Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
⚡️Free Supercharging (and others) at Redbridge Park and Ride on 9th Sept for World EV day

Shame it wasn’t on yesterday, I was passing though on my way back from Salon Prive at Blenheim 😂

There isn’t much to do at Redbridge, other than buy a parking ticket! Hopefully they put something on for the folks there to celebrate the day. It’s a bit 💤 there otherwise 😀

Theory means Tretham could become a mix of V3 and V4… or are they too chamfered?
This is the latest post I've found. I'm a brand new member but need to point out that the Truro location doesn't exist. It's actually the Exeter new Tesla Dealership location, which is also opposite another Vosper's Fiat Dealership. Not sure who can amend the record, but if they could check it out, confirm and update, the record would be more accurate. I've visited the Truro site and can confirm it's the wrong dealership building opposite and nothing going on in the car park opposite. I do know Tesla are building a location with SCs in Exeter and it's directly opposite the Vosper's location originally photographed.

This is the latest post I've found. I'm a brand new member but need to point out that the Truro location doesn't exist. It's actually the Exeter new Tesla Dealership location, which is also opposite another Vosper's Fiat Dealership. Not sure who can amend the record, but if they could check it out, confirm and update, the record would be more accurate. I've visited the Truro site and can confirm it's the wrong dealership building opposite and nothing going on in the car park opposite. I do know Tesla are building a location with SCs in Exeter and it's directly opposite the Vosper's location originally photographed.
Thanks for the info. I hope the visit to the Truro site wasn't too disappointing!

I've updated the wikipost at the start of this thread; for now Truro is in the TBC table at the end but it does look like it's been confused with Exeter SC.

@CMc1 originally posted about this - I believe they are able to amend the corresponding information on supercharge.info.
Post link for reference, showing photos from Exeter, not Truro, (jake's link was playing up in my browser): #6,245.

Thanks for the info. I hope the visit to the Truro site wasn't too disappointing!

I've updated the wikipost at the start of this thread; for now Truro is in the TBC table at the end but it does look like it's been confused with Exeter SC.

@CMc1 originally posted about this - I believe they are able to amend the corresponding information on supercharge.info.
Post link for reference, showing photos from Exeter, not Truro, (jake's link was playing up in my browser): #6,245.
Good stuff and no wasted trip as I'm based in Cornwall.

The V4s at Fraddon are now in place, although aligned like V3s, whereas I thought the idea was to go perpendicularly to allow more flexibility to non-Teslas with either-side charging, but anyway. (Pic from a couple of days ago, before the heatwave.)

PXL_20230831_092325686.jpg

They look to be just waiting for some connection work but they're getting on with it.

The works at Lifton to expand that site is making progress too but I haven't been in a week. I'll call in next week and check out progress.

whereas I thought the idea was to go perpendicularly to allow more flexibility to non-Teslas with either-side charging, but anyway.
With the extra cable length of the V4s it's possible to go either forward or tail in and get to port position as needed. I tried it at Tottenham where the posts are positioned the same way, and it was OK.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll get it updated

All v4s will be open to the public from what I read...otherwise they might as well whack a V3 in surely?
Yep. I dare say one of the factors in Tesla holding back on opening more SuC sites to the public in the UK.

Within the last 2-3 months or so now, we must be close to having a dozen v4-based sites either open, in construction or variously in planning/local authority approvals now. Which is near enough 1/2 of all previously opened sites. So a fairly significant uptick.

Gridserve host Tesla chargers in their own dedicated super hubs so I suppose they have some kind of relationship. Of course they started doing that before some Tesla Superchargers started being available to all EVs...
Wonder what is planned for future sites such as Gateshead.

Note, newest planned forecourt doesn’t have Tesla Supercharger shown in plans - Leeds
Leeds GRIDSERVE Electric Forecourt announced but no reference to Tesla which could be the first one to exclude Superchargers?

Kinda following the GRIDSERVE theme, they’ve been noted as a Roadchef partner in Roadchefs updated future strategy. No mention of Tesla, despite several GRIDSERVE / Tesla sites in motion for Roadchef…

Not sure how much to read into it.. maybe GRIDSERVE are the key holders for Tesla

[pdf too big to upload directly here and can’t find alternative source]

IMG_4607.jpeg
IMG_4608.jpeg

Appears to be a Tesla / GRIDSERVE day…

Moto Wetherby is getting an upgrade with a new customer sub (already!). Tesla were originally shown on plans back in 2021 - no24 stalls total between the two CPOs.

No mention of (or overlaps shown with) Tesla in this planning update. Appears GRIDSERVE want more capacity at the site. Strictly mentions for GRIDSERVE use only…

Good to know, thanks - very helpful pictures in your Tottenham post. That in turn means that we Tesla drivers can nose-in and charge if the person next to us is using the side we'd usually need.
If I remember when I'm back at Tottenham tomorrow collecting my X from service I will try it and see if it works. Not an exact proxy for a M3 but pretty close to a MY in size, perhaps a touch more worst case.

Moto Wetherby is getting an upgrade with a new customer sub (already!). Tesla were originally shown on plans back in 2021 - no24 stalls total between the two CPOs.

No mention of (or overlaps shown with) Tesla in this planning update. Appears GRIDSERVE want more capacity at the site. Strictly mentions for GRIDSERVE use only…

Rather unclear what this application actually seeks approval for - all the detail drawings (including one with the HV and LV substations marked 'proposed') are of the existing setup. There's just another substation enclosure now shown with no indication what it's for. But it's fairly clear that there's an HV supply plus switching/metering in the right-hand existing enclosure, and the existing 1250kVA transformer in the middle existing one, and the proposed new one is of similar size: it would make sense for it to be another transformer fed from the existing HV metering/switching.

However, it seems unlikely that they would want further supply for the existing 12 stalls (100kVA per stall is more than Tesla provide with V3 cabinets at 350kVA per 4 stalls). Would make sense for another block of stalls (whether Tesla or otherwise), but why a separate planning application for the transformer vs the stalls? Could possibly be that Gridserve have the responsibility for the power and Tesla will be putting in a separate application for stalls, but that's really a stretch....