Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took like last friday at Kingsley Village Retail Park, TR9 6NA

Great location for Newquay

Attachments

• IMG20230810193125.jpg
    IMG20230810193125.jpg
    586.8 KB · Views: 123
Reactions: cezdoc and Mrklaw
Portsmouth City Council has approved the plans for Portsmouth - West SuC site in Port Solent on 14th August. Local news here

Planning application here (reference 23/00732/FUL if the link doesn't work):

Location is here:

12 V4 Superchargers and 8 AC points (described as 7-22kW Gen3, so presumably 22kW three-phase with power sharing between points).

The strange reference to a 2-stall supercharger at McDonalds (actually it's a 2-stall Instavolt) I thought might be poor journalism by the local paper, but actually it's a mistake by Tesla's own consultants in the planning application!

Or clever marketing, every rapid charger is a ‘super charger’ just like every battery factory is a ‘gigafactory’ both phrases get associated with tesla.

They love that kind of thing in the states with the first brand name to launch a thing takes the name for example everyone over where calls cling film Saran Wrap.

I'd like to have a fairly simple map of 'hubs of 6 or more from these brands' and list the ones I consider reliable (although if they're biulding 6+ rapids they're nearly all reliable brands, geniepoint/BP pulse etc seem to be smaller singles/duals

User @Snax over on the SpeakEV forums maintains (by hand) a map of larger (6+ or maybe now 5+) hubs open to all vehicles. (It also includes some Tesla-only sites but that is incomplete)

Map is here Charging Hub Locations - Google My Maps

Thread is here Charging Hub Locations - post there if you know of a hub that meets the criteria that is missing from the map!

I find the map quite useful to help me keep abreast of new non-Tesla charging hubs on routes I drive regularly. More generally, the Charging Locations forum on SpeakEV is a good place to learn about non-Tesla-specific charging site developments in the UK.

(In general, discussing the broader charging network works better in a forum with a broader range of EV owners - particularly since many of us here rarely use anything other than Superchargers! Although there are certainly a fair few Tesla owners in those threads over there, too.)

EDIT TO ADD: BP Pulse do have some larger hubs now, but I suspect they may be putting rather more effort into maintaining those than they do with their singles/duals....

Last edited:
Anyone got any insight as to when the extra stalls at Moto Rugby go live?
Going down at weekend peak times, and really hoping to not queue or will try and make it to Northampton/MK
Rugby is showing as temporarily unavailable in the app at the moment and there's a comment on the Superchargers app that staff/contractors are on site to switch on the new stalls. It looks hopeful that the extra stalls will go live at some point today.

Lifton doubling their chargers. Works for an additional 8 Superchargers starts tomorrow. Just been chatting with staff and owner. Says there is need for nearby road closure (assume for additional power). Maybe can be verified with council notice?

View attachment 942410
4 charger cabinets are now on site at Lifton according to a post on TOUK. The expectation is that the existing V2 stalls will be swapped out for V3/V4 ones (similar to what happened at Tebay in May) to end up with 16 stalls (CCS only).

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1