Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks as though Birchanger Green expansion is now live with 20 250kw stalls. Nice to see the existing 4 x V2 still there as well.
I think this is the first UK supercharger to have two sets of stalls in quite separate areas. For now the Tesla app and their FindUs map pinpoint the V2 stalls next to the Days Inn but the V3 ones are about 250 m away in the main car park. I agree it's nice that the V2 stalls have been retained - handy for those of us with slower charging cars (I have a MS70) or not in such a hurry to get going again, not to mention old timers without CCS!

2024-02-29 Birchanger Pin Location FindUs.png

2024-02-29 Birchanger locations.png

It would be useful to know exactly what has currently been built on site - it would seem that the author of the planning statement in 24/00322, while boasting of her 12 years experience as a planning consultant, is sat in her office in Harrogate and hasn't bothered to visit the site....

Took a look at both sides of Rownhams today.

On the north side are the six not yet working Gridserve chargers where the line is, plus a single 50kWh charger and a couple of slow (7kWh?) chargers where the two x are.

On the south side interestingly there was a row of bays blocked off with metal fencing, along with indications of some sort of work being prepped for. Possibly 2 + 2 = 5, but it wouldn’t be hard to imagine a row of chargers sitting there in a few months…

IMG_2342.jpeg

Anyone seen activity at Gretna ? How are they getting on with the site expansion ?
See my earlier post of a few weeks ago, I visited on 17 Feb to check. The site is complete, The old 4 x v2 are removed and 14 x V3 are installed and ready and parking lines all painted, Heras fencing just blocking them from being used. It looked as if all that was required was to connect them and commission them. There was still some plastic wrapping around the control cabinets at that point.

I am just waiting for the turn on as it is on my regular commute and it will be better than Abington for me.

Does anybody have any news on the status of Brora SC? Target opening was Q1 2023. Use this route from Glasgow to Thurso and back twice a month.
I don't think we even know where this one will be built. No permits or construction found. Keep an eye out when you drive through and let us know. ;)

Anyone have news as to what’s happening with Walton Summit / Preston South? Doing the M62/M61/M6 run soon and it would be extremely convenient for me.

15 V4 stalls all built as of a month or so ago, awaiting power/transformers to the site, etc. Could be live next week or next year........
Located here: supercharge.info