Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leeds Supercharger V3 confirmed!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-021806_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-021806_Twitter.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Supposedly 17 supercharger stalls at Grantham? Not sure if this is a bug as it is only meant to have 16. They had a few stalls bagged, like I had posted about, so could be something related to that. Anyone have any info?

Attachments

• 32E81FA5-E6BA-4277-9D53-2C147B711FB5.png
    32E81FA5-E6BA-4277-9D53-2C147B711FB5.png
    701.7 KB · Views: 81
Aberdeen - before the end of the year, eight stalls, version unknown, at the new service centre location on Wellington Circle, just south of the city. Opposite the main Parcelforce / Post Office distribution office, down the left side of the image.

The premises are up and running for test drives and so on, but will be vacated for a full makeover, and the chargers should be there when they are done. Presumably there will be 24 access somehow when the Service Centre is shut.

Thanks for the info, wasn't sure if the chargers would be there or somewhere on the AWPR but it makes sense to have them at the service centre to keep costs down. Getting through Aberdeen can be a bit of a nightmare at certain places at the wrong time due to the bus lanes, although nowhere near as bad as pre AWPR.

Thanks for that info. How much of a detour would that site be from the new bypass if I was heading north towards Westhill?

Tried to work it out on the map but I'm not yet familiar enough with the new road layout.

Suppose it depends where your coming from, charge level, and time of day etc, but if coming from South to Westhill then heading back would you be better to charge at Dundee instead as they appear to be just a minute off the Kingsway even it it meant short stops both ways, it would save having to go into Aberdeen city and avoid traffic.

Suppose it depends where your coming from, charge level, and time of day etc, but if coming from South to Westhill then heading back would you be better to charge at Dundee instead as they appear to be just a minute off the Kingsway even it it meant short stops both ways, it would save having to go into Aberdeen city and avoid traffic.

I do day trips from Dunfermline to Alford regularly in a TM3 SR+.

I'll leave Dunfermline with 90% charge and arrive in Alford with 25% charge. There's a 50 kWh charger in Alford which works well but if there was an issue there then getting back to Dundee from Alford with 25% would be a bit tight. Aberdeen with the detour would be possible though.

I see, even if you got a slow charge while your in Alford, enough to get to Dundee comfortably would maybe be better than going into Aberdeen as Alford is a fair bit out. Nice transport museum there though. As you say at least Aberdeen gives you another option if your stuck.

Reactions: Medved_77
I was at Leeds SC yesterday. Confirmed all V3 CCS only. Should be online anytime now the Service Advisor explained. They are running final checks on them. Was interesting to see all the transformers and other HV equipment with Tesla protective covers over them. Obviously shipped from the US.