Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To Model S / X owners (and Model-3 :) )

4/8 Membury Services Westbound, UK (Now 150kW, marked as a recent change, don't know if recently done)

That was me. 28 Sep 19 charge.

DSC_0126.JPG

So having spoken to the lovely guy who’s converting the stalls in Telford, he says they’re doing the 12 in Oxford today and that should pretty much be the whole country done by the end of this week.
There are four teams of two people currently deployed on this.

I must say I’m very impressed... :)

That’s Telford now 8/8 converted :)
AA4B2E07-996A-45B9-A619-F2322ECCAB9E.jpeg
9D30CE5C-F1CB-4500-8D58-2AFD0040413D.jpeg
F8694CAE-C265-4019-AEBE-DCCDA98BF197.jpeg
F3EDA250-DCB2-447C-BB08-3D3F831B2D7B.jpeg

A Supercharger on the A168 would be really useful. Lots of Tesla's around the area between Leeming and Middlesbrough but really poor coverage of destination chargers and no Superchargers. There's a petrol station at Malthurst Thirsk Petrol Station going West, and a Shell station the other side of the carriageway. Lots and lots of traffic here so would be the ideal spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1
That’s 11 sites converted to full CCS in around 7 days!!

yeah, but nothing for a month before, and then before that a whole raft done in a couple of day.

I'm sure there is a reason for the Bursts, but the ones not done this time around may be another month before they get scheduled ... or, more optimistically, this schedule will include all of them :)

Either way, Tesla didn't start converting Stalls to two-hose CCS until February, and they have done over 96% of the nearly 4,500 stalls across Europe. Definitely impressive, and the whole kit to do it with looks pretty straightforward too, so some decent "elegant engineering" involved too

Reactions: CMc1
A Supercharger on the A168 would be really useful. Lots of Tesla's around the area between Leeming and Middlesbrough but really poor coverage of destination chargers and no Superchargers. There's a petrol station at Malthurst Thirsk Petrol Station going West, and a Shell station the other side of the carriageway. Lots and lots of traffic here so would be the ideal spot.

Tesla has data about every trip that every car makes, and the state of charge. I'm sure they know where they should spend their money to best advantage ... but that said they might well want to put them in a particular area but there is significant "previous" of Tesla not being able to find suitable landlords, or being held to ransom by them, or having trouble with the planners, or being promised a Fat Cable and then, several years later, the Brtis still not having come good on their promise.

Yes WannabeOwner, I agree with what you say however I do know that the person owning the Malthurst (no relation to me!) would be delighted to have a Tesla Supercharger.

I don't know the details, but there is a route to approach Tesla on that front; I expect your chum knows that, but if not might be worth mentioning? as it must make sense for Tesla to work with willing-landlords :)

Clearly the first crop of 2-stall Superchargers, back in 2014, are in places that only made sense to Willing (and Brave!) Landlords back then.

I wonder what sort of capital expenditure is required by Telsa is for your typical 8 bay Supercharger.

I'm sure the emphasis changes, over time, but Tesla has been generous on collaboration with landlords. Supercharger can bring customers, so benefit for landlord. The sites needs to have a decent electricity supply ... that may rule out many sites, its expensive to provide. 16 stalls at, what, 100kW each at "peak"? That's 1.5 MW ... dunno how "common" that is?

Tesla did a Workplace Charger initiative a year or so back. If you had a suitable site Tesla would give the landlord the Chargers, Landlord had to pay for install and the subsequent electricity. That is what gave rise to the Destination Chargers on the Tesla Map.

So my expectation, albeit a guess, is that Tesla will be happy to work with anyone with a suitable site, if the location serves the right volume of traffic.

How does Tesla decide where to put Supercharger stations?
Tesla Superchargers enable long distance travel and convenient charging in urban areas. We use precise energy modeling and locate Superchargers near amenities, such as hotels, restaurants and shopping areas. Attract Tesla drivers to your property by hosting a Supercharger station. You may submit your property suggestion here.

How does Tesla decide where to put Supercharger stations?
Tesla Superchargers enable long distance travel and convenient charging in urban areas. We use precise energy modeling and locate Superchargers near amenities, such as hotels, restaurants and shopping areas. Attract Tesla drivers to your property by hosting a Supercharger station. You may submit your property suggestion here.
I've applied for one outside my house ;)

You never know.

Just need to setup a lemonade stand!

If visiting any of these Superchargers please check to see if all-stalls converted to two-hoses at the remaining sites. Along with a new "Yes" having a "not yet" confirmation will also be useful

2/12 Charnock Richard, UK
4/16 Birmingham-Hopwood Park, UK
2/8 Washington, UK

4/8 Bristol - Gordano M5, UK
4/8 Burtonwood, UK
4/8 Sarn, UK

DONE (recently):

8/8 Telford, UK (Noted here but not on Crowd Sourced Data yet)

16/16 Birmingham-Hopwood Park, UK
8/8 Membury Services Westbound, UK
16/16 Oxford, UK

8/8(12) Fleet Northbound, UK (4 stalls in wraps, not converted to CCS)
8/8 Michaelwood Services Northbound, UK
4/4 Keele / Stoke-on-Trent Southbound, UK
8/8 Keele / Stoke-on-Trent Northbound, UK
8/8 Warwick Northbound, UK
8/8 Warwick Southbound, UK

8/8 Burtonwood, UK
8/8 Woodall Southbound, UK