Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was doing some work on the post too, but can’t find a Scotmid Coop (that looks like the above) near a Dominos
It looks rather like the whole development is new - the buildings, the tarmac, the brick-paved disabled spaces opposite, even the housing estate in the background. In fact, the dirtiest-looking bit of the whole photo is the "EV" paved spaces next to the superchargers: looks like the development was built with generic EV spaces and Tesla then did the deal to activate them.

How about this one?

It looks rather like the whole development is new - the buildings, the tarmac, the brick-paved disabled spaces opposite, even the housing estate in the background. In fact, the dirtiest-looking bit of the whole photo is the "EV" paved spaces next to the superchargers: looks like the development was built with generic EV spaces and Tesla then did the deal to activate them.

How about this one?

That’ll be the one. Whitburn

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    474.9 KB · Views: 54
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right section mods please move if needed

Spotted a very long row of v4 style chargers (new ones) at gypsy lane retail park exit in Luton. They obviously haven’t been switched on yet but it’s been a long time coming and will fill a good gap in the area between Newport (wrong side of m1 for a lot) and south mims. Will try get a picture tomorrow

Interesting stall layout
That’s one way of putting it! All except for the pedestal at far bay location is sub-optimal in my opinion and somewhat negates the additional V4 cable length

If they put the pedestal on the side like Tottenham you stand a far better chance of accommodating more charge port positions as the car can go into the bay either front to kerb or rear to kerb depending on what suits best. You can reach around a 5-6m length car better with a 3m cable if it’s in the “middle”

Reactions: Dat37863
That’s one way of putting it! All except for the pedestal at far bay location is sub-optimal in my opinion and somewhat negates the additional V4 cable length

If they put the pedestal on the side like Tottenham you stand a far better chance of accommodating more charge port positions as the car can go into the bay either front to kerb or rear to kerb depending on what suits best. You can reach around a 5-6m length car better with a 3m cable if it’s in the “middle”
It avoids the whole stealing cables from the wrong side issue though, so that's better to me. Cable will easily reach either corner of a car, just need a big spike in front to stop stupid Porsche or Audi getting too close for side charging points.

It avoids the whole stealing cables from the wrong side issue though, so that's better to me. Cable will easily reach either corner of a car, just need a big spike in front to stop stupid Porsche or Audi getting too close for side charging points.
Isn’t the point of V4 chargers is that they’re open to everyone, and therefore should be positioned accordingly ?