Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so the local Fleet MP basically said 'sod off unless you are my constituent' -> typical Uk MP attitude. So far this morning I've contacted the services operator (Welcome break) and the department of transport. Still not giving up. Politicians don't get to brag about supporting EVs if they don't actually flipping do something...

edit: also contacted transport minister (chris grayling) and submitted it as a story to the BBC.
GRRRRR

Last edited:
Ok, so the local Fleet MP basically said 'sod off unless you are my constituent' -> typical Uk MP attitude. So far this morning I've contacted the services operator (Welcome break) and the department of transport. Still not giving up. Politicians don't get to brag about supporting EVs if they don't actually flipping do something...

edit: also contacted transport minister (chris grayling) and submitted it as a story to the BBC.
GRRRRR
I admire your tenacity but I do think there are higher priority battles to be fought. The fact that there is a willing host (Welcome Break) who have allowed installation of charging units, and a provider (Tesla) who has paid for the land and the equipment means there are two commercial stakeholders who I am sure will be lobbying/negotiating as hard as they can to get some return on their sunk costs.

In the meantime it's only a 15 minute detour to drive round to the northbound services and back again.

Perhaps it would be better to focus on somewhere like Brighton, mid/north Wales, or the east of England where there are genuine gaps and no sign of any progress.

Nevertheless If you do find out what the hold up is and my voice can make any difference I would, of course, be happy to lend my support.

ANyone have any info on the Barlborough site? Looking back on this thread it appeared around May 2018, with target date of 2019. The area doesnt have a services, but large car parks for an Ibis and nearby Dobbies Garden Centre. Anybody have any further information on this location?

Just to tie this to Supercharger Info : it is recorded as "Chandler's Cross, UK" there
Tesla have updated their "coming soon" list and weeded out some paired pins including Chandler's Cross (so Leavesden is now the only pin in the area). Probably not worth updating Supercharge.info until the site goes live though,

Ipswich has also gone (presumably replaced by Colchester) and intriguingly Crossgates (replaced by Builth Wells). Given that there is construction at Leavesden and Colchester, does that mean Tesla have a site in mind for mid Wales...?

ANyone have any info on the Barlborough site? Looking back on this thread it appeared around May 2018, with target date of 2019. The area doesnt have a services, but large car parks for an Ibis and nearby Dobbies Garden Centre. Anybody have any further information on this location?

Barlborough has sort of been removed - the listing has gone but there is still a pin there associated with Perth. Perth itself is now open and Barlborough is presumably going to end up as Woodall Northbound.

Aberdeen has been re-labelled "Aberdeen Scotland" and no longer points to Aberdeen, Maryland :).

Tesla Superchargers in United Kingdom | Tesla UK

Proposed sites are only indications, actually sites have sprung up in places not particularly related to original proposal.

Tesla have been mucked about by some landlords (there are sties built, hardware rolled out, that have been like that for over a year and landlord subsequently holding them to ransom over wayleave, or some unexpected piece of redtape), so Tesla have changed approach to find locations that are actually going to happen before committing;

I've got to go up to Teeside from Kent fairly regularly for the foreseeable future but I'm getting a little worried about charging up there as the nearest Supercharger would be Scotch Corner, some one hour twenty minutes away from my destination. I'm going to have to find some other solution as I have to go and would like to take the M3 ( and use my free Supercharger mileage) when she arrives and not the other car.
Anyone else have similar problems?

I've got to go up to Teeside from Kent fairly regularly for the foreseeable future but I'm getting a little worried about charging up there as the nearest Supercharger would be Scotch Corner, some one hour twenty minutes away from my destination. I'm going to have to find some other solution as I have to go and would like to take the M3 ( and use my free Supercharger mileage) when she arrives and not the other car.

I’ve done this trip several times. I charged at Leeds on the way up, before Grantham, opened and charged at the hotel over night. I stayed in Gisborough Hall where they let me connect the UMC

Have you planned it in abetterrouteplanner.com ?

Reactions: Pikey and Roy W.