Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any reason why Tesla's own map on their website seems to be so far behind with the "coming soon" sites compared to what seems to be on the ground?

Hardware and site preparations on the ground mean nothing until they can get the power connected, so I wouldn't interpret anything in terms of timing from what you see at a poential new site.

Any reason why Tesla's own map on their website seems to be so far behind with the "coming soon" sites compared to what seems to be on the ground?
Regarding sites actually under construction, historically Tesla rarely shows accurate pin locations. I speculate that's deliberate to avoid, for example, derailing negotiations with landowners. Supercharge.info is, for me, the definitive (albeit crowd-sourced) database for sites with planning permission / under construction.

Once a site goes live, it is usually updated within a couple of days (<1 week) on tesla.com. Usually there is a bit of associated tidying up, with any neighbouring "coming soon" pins removed. So expect to see the "Wokingham - coming soon" pin which is, as I type, located at M4 J10 to disappear and be replaced with an accurate site pin in the nearby DoubleTree hotel car park.

It's not perfect though - there is still pin for "Perth - coming soon":
Perth | Tesla UK
In fact it opened earlier this year:
Perth Supercharger | Tesla UK

replaced with an accurate site pin in the nearby DoubleTree hotel car park

Just as well ... original site looked hard to reach, and needing a lot of groundworks ...

SCWokingham.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cezdoc and drewpost
I dislike FB and use it only for access to this closed group. My daughter set it up under the clear instructions I was to have no friends, no personal details or anything else that I could avoid. It’s actually pretty good.
I have adopted the same approach. I use Facebook for the sole purpose of the Tesla owners group. There is some interesting stuff posted there and less of the personal agro which can sometimes be found on TMC

Yes, that’s the one.

They do (rightly in my view) insist on validating that you are a current Tesla vehicle owner, which will cause a few days delay between registering and access.

The leaders of the Group do have good relations with Tesla UK senior management which is to the advantage of Group members.
I didn't know the discussion part was on Facebook. Was also looking to join but not sure if I can bring myself to signing up to FB again, aliased or not.

Reactions: ACarneiro
I didn't know the discussion part was on Facebook. Was also looking to join but not sure if I can bring myself to signing up to FB again, aliased or not.
I will join you in the not wanting to join FB club....I've avoided it for this long already with all the harassment and disbelieve you get from people, I have now left it too long I feel to join the FB crew...(1st world problems)

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Another example being Fleet having 2 and Liphook having 8. I can't believe the A3 gets more traffic than the M3.

my most regular stop is the fleet M3, and it is amazingly empty every time I use it. I've never seen it even 75% full, and its often 25% full at most. No idea why. Maybe the SW has a disproportionately low number of owners so far.

But there is also other daft stuff like Lifton shows 4 stalls on the Tesla map but both 3rd party sites linked above show 6...
Yes the tesla.com Supercharger list has a handful of errors. It seems to be more for demonstration purposes as the in-car Nav is arguably the definitive database - but that database isn't made available online (when they started showing live Supercharger usage a TMC member with a rooted Model S briefly managed to feed that information to a website but was politely asked by Tesla to take it down after a few days).

I haven't visited Lifton in person but I've seen photos confirming there are definitely 6 live stalls there. During a recent trip down south I got close enough to check the in-car map/Tesla app to see live usage but disappointingly Lifton didn't report anything - I gather the mobile data signal is a bit weak there.

I haven't visited Lifton in person but I've seen photos confirming there are definitely 6 live stalls there. During a recent trip down south I got close enough to check the in-car map/Tesla app to see live usage but disappointingly Lifton didn't report anything - I gather the mobile data signal is a bit weak there.

Lifton definitely has 6 stalls, with three Tesla destination chargers right next to them.
2019-07-13 20.32.33.jpg
2019-07-13 20.32.40.jpg