Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully it will be helpful to list the Supercharger Sites that only have a couple of converted CCS stalls, so that Model-3 owners are aware when planning trips.

I will endeavour to keep this list up to date as it changes

Background:

As of start of September-2019 Tesla have converted over 75% of the stalls in the UK. Initially they converted just two-or-four stalls, at all sites, and have then been revisiting them to convert all the remainder. Tesla only started doing this in February, and they have had to do this across the whole of the EU, so whilst annoying for anyone getting a raw deal at one of the unconverted sites its still brave/ impressive what is being achieved ... provided Tesla continue to crack on and complete the job.

I've sort-of ordered the list by sites where it is likely to make more difference - e.g. only 2 stalls at large sites where, presumably, more people are likely to want to charge, and a site that has had all-bar-one stall converted listed last.

2/12 Charnock Richard, UK
2/12 Fleet Northbound, UK
4/16 Birmingham-Hopwood Park, UK
2/4 Keele / Stoke-on-Trent Southbound, UK
2/8 Keele / Stoke-on-Trent Northbound, UK
2/8 Telford, UK
2/8 Warwick Northbound, UK
2/8 Warwick Southbound, UK
2/8 Washington, UK
2/8 Woodall Southbound, UK

4/6 Oxford, UK - don't think that is right, Oxford has more than 6 stalls I think?

4/8 Bristol - Gordano M5, UK
4/8 Burtonwood, UK
4/8 Membury Services Westbound, UK
4/8 Michaelwood Services Northbound, UK
4/8 Sarn, UK

6/8 Membury Services Eastbound, UK
4/5 Dartford, UK

Last edited:
TeslaCCSMap_21Sep2019.jpg

Light blue = 2 stalls
Dark blue = 4 stalls
Orange = most stalls

does that mean red don't have any CCS?

I just lifted Tesla's map which uses Red for sites that are built and grey for "coming soon" ... so as @NorfolkMustard indicated I have only coloured-in the ones that aren't completed

On the SatNav in the car Red = "Have sufficient range to reach", and light-red = "out-of-range".

Note that the data is crowd-sourced, so quite possible that more stalls have been converted but yet not added to the known-done-list.

Reactions: Roy W. and m3gt2
4/6 Oxford, UK - don't think that is right, Oxford has more than 6 stalls I think?
Oxford now has all 16 stalls live but not all with CCS: a check-in on the Supercharger app from a couple of days ago says "the first few stalls as you arrive do not support Model 3 charging"; a check-in on the Supercharger app from April indicated 6 with CCS so 6 minimum.

Does the Tesla app show availability depending on your car type (a bit like the in-car map?). If so any Model 3 owners who are close enough to Oxford may be able to confirm #CCS stalls from the Charging tab (I'm not much use as I can only see as far south as Edinburgh using my phone, and ~Northwest England from the car map).

Does Hopwood still only have 4 CCS stalls and has anybody used it on a Saturday around noon to know how busy it usually is? Hoping to pick my car up next week and have a planned trip the following Saturday that would probably required a stop there if I do have the car

Reactions: adsheff
Burtonwood shows light blue on the map but should be dark blue as it usually has 4 not 2 when working

Sorry, that's my fault (the crowd-sourced data was/is correct)

Oxford now has all 16 stalls live but not all with CCS

The crowd sourced data still has 6 stalls (total) [which is not particularly important in this context] but only showing 4 CCS stalls, so would be good to have confirmation of that (My guess is that you can do that on a Model-3 SatNav even if not close? My Model-3 isn't here ...)

Oxford now has all 16 stalls live but not all with CCS: a check-in on the Supercharger app from a couple of days ago says "the first few stalls as you arrive do not support Model 3 charging"; a check-in on the Supercharger app from April indicated 6 with CCS so 6 minimum.

Does the Tesla app show availability depending on your car type (a bit like the in-car map?). If so any Model 3 owners who are close enough to Oxford may be able to confirm #CCS stalls from the Charging tab (I'm not much use as I can only see as far south as Edinburgh using my phone, and ~Northwest England from the car map).
The in-car map will show you details of all superchargers I thought? feint ones are just out of your current range

The in-car map will show you details of all superchargers I thought? feint ones are just out of your current range
Admittedly I haven't checked recently but there seemed to be two limits on the in-car map - bold/faint to show in range/out of range, and then a further limit beyond which live stall availability isn't displayed. Last time I looked at this the latter limit extended to roughly Liverpool/Manchester from NE Scotland, so maybe 250-300 miles; anything south of that point didn't have the little red bars graphic.

The crowd sourced data still has 6 stalls (total) [which is not particularly important in this context] but only showing 4 CCS stalls, so would be good to have confirmation of that (My guess is that you can do that on a Model-3 SatNav even if not close? My Model-3 isn't here ...)
The crowd sourced database may have been undone by the fact that Oxford was expanded and relocated within the car park - originally there were 6 bays then 16 new bays were built in 2017 but there was a period when some of the old bays were still live plus some in the new location, and then the old bays were removed but not all the new ones went live. As recently as July at least 2 of the 16 weren't working but this month all bays now seem to be up and running. You'd need a particularly well-designed database to capture all that history (on top of the CCS conversions)!

Some more site expansion news I've read this month: London Heathrow (Hilton T5) is currently being expanded from 8 to 16 bays (work is in progress). While the number of new sites added so far this year has been a bit disappointing it's reassuring to see existing sites (Heathrow, Grantham & Folkestone) being beefed up.

• Informative
Reactions: j6Lpi429@3j