Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I travelled on Bank Holiday Monday and didn't have any problems. Was heading south towards Mansfield but Tesla said it was full, as was Woodall, so stopped early at the new Gridserve chargers at Wooley Edge - we were the only people there and the charge rate was fast. Later stopped at Hopwood Park at about tea time and it was pretty quiet there too.

I feel like a lot of Tesla drivers are unaware / unwilling to go and try non-Tesla sites, or adjust the time and place they charge - but if you do you can avoid queues quite easily.
I feel like Tesla drivers are like everyone else. Follow the path of least resistance until it's not anymore. Those that don't geek out on forums like us will not know a lot of this stuff until they are stuck in a queue and then they will learn to adapt

Thanks. I really do wish Tesla would offer this data in the app or website for when you can’t get to the car.
It is in the all under location.

Attachments

• IMG_1367.png
    IMG_1367.png
    828.4 KB · Views: 229
Does anyone know if Tamworth will ever happen? Seems to have been on the cards for years but never really changes. It would be very useful given that Hopwood Park is getting busier.
Although Tamworth has been been rumoured for a long time, the fact that the current Tesla map marker was added in August 2022 at the Moto service area suggests a firm plan to install a Supercharger there. That said the target date has already been pushed back from Q1 2023 to Q4 2023. In the last couple of years, Tesla have done a major map marker update at the end of April so (IMO) it would be worth keeping an eye out for changes in the coming few days/weeks to see if the Tamworth marker is retained and/or has another target date revision.

Construction of a 12 stall Supercharger at the Moto Blyth services on the A1(M) has been spotted and reported on the supercharge.info forum.
Charger tombstones are already in place, adjacent to a new Gridserve charging hub.

After a relatively long pause following construction, the new Dorking Supercharger finally went live today. At present it’s showing as Tesla only (given the location - an independent business that might want to attract more footfall - I thought it might be a candidate to be open to all EVs)
It is open to non-Teslas now.

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
I see Brora has been pushed back to end of 2023 as well. Can't say I'm surprised as I've seen no progress whatsoever.

Would've thought they'd try to get it in for the summer NC500 tourist rush. Looking forward to the complaints about CPS.

We could definitely use something around Keith/Elgin too, although lack of any other proper network suggests it may not be that viable yet.

Does anyone know if Tamworth will ever happen? Seems to have been on the cards for years but never really changes. It would be very useful given that Hopwood Park is getting busier.

Hopwood seems to have got sooooo busy since about Feb, almost never get a single V2 charger now (use the site about 3 times a week).

On a seperate note, does anyone know if they are putting additional chargers in at Hopwood? They have constructed 2 x additional 'Big Green Boxes with "Danger High Voltage" on them' at the far end in line with the lonely 2 V2 chargers.

There is 1 of these 'BGBWDHVOT' behind the current bank of V2 chargers? They may be increasing the rest of the non-tesla charging infrastructure if they arent SC's.

Hopwood seems to have got sooooo busy since about Feb, almost never get a single V2 charger now (use the site about 3 times a week).

On a seperate note, does anyone know if they are putting additional chargers in at Hopwood? They have constructed 2 x additional 'Big Green Boxes with "Danger High Voltage" on them' at the far end in line with the lonely 2 V2 chargers.

There is 1 of these 'BGBWDHVOT' behind the current bank of V2 chargers? They may be increasing the rest of the non-tesla charging infrastructure if they arent SC's.
Hopwood Park are Welcome Break which have a number of Tesla Superchargers at different WB locations. However, at the moment they don’t seem to be increasing Tesla capacity but are instead installing chargers belonging to their parent company, Applegreen, such as those at South Mimms, Gretna & Hartshead Moor.

If I were a betting man, I’d think they are more likely to be Applegreen Chargers.

Is there an issue with the Portsmouth/Havant superchargers? It shows in the list on Tesla website but when I use the location map in the app it doesn’t appear.
We’re doing a ferry crossing and I’d like to charge there so we’re full when we get off in France, just to save time rather than any issue charging in the other side of the channel.