Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's Enfield, Ireland, the Applegreen services on the M4.

Looking at this one further:
* The dot on the Tesla map points to the Applegreen service area, not the "Enfield" town name
* The dot on the Tesla map is marked "coming soon" (as previously mentioned, only highly progressed sites at at this state
* Tesla have partnered with Applegreen in other locations (e.g. Castlebellingham)

This seems good enough for a "Construction" dot on supercharge.info :)

The dot on the Tesla map is marked "coming soon" (as previously mentioned, only highly progressed sites at at this state

"Coming soon" here in UK (dunno about elsewhere) has, of late, indicated an intention to have a site somewhere nearby. Pretty sure even 50 miles away has happened during the last 12 months - I'm thinking of the Aviemore one which, from memory, was originally indicated as quite some distance away.

I've heard that Tesla negotiate with multiple landlords and first-to-close the deal / get planning / etc gets it

Here are two screen-grabs I did - back in September before Aviemore opened, and the second in December.

Its the one up the top near "Inverness" :) - Google says that's 43 miles from Aviemore.

TeslaSC2017_UK_Sep.jpg

September 2017

TeslaSC2017_UK_Dec.jpg

December 2017

P.S. Looks like the Limerick one isn't near the original Pin either ...

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
"Coming soon" here in UK (dunno about elsewhere) has, of late, indicated an intention to have a site somewhere nearby. Pretty sure even 50 miles away has happened during the last 12 months - I'm thinking of the Aviemore one which, from memory, was originally indicated as quite some distance away.

Yeah, it looks like the dots go through various stages - when they first appear they are vaguely indicative of general coverage intentions. Often you notice that the marker is directly over the town name on the map. Later on when they go live they get moved to the exact location. However on a small number of occasions you will see the marker move *away* from the town name and to a specific location before it goes live - like what happened with Enfield.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
That's just popped up on Supercharger Info (might be you that reported it of course ... :) ) as "Applegreen Enfield, Westbound" marked as Construction

Yes I submitted that :) It would be good if anyone nearby was to get a photo :) It's not strictly UK so I might create a new thread for it, to get the attention of any Irish members reading this forum!

Supercharger - Enfield, Ireland

Last edited:
Any news on the one in wales on the A55 at bodelwyddan services?

TBH there’s never really any news worth reporting except:

1. A new site with ground being broken
2. Confirmed report of someone charging

The gap between 1. and 2. is generally full of rumour, guesswork and hopeful expectation. How long between 1. and 2. is the proverbial piece of string. :(

• Informative
Reactions: M4guy
How long between 1. and 2. is the proverbial piece of string.

Talking of which I haven't update the "Work in Progress" list for a while:
14-Oct Leicester Forest East Northbound M1 J21-21a (Permit)
14-Oct Leicester Forest East Southbound M1 J21-21a (Permit)
01-Oct Old Thorns Manor Hotel, Liphook A3
21-SepFleet Welcome Break Southbound, M3
28-AugMembury Welcome Break Eastbound, M4 Hungerford
30-JulScotch Corner Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 & A66
22-MayWelcome Break Burtonwood, M62
21-MayWelcome Break Membury Services Westbound M4 Hungerford
06-MayWelcome Break Fleet Northbound, M3
21-MarBrighouse Southbound 24-25 M62
21-MarBrighouse Northbound 24-25 M62

[TR]
[/TR]

actually having now re-checked all those against Supercharger Info there is no change since last time (beginning of November 2017)