Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it might be useful to add a note about out-of-hours access for the J28 Superchargers.

Outside shop hours the MacArthur Glen car park is barriered, and the Superchargers are in the far corner of the original carpark. As you approach the island at the shopping centre, instead of turning left in to the car park (and barriers) go straight on. There is a barrier and a call button on a post next to it. Pressing the button will put you through to security, and if it's your first time there, they will give you very comprehensive instructions over the intercom on how to get to the chargers.

It basically involves driving all around the outside of the shopping centre, against all the arrows, and entering the car park the wrong way to get to the Superchargers. Once you've charged, getting out is the same route in reverse.

One other note, if you visit during the daytime, even thought the shopping centre is closed until 12 April, the Costa Coffee is currently open for takeaway 0900-1700.

How annoying to have _almost_ had a new site scoop!

Apparently the East Midlands Designer Outlet site is accessible is available 24 hrs and there have already been successful charges there - which ties in with it being added to Tesla's website.

I've seen a tipoff that there is a similar Supercharger already constructed at the new Cannock McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, which fuels speculation that other McArthur Glen sites (McArthurGlen Designer Outlets in United Kingdom) may host superchargers: take your pick from York, Cheshire Oaks, Bridgend, Swindon & Ashford. I've been to the Bridgend one and it's directly across the M4 from Sarn services where there is already a Supercharger, so that one wouldn't be top of my list for a new site.
I wonder if Cannock ticks off Tamworth as being done?

I thought it might be useful to add a note about out-of-hours access for the J28 Superchargers.

Outside shop hours the MacArthur Glen car park is barriered, and the Superchargers are in the far corner of the original carpark. As you approach the island at the shopping centre, instead of turning left in to the car park (and barriers) go straight on. There is a barrier and a call button on a post next to it. Pressing the button will put you through to security, and if it's your first time there, they will give you very comprehensive instructions over the intercom on how to get to the chargers.

It basically involves driving all around the outside of the shopping centre, against all the arrows, and entering the car park the wrong way to get to the Superchargers. Once you've charged, getting out is the same route in reverse.

One other note, if you visit during the daytime, even thought the shopping centre is closed until 12 April, the Costa Coffee is currently open for takeaway 0900-1700.
I wish I had read your post before last night! Went to "Designer Warehouse" and got in easy enough. Then on leaving tried to get out of the exit barrier - waiting like a lemon. Worked it out though and went back to the entrance against all the arrows! :D

It was my first supercharger experience. Didn't get that fast a speed though, around 60kw at one point. Is that down to pre-conditioning or the chargers?

Reactions: Roy W.
I wish I had read your post before last night!
It was my first supercharger experience. Didn't get that fast a speed though, around 60kw at one point. Is that down to pre-conditioning or the chargers?
Pre-conditioning does make a difference, but to get the highest charge rates you need to start with a low starting percentage. I started at 15% and maxed out at 201kW. The charge rate gradually drops as the battery fills up. IIRC we were still getting ~60kW as it approached 80%.

To charge from 15% to 80% took about 25 minutes, adding 43kW.

The new Uxbridge SuC has just appeared as live in my Tesla app

It's also now listed as open on Tesla's site: Uxbridge Supercharger | Tesla

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.42.17 PM.png

Reactions: JupiterMan and CMc1