Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 16 of the new tombstones are in are rugby, as are the 4 new cabinets (next to the original 3

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_5226.jpeg

Hi @PB1975 - sorry to ask but it’s been about a month since you said VERY soon…. Any update on what the delay is and a likely timeframe?

I know I know it’s fleet south but I couldn’t resist asking again 🫤

Went past the other day and there was a Tesla Service vehicle parked in one of the bays. Unsure if it was just a ranger stopping for lunch or actual work going on.

Any chatter regarding a site on the A303 between Sparkford and Wincanton?

I popped to an independent supermarket named Teals on the A303 and got speaking to a chap who I believe is the owner of the site. He approached and said come the end of the year they will have a number of V3 Superchargers installed. I cannot see it on the coming soon map....

Location pic for reference.

The Teals farm shop site on the A303, mentioned a while back, is under construction. It is not a Tesla Supercharger but still looks like it will be a decent rapid charging hub.

TOUK have tweeted a drawing from planning application for a four-bay V4 supercharger near M8 J4A (Whitburn).

I did a search and am yet to find the application on a planning website. There is a recent application in the vicinity of J4A for an EV rapid charger but this for two Alpitronic HYC150 units serving four charging spaces at a Euro Garage (West Lothian Council ref 0466/FUL/23).

The TOUK tweet says the proposed 4-bay Supercharger would be the "second known UK V4 supercharger site" but I don't think it even makes the podium since Stranraer, Moffat, Gretna - Caledonia Park, Larkhall and Port Solent all mention V4 chargers in their planning applications (see the wiki post for detail). Still, the more the merrier!

Reactions: petit_bateau
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has an update on the Ferndown SC? I see it listed on the map but the permit listing is like 500 days old.
Apparently the main electricity infrastructure is on the opposite side of the road to the showroom. So I’m guessing they’re having issues scheduling the work which will likely cause a lot of disruption to that and surrounding roads.

Reactions: petit_bateau
The Teals farm shop site on the A303, mentioned a while back, is under construction. It is not a Tesla Supercharger but still looks like it will be a decent rapid charging hub.

Slightly off topic, sorry, but if in that area and not in a rush the rather good Haynes Motor Museum just a little way away has four Pod Point chargers each with two sockets giving 7kWh, a reasonable cafe and an excellent car and bike collection.

Reactions: cezdoc
Posted on the TOUK Facebook group regarding Fleet Southbound:

"I was there this morning around 11, I did think I might have a chance at a mug as the covers were off.
There were 2 Tesla engineers there working on the tombstones. Asked them how things were going, they said they were almost done with the set up / electrics etc but didn’t know when it would all go live…’above their pay grade’ was the response."