Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 622571 View attachment 622568
Big skip has appeared at Chester SC. Work could be soon to start... I know I know wrong thread as we don’t think there will be SuCs.
I believe there will be Superchargers: they have sufficient nearby power (nearest substation is a few hundred metres away and accessible mostly via a soft-dig), it is clearly policy to include 8+ Superchargers at all possible service centres, and finally, the planning permission shows angled bays marked at the entrance alongside a pair of new square objects that don’t currently exist. Hopefully those objects are cabinets and the bays are for Superchargers.

I believe there will be Superchargers: they have sufficient nearby power (nearest substation is a few hundred metres away and accessible mostly via a soft-dig), it is clearly policy to include 8+ Superchargers at all possible service centres, and finally, the planning permission shows angled bays marked at the entrance alongside a pair of new square objects that don’t currently exist. Hopefully those objects are cabinets and the bays are for Superchargers.

Is this going to be a service centre??

The Old Halliwell Jones Ford Garage on Sealand Rd will be the Chester Service Centre, I talked with a couple of Stockport staff who will probably transfer but got the impression it will initially have only destination chargers (may depend on what happens with the planned Mountain Park Hotel Flint Superchargers?)

• Informative
Reactions: Anfieldgaz
Haven’t looked in a while, are some of these coming-soon pins new? Kings Lynn etc?

412C188E-200C-4B5F-A0AD-661F7A0C2B73.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Yes, it looks like map has just been updated with some new ones. There is now one on the other side of Manchester marked as Trafford. As some are just going in at Intu shopping centres such as Uxbridge, I wonder if this one will be Intu Trafford Centre.

Interesting to see some more accurate timings for when they go live. Some are showing a Q1 or Q2. At least one says 2022.

Reactions: m3gt2
Yes, it looks like map has just been updated with some new ones. There is now one on the other side of Manchester marked as Trafford. As some are just going in at Intu shopping centres such as Uxbridge, I wonder if this one will be Intu Trafford Centre.

Interesting to see some more accurate timings for when they go live. Some are showing a Q1 or Q2. At least one says 2022.
I looked yesterday an it was unchanged so this has happened today.
Builth Wells has gone :(
New Site showing at Taunton
New Site at Hull
New Site at Doncaster
probably more

so quite a few changes

Very interestingly Oxford Peartree has disappeared and a new location (at least first time I’ve seen it) Oxford Redbridge has shown up for Q4 2021. That would be nice and handy for me hopefully in future post pandemic times on semi-regular A34/A43/M1 trips. Location seems to be at the park and ride there.

913904E9-A066-496F-B122-7384C2152DC3.jpeg

Reactions: CMc1
Gridserve? Although the one in Gateshead is not on there so no consistency (not like Tesla!)

I imagine there’ll be a lot of folk checking planning docs with their time off in lockdown
No sign of uckfield Gridserve (although planning not granted yet).

On another note, no new sites in Scotland it suggests, Brighton still showing as 2022 and Crawley pin has been removed. Yes there is the service centre site, however there was talk of a site at pease pottage.

No sign of uckfield Gridserve (although planning not granted yet).

On another note, no new sites in Scotland it suggests, Brighton still showing as 2022 and Crawley pin has been removed. Yes there is the service centre site, however there was talk of a site at pease pottage.
At least Scotland got some this year!
There were zero new sites in 2020 in Wales and the plan for 2021 is one less site than before!
I know there are supposedly grid issues in some parts of Wales so it may not be Tesla's fault but its still disappointing for those of us who live in or visit Wales.

Reactions: cockneyleek
Do any longtimers here know what the hit rate of proposed vs realised SuC stations is?

I'm looking lustfully at the King's Lynn one slated for Q3 2021 but note that many other 'late 2020' ones are, er, pushing it a bit to make that date :)

Last edited: