpress, eight days after ordering. Good delivery from China, I can wait longer than that for U.K. deliveries!

I’ve fitted them this morning. Moved the seats fully forward and fully up. Still a bit fiddly, but only took a few minutes.

I would now feel happy having a game of marbles in the back of the car :D

View attachment 553084 View attachment 553085 View attachment 553086 View attachment 553087
@Roy W. You have not obeyed the OCD rules. You have one of the grills upside down :S

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop on Aliexpress now. Taking all my resolve not to order loads of things I don't need. I also can't understand how on Earth there is any profit in any of this stuff when you factor the shipping cost to the UK. It's not like it takes very long to get here either.

I daren't look - If SWMBO ever finds what I've spent on accessories.....

That said I have just ordered the under seat vent cover thingies from eBay - but that is a safety related item isn't it :rolleyes:

On behalf of TMC we appreciate your market research!

Reactions: Durzel
Has anyone tried fitting one of those "rain-spoilers" for the rear window - the one that is supposed to prevent rain from the rear window splashing straight into an opened boot - and if so does it actually work and stay stuck on?

Also I thought I'd heard something about possible design changes to the Model 3 to improve the window to boot area that might not need a spoiler to be fitted?

Has anyone tried fitting one of those "rain-spoilers" for the rear window - the one that is supposed to prevent rain from the rear window splashing straight into an opened boot - and if so does it actually work and stay stuck on?

Also I thought I'd heard something about possible design changes to the Model 3 to improve the window to boot area that might not need a spoiler to be fitted?
There's supposed to be a wider channel on the newer models. My car was produced this year but still lets in some water if the boot is covered although it's not terrible.

I've been looking at those water guards but not purchased yet.

There is a rubber lip at the bottom of the rear windscreen on newer models, that acts as a rain channel, although it is not totally effective, and it also seems to attract crud and mould from what I’ve seen.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Had a load of kit delivered from AliExpress yesterday actually came really quickly, around 7 days.

pedal covers, matte console covers (I can’t manage wrap) and a few other items, I was blown away by the quality and feel! The pedals were very weighty and the rubber was grippy but tough too and the covers felt premium not cheap and nasty like I was half expecting.

It shows that quality doesn’t always have to come at a premium.

Had a load of kit delivered from AliExpress yesterday actually came really quickly, around 7 days.

pedal covers, matte console covers (I can’t manage wrap) and a few other items, I was blown away by the quality and feel! The pedals were very weighty and the rubber was grippy but tough too and the covers felt premium not cheap and nasty like I was half expecting.

It shows that quality doesn’t always have to come at a premium.

Would you mind sharing which pedal set you bought? I would like some but there's soo many..

Me too, I fitted mine yesterday ... very nice quality plastic I would say. My only comment is that there appear to be potential spaces around the actual air intakes that are just covered with carpet and which remain a potential route for small items. I'm hoping that this just gives access to the floor surface and doesn't lead to anywhere that's inaccessible!

Reactions: *Adam and Roy W.