Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Supercharger coming soon to Pease Pottage Services, south of London. 12 Tesla charging “podia” to be installed, along with 6 Ecotricity stations. Thanks @dpeilow

Superchargers will be V3: https://padocs.midsussex.gov.uk/PublicDocuments/00714951.pdf

D008B7F3-5494-4F80-B5D6-51CFAB3B2262.jpeg

@cezdoc

Last edited by a moderator:
Reports on SpeakEV that Newbridge (Edinburgh) will be blend of V2 and V3, but construction maybe be delayed due to layout constraints.

If they're planning to build it within the car park of the service centre then I'm not surprised. Car park was full to the brim with new cars and a transportor was still attempting to deliver more on my last visit.

Edinburgh looks to definitely V3. Two Inverters are on site and currently stored inside the service centre along with the cable trunking for ground works. Couldn’t get a photo but they look like the white cabinets seen at other V3 locations.

Team member said they’re getting installed outside the fence of the SC. (Road leading to SC)

New Supercharger coming soon to Pease Pottage Services, south of London. 12 V3 Tesla-charging “podia” to be installed, along with 6 Ecotricity stations. Photo from @dpeilow ’s Twitter:

View attachment 569898
Out in force. How is V3 confirmed?

Interesting that it shows Ecotricity using Tritium equipment (like Instavolt). Does this mean that Ecotricity have finally found a pot of money to bring themselves back into relevance again, just when they seemed to have given up? Or, in the spirit of adding 2+2 and getting 1001, should I speculate at an Ecotricity/Instavolt partnership?

Either way, it's looking like the CCS upgrade for us classic Model S owners is going to become urgent quite soon.

Wonder which gate then as there are 2 of them as outlined in red below. The cars (especially at end of quarter) are parked up to and beyond the 2nd gate.

V3 is great news though, it's a brilliant location for M8, M9 and A90

View attachment 569939

Yes, when I was at the Edinburgh SC new deliveries took up the entire area next to their building as well as beyond the gate. With the staff cars parked in the outer section there was hardly any room left. It's hard to see how they can give up much of their existing space for Supercharger stalls.

Interesting that it shows Ecotricity using Tritium equipment (like Instavolt). Does this mean that Ecotricity have finally found a pot of money to bring themselves back into relevance again, just when they seemed to have given up? Or, in the spirit of adding 2+2 and getting 1001, should I speculate at an Ecotricity/Instavolt partnership?

Either way, it's looking like the CCS upgrade for us classic Model S owners is going to become urgent quite soon.
At least there is an upgrade path - pity the Leaf drivers!
As a pre-facelift MS owner I'll probably manage okay with the current Supercharger network, but it is a pity that it looks like we've reached the end of new sites with V2 chargers. The existing CHAdeMO network is pretty comprehensive up at my end of the country and will hopefully remain serviceable for the next couple of years at least. After that I'll be left with my adapter as a stranded asset I guess (wouldn't it be nice if it could be traded in for a discount off the CCS upgrade?).

It's a bit galling that if you're in North America you won't need to cough up the equivalent of £450 to be able to access newer Superchargers but I suppose there are thornier issues around <cough> eMMC <cough>.

I share your concern as a 'classic' Model S owner. Strikes me the move to V3 is closing the door a little bit to the legacy 'free supercharging for life' population. An unintended consequence, I'm sure.

Looks like the CCS upgrade is inevitable, as you say.