Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a post on the Tesla UK Public FB group there are 20 new superchargers going in at Welcome Break Hopwood Park services. Looks legit: there's a photo of Tesla charging cabinets that have just arrived in a delivery lorry.
I've also read that groundworks are starting at the Gretna A74 (M) services, reportedly for additional supercharger stalls too.

If both are true that's quite a turnaround: I don't think there has been any new supercharger construction at a Welcome Break service area since 2018 (since November 2018 only a handful of previously-built stalls have been commissioned, including the legendary Fleet Southbound).
Notwithstanding the planning application for Gretna Caledonia Park, the photo in this TOUK tweet shows the groundwork at Gretna services with a G4E van in the background, so it does seem plausible that both sites could be getting Superchargers.

Isn't it the case that the new rules demand competition? I am sure WB would love to just install their own chargers but I don't think they are allowed (exclusively )are they? Does not explain why Tesla specifically. I would not chose to compete with supercharger prices if I had the option 🤣
not that they have any their at all yet I don't think
Could it be the Tesla are covering the cost of upgrading the power going in to the services if they’ve signed a deal? They may be the only ones willing to commit to such a rollout?

And another one in the same vein - this time 8 Superchargers are shown in plans for the new Glasgow Service Centre.
Simple Search
Ref: 20/01793/ADV
Display of illuminated and non-illuminated signage. | 20 Kennedy Street Glasgow G4 0EB
On the site plans there are 8 bays at approx. 55.867500, -4.239200.

Also what looks like a bagged up V3 charging cabinet has appeared at Manchester Service Centre, and new earthworks have started. Looks like the existing 4 bays are being expanded.

Keep your eyes peeled for diggers people!

View attachment 572756
Apparently this is under construction now, with 5 bays, Tesla Owners UK - Facebook

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc
So Ipswich definitely a V4 site!

Caught some photos of the cabinet internals etc, but asked by contractors not to put them up.

IMG_0214.jpeg

What more could you ask for? McDonalds, Starbucks, Costa, Halfords and, er, Poundland just a few steps away ;)

And Aldi's just across the throughfare with their handful of slow chargers.

Not far from J10 of the M1 and adjacent to Luton Airport Parkway that occasionally has running trains...

My personal usage will likely be nil - I charge at home with Octopus Go (let me know if you want to climb onboard cheap off peak electricity)

Only four miles north of the nearby Tesla hotspot (Harpenden).

Not quite ready for prime time but getting close ;)

Attachments

• PXL_20231201_105003351.jpg
    PXL_20231201_105003351.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20231201_104941596.jpg
    PXL_20231201_104941596.jpg
    823.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Sean.
What more could you ask for? McDonalds, Starbucks, Costa, Halfords and, er, Poundland just a few steps away ;)

And Aldi's just across the throughfare with their handful of slow chargers.

Not far from J10 of the M1 and adjacent to Luton Airport Parkway that occasionally has running trains...

My personal usage will likely be nil - I charge at home with Octopus Go (let me know if you want to climb onboard cheap off peak electricity)

Only four miles north of the nearby Tesla hotspot (Harpenden).

Not quite ready for prime time but getting close ;)
Thought they were further along and had the cabs installed at Luton. Probably another 4 weeks away yet.