Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed this should be changed to "under construction" on supercharge.info

Has Tesla and Ecotricty kissed and made up?? If so that's great news for all EV owners, I presume non Tesla will be allowed to charge at Ecotricty sites though??

Regardless great news for M1 north travellers out of London. Northampton gets very crowded these days.

Will make our 230 mile one day round trips to London in a 75D X very easy once this is up and running.

Agreed. 4 trees along as per the planning. Although they look like they have small poles/ballades out of each tombstone which I think is slightly unusual.

Not sure why all the EH bays aren’t green though... the rest are painted bay lines.
New pic of Rugby from Superchargers.info

A6FF6B85-12C7-4822-9FE3-C06EF0769F0A.jpeg

Has Tesla and Ecotricty kissed and made up??
From the screenshot I seen yesterday of Dale’s Q&A... then no. Can’t find it now but basically called Tesla a bunch of Liars when asked if they had partnered with Tesla. Not on Facebook though so can’t confirm first hand.

However, it must be a huge coincidence if they haven’t partnered, because they are both on numerous planning permission docs for rollout of new sites at cross the UK...

From the screenshot I seen yesterday of Dale’s Q&A... then no. Can’t find it now but basically called Tesla a bunch of Liars when asked if they had partnered with Tesla. Not on Facebook though so can’t confirm first hand.

However, it must be a huge coincidence if they haven’t partnered, because they are both on numerous planning permission docs for rollout of new sites at cross the UK...
I also think they must have made up and I couldn't find Dale's tweet about it. I will be interested to see if they put the cost up with them being 350kw, will be handy for me as it's not massively out the way for me when I need a rapid charge.

Am confused now, so are these Tesla SCs been installed at Rugby or Ionity? Or both - so 12 SCs and 12 other chargers?

Am confused now, so are these Tesla SCs been installed at Rugby or Ionity? Or both - so 12 SCs and 12 other chargers?

12 Tesla supercharger + 12 Ecotricity rapid chargers of undisclosed spec (planning application showed Chargepoint/Tritium modular units, but Dale Vince has since said the drawings were just "illustrative"). Similarly, the planning drawings showed cabinets consistent with V2 superchargers, but in practice they are bound to be V3.

Note that this is talking about the new service area under construction and nearly finished adjacent to M6 J1, where the operator is Moto - there have been a number of recent applications for existing Moto sites that show Tesla plus Ecotricity in combination; Moto have historically been Ecotricity-only. Welcome Break/Applegreen have long taken a multi supplier approach and IIRC have been more recently proposing Tesla + Instavolt + Ecotricity. Extra have been proposing Ionity and rubbishing their competitors' use of Tesla on the grounds that Tesla equipment limits them to only a subset of the general public.

As to Ecotricity/Tesla "partnering", remember that the dispute was settled in 2015 with terms that weren't disclosed but were evident from outside evidence:
  • Ecotricity were still saying unfriendly things about Tesla, so it was a "divorce settlement" not a kiss-and-make-up.
  • Tesla were no longer prohibited by Ecotricity from installing at any motorway services they pleased, but still of course had to get agreement from the services operator (and the various operators had different approaches)
  • Some money appeared to transfer from Tesla to Ecotricity/Electric highway (in that EH suddenly started spending on new installs within weeks of the settlement, saying they had a new funding source but not admitting it was Tesla).
So the new "partnership" is almost certainly driven by Moto, though exactly who is paying for what is not at all clear and would be interesting to know.

Has Tesla and Ecotricty kissed and made up?? If so that's great news for all EV owners, I presume non Tesla will be allowed to charge at Ecotricty sites though??

Regardless great news for M1 north travellers out of London. Northampton gets very crowded these days.

Will make our 230 mile one day round trips to London in a 75D X very easy once this is up and running.
Found a screenshot
968C05AA-E078-4ED6-9A76-E2F3E3B0DB04.jpeg

New pic of Rugby from Superchargers.info
The green paint has progressed nicely since the photo in Dale Vince's tweet. Amusing to see a Model X having a sniff around there (maybe the photographer's?).

Similarly, the planning drawings showed cabinets consistent with V2 superchargers, but in practice they are bound to be V3.
Yes the supercharger app photo clearly shows foundations and cabling for 3 V3 charger cabinets. I don't know if the metal boxes on the stall foundations are specific to V3 but I recall these being used for the Leeds SC and extra Heathrow T5 V3 stalls.

Does anyone have any information about the new Leeds Whitehouse Street supercharger site. Specifically, what facilities are there. It looks like it's in an industrial estate - are there 24 hour toilets or a shop there?
No shops or toilets near by it's a tesla service center so you may be able to use them in office hours, i've used these V3's quite often whilst waiting for my podpoint install, there is a maccy d's not far down the road, I tend to nip there for the loo/grabbing a bite to eat, then head to the supercharger and catch up on my netflix shows/youtube subscriptions, just have to remember to disconnect the wifi when I arrive as it auto joins the service center's wifi

No shops or toilets near by it's a tesla service center so you may be able to use them in office hours, i've used these V3's quite often whilst waiting for my podpoint install, there is a maccy d's not far down the road, I tend to nip there for the loo/grabbing a bite to eat, then head to the supercharger and catch up on my netflix shows/youtube subscriptions, just have to remember to disconnect the wifi when I arrive as it auto joins the service center's wifi
Doesn't sound very good for a stop on a long drive. Can't understand why they've gone to the effort of installing V3 chargers in such a location!

Reactions: CMc1
Doesn't sound very good for a stop on a long drive. Can't understand why they've gone to the effort of installing V3 chargers in such a location!

Because the only alternative on the M62 is the two stall V2 at Village Hotel Leeds. I live near Lancaster and for me to travel to Hull for example the two stall is the only charger available apart from the V3 at the service centre. With Hartshead moor services being a long stalled project it was a quick way of them adding some less than optimal but useful capacity. Much like the 8 stalls now at Manchester SC.

Yeah West Yorkshire was a bit of a Tesla desert before the V3's were put in, such a shame Hartshead moor is stalled, and still no word about Ferrybridge either, Leeds SC was probably the easiest way to get a number of V3 chargers put in. I do wish, however that the Village supercharger was more than two stalls.

Reactions: adsheff
Hi guys, any idea when the fort William super charger will be reopened? Travelling there now from south east England and a bit screwed if it’s going to remain offline.

Attachments

• FA761476-1413-47BC-A0C3-5196446703A0.jpeg
    FA761476-1413-47BC-A0C3-5196446703A0.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Hi guys, any idea when the fort William super charger will be reopened? Travelling there now from south east England and a bit screwed if it’s going to remain offline.
Someone mentioned in Zap-Map two days ago it wasn’t accessible on “the servers” but was still able to charge. Not sure what that means. It was previously on the in-car Nav so they must be referring to the closure issue.
Could be worth a call enroute, to the supercharger team to see if they can clarify...