Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may be putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but I notice Harrogate council has approved EV expansion at Wetherby Moto services, 24 new chargers. No mention of Tesla but from the plans it looks like a 12 + 12 split (suspiciously similar to Rugby Services set up). Although this is not too far from Ferrybridge where it looks like work has commenced on the upgrade to power.

link to planning docs

We’ve seen the same architects firm on another app too. Just trying to find it.

As you say no mention of Tesla, and no charging cabinets shown in the drawings, but 12 of the EV charger podia are oval just like Supercharger bases. The parking bay arrangement is different though: hatched areas at each side of the parking bays and the podia are aligned centrally rather than back left.
I'll raise your 5: I'm adding 2 + 2 and get 6 by speculating this is a new layout to allow easier 3rd party access to Tesla chargers :D
Podia! I appreciate this attention to detail.

• Funny
Reactions: nufan and cezdoc
I may be putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but I notice Harrogate council has approved EV expansion at Wetherby Moto services, 24 new chargers. No mention of Tesla but from the plans it looks like a 12 + 12 split (suspiciously similar to Rugby Services set up). Although this is not too far from Ferrybridge where it looks like work has commenced on the upgrade to power.

link to planning docs

As you say no mention of Tesla, and no charging cabinets shown in the drawings, but 12 of the EV charger podia are oval just like Supercharger bases. The parking bay arrangement is different though: hatched areas at each side of the parking bays and the podia are aligned centrally rather than back left.
I'll raise your 5: I'm adding 2 + 2 and get 6 by speculating this is a new layout to allow easier 3rd party access to Tesla chargers :D

We’ve seen the same architects firm on another app too. Just trying to find it.
Newbie is correct… same layout at Moto Birch

2+2=4

F35652F7-1115-44DB-976D-4D3A807E2861.png

I count 15 sites at 156 stalls (known locations) under construction/awaiting Commission in UK & I

Edinburgh expansion (additional 8 stalls)
Birch Westbound (10 stalls)
Farnham (8 stalls)
Fleet southbound (12 stalls)
Harrogate (6 stalls)
Heston westbound (10 stalls)
Norwich (8 stalls)
Nottingham (8 V2 stalls)
Burghfield (12 stalls)
Thurrock (16 stalls)
Thurrock (lakeside centre) (16 V2 stalls)
Trafford (18 stalls)
Winchester (12 stalls)
Dublin (4 stalls)
Enfield (8 stalls)

+ new substation at Ferrybridge
+ tombstones at Scotch corner
+ work started at Oxford Redbridge

I count 15 sites at 156 stalls (known locations) under construction/awaiting Commission in UK & I

Farnham (8 stalls)
Harrogate (6 stalls)
Norwich (8 stalls)
Nottingham (8 V2 stalls)
Burghfield (12 stalls)
Thurrock (16 stalls)
Trafford (18 stalls)
Winchester (12 stalls)
Dublin (4 stalls)
Enfield (8 stalls)

This is what I have (not including Ireland):
35551975-3899-43AE-A60D-DC3EE0CCA08F.jpeg

Last edited:

Farnham (8 stalls)
Harrogate (6 stalls)
Norwich (8 stalls)
Nottingham (8 V2 stalls)
Burghfield (12 stalls)
Thurrock (16 stalls)
Trafford (18 stalls)
Winchester (12 stalls)
Dublin (4 stalls)
Enfield (8 stalls)

+ work started at Wetherby with “oval shaped chargers on planning x12

Grid work is underway and started a week or two ago. Whole area cordoned off with massive cable reels etc on site. Likely all for new power to the substation. Paperwork displayed on site only refers to GridServe as the contracting party but this might be as they are taking the lead on this one.View attachment 740869
I didn’t realise - thought it was just plans. Great to see. I’m content with Tesla being involved as plan layout / architecture is identical to other sites.

Reactions: PB1975
Grid work is underway and started a week or two ago. Whole area cordoned off with massive cable reels etc on site. Likely all for new power to the substation. Paperwork displayed on site only refers to GridServe as the contracting party but this might be as they are taking the lead on this one.View attachment 740869
Great news. Wetherby services were always running out of charge space - and that was when I was just an interested 'observor'.

Will these be generic chargers or superchargers?

Reactions: adsheff
🔥🔥🔥16x Superchargers being worked on at Lakeside Shopping Centre in Thurrock, Essex. Appears to be another one that falls under the Intu/ex-Intu project.
These will hopefully be in addition to the Thurrock Services install.
hopefully can be completed before Christmas.
We currently have (at least) 12 sites of 132 bays under active construction so let’s hope for a bumper load of openings before year end!
I just took these pics today at Lakeside, looks like these should be open any moment from now.

Attachments

• InkedPXL_20211206_080602158_LI.jpg
    InkedPXL_20211206_080602158_LI.jpg
    866.6 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20211206_080626382.jpg
    PXL_20211206_080626382.jpg
    958.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: cezdoc