Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well at least our infotainment is less laggy;))
And we can navigate some more of the UK

1703015553136.png

• Funny
Reactions: yessuz
Copied from tesla owners U.K. Facebook page:

Public Service Announcement

Charnock Richard Superchargers are Expected to be off line on Thursday 21st from 7am till late pm according to my sources. Essential HV work by the DNO.

In other news there are more chargers coming to the site too (12) which will help with capacity on this now very busy charging site half way up the M6 North. — at Charnock Richard Services Northbound..

It was a nice place to stop for a cup of tea too. Very traditional/friendly service.
View attachment 1001378View attachment 1001379
There's a very nice shop there with cheese and wine that we usually stock up from on our way to Cornwall. Only issue the last time there is the car doesn't get a good phone signal at the chargers so it is hard to see the state of charge

Reactions: Niffty951
It was a nice place to stop for a cup of tea too. Very traditional/friendly service.
View attachment 1001378View attachment 1001379
Used it today on the way to Hayle to pick up our rescue dog. Driving the ID3 was happy to find open to all makes.

Had a cracking sausage sandwich in the cafe, and 3 hours out of home bumped into a chap I know from my time at BG . Small world!

Reactions: Niffty951
Reactions: UkNorthampton
https://x.com/teslaownersuk/status/1738483334584402030?s=46
Am I the only one that navigates to specific superchargers? If I wait for Tesla sc then I would be travelling too far without a break. Also I still get nervous at <10% charge having once been caught in a traffic jam and watched it go down to 4%.
I have a couple of stops in mind and see how family are doing. I'll cancel any preheating and navigate to shop near chosen supercharger.

I don't want to waste energy, sometimes I can skip 1 or 2 chargers and family need as much time to do whatever they want at each stop. If traffic slows down, efficiency/range improves, so more reason to skip. If I'm nearly home I might slow down to charge at home. Even a small reduction in speed/aerodynamic losses makes a huge difference. I have the confidence to arrive at home running on electron fumes.

European trip, I often skip several chargers if the passengers are asleep. Otherwise fit in with toilet/food/driver breaks.

I once had half a charge and the car was being pessimistic saying charging needed 5.5 hours away. I couldn't survive that long without a break, but the car could have skipped that stop! Elevation changes can have an amazing effect.

Reactions: Buckminster
If traffic slows down, efficiency/range improves,
Yes, case in point was almost 300 miles on Thursday during the high winds of storm Pia.

Overall 217wh/mi, Model Y Long Range & with no need to stop/charge arrived with double digit % remaining. Much of the journey was at or below 60mph, smart motorway restrictions at 40 or 50 & long periods crawling through roadworks & an opposite carriageway accident holdup.

Extremely efficient for a long winter drive.

0mph is infinite wh/mi.

You can't cancel preconditioning can you? I have removed a supercharger stop to cancel it but it is annoying.
I don't precondition. All the SuCs I use are saved as favourites with the address of the service station etc.
  • The extra wh/mi used in preconditioning en route needs replacing at the charger so the overall time saving is more marginal (slightly lower resulting cost too).
  • I normally only require around 15-20 mins at a stop so slower charging speed adds enough to continue the journey whereas a faster charge may not allow sufficient time (for 'fluids' in & out).
  • I'm retired and have time on my hands.

Last edited: