Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Electricity Tariffs for EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That peak rate can't be right can it?! If it is it's a no from me!
I’m afraid it is correct.

That ruled out EDF for me when I was looking at what was available. You don’t have to use many peak units at that horrendous rate to tip the scales.

For me Octopus GO was cheaper than my previous supplier on all counts - gas units, power units and standing charges. I was unsure whether the four-hour off peak window would be long enough, but in fact it’s been fine.

Don’t forget everyone, if you’re moving to Octopus, ask me for my referral code and I will DM it to you. Sign up with that and we both get a £50 bill credit.

Reactions: Bernard_S
I have made contact with EDF, says it can take 10 days to get in contact. I'm happy with the tariff, just need to teach the wife how to use a washer and dryer during off peak hours :eek:
The Fire Brigade recommend against running washers and driers and night in case of fire. Just sayin.
My wife was not keen on the idea. I said if we went economy seven I would fit linked smoke alarms in the utility room and the rest of the house so if there was an issue the utility room alarm and the others in the house would go off which, given my utility is a long way from the stairs, ought to give ample time to get out in the event of a fire.

The Fire Brigade recommend against running washers and driers and night in case of fire. Just sayin.
My wife was not keen on the idea. I said if we went economy seven I would fit linked smoke alarms in the utility room and the rest of the house so if there was an issue the utility room alarm and the others in the house would go off which, given my utility is a long way from the stairs, ought to give ample time to get out in the event of a fire.

I recommend against having a dryer lol, have been telling her for ages that a dehumidifier in a room is much better, and the water stops the iron scaling up. I'm a domestic god o_O

I’m afraid it is correct.

That ruled out EDF for me when I was looking at what was available. You don’t have to use many peak units at that horrendous rate to tip the scales.

For me Octopus GO was cheaper than my previous supplier on all counts - gas units, power units and standing charges. I was unsure whether the four-hour off peak window would be long enough, but in fact it’s been fine.

Don’t forget everyone, if you’re moving to Octopus, ask me for my referral code and I will DM it to you. Sign up with that and we both get a £50 bill credit.

EDF isn't that expensive on peak rate, 17.22p/kWh in my area so it should still work out good if we hammer the off peak rate.

Well having started this thread a few weeks ago my switch to Octopus was completed today. I’m now the user of 100% renewable electricity and carbon offset gas. Which is good. As is the off peak rate for when my Model 3 arrives of course.

Oh - and as an Octopus customer I also have a referral code that I’m more than happy to share to allow other posters (and me of course) to benefit from the £50 each referral credit. Win/Win. Just ask me if you want the link.

Reactions: freekie and Roy W.