Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is about the size of a Range Rover, so as long as one of those will get through, an X should be OK.

Just watch out for those 6' 6 restrictions. Only just possible in an S, so wouldn't want to try in an X.

Looked at one in Bluewater on Saturday It's blinking wide! Won't get through many width restrictions.

Must admit I'm a tiny bit worried getting into normal UK sized parking spaces, and driving around most UK towns will be tricky, no?
I concur ....... However since seeing the car I have absolutely no hesitation With going ahead with the order , the X is a work of art inside and out and I will feel privileged to actually own one( just a shame I'm having to pay for the damn thing!)

Hi Guys

Reserved my MX last year configured first day DS open. Xmas delivery?

Is anyone concerned they may get their MX just before Autopilot 2.0 arrives?

I am hoping we may just have time to find out as no RHD MX are in production yet.

Reading the forums looks like you get your VIN number 6 weeks before your MX starts production. Once made it takes 8 weeks to ship over. If I got the VIN today that would mean delivery week commencing 19/12/16.....

Test drives available now for LHD in Service centres around country to alleviate the wait! :) and practice grinning

Just make sure you park away from others the next time you go to poundland or b&ms.

At the supermarkets where I am they have the new double line markings to make sure people have enough width like these...

ParkingLot-300x224.jpg

Your biggest worry is probably those roads where cars are parked either side and you have to squeeze past oncoming cars. Your wing mirror will probably go first.

Hi Guys

Reserved my MX last year configured first day DS open. Xmas delivery?
That would be the ultimate Christmas present...!!

Is anyone concerned they may get their MX just before Autopilot 2.0 arrives?
I still have 3 days before my order is confirmed and locked but interestingly the price of autopilot went up £400 overnight from placing my order.
When I noticed this the next day I immediately paid my £2000 deposit and thankfully Tesla are honouring the lower price ! I guess the uplift in price is to accomadate AP 2.0 ?? I have requested March 1st delivery so I am hopeful of AP 2.0 . Fingers crossed all RHD will benefit.....

I am hoping we may just have time to find out as no RHD MX are in production yet.

Reading the forums looks like you get your VIN number 6 weeks before your MX starts production. Once made it takes 8 weeks to ship over. If I got the VIN today that would mean delivery week commencing 19/12/16.....

Test drives available now for LHD in Service centres around country to alleviate the wait! :) and practice grinning
Going to drive one on Sat , can't wait!! Had major Grinning just sitting in one last week !!
When you sit down and analyse the package with MX it just about ticks every box( for me anyway)
Performance
Economy /ultra low running costs
Falcon wing doors(ultra cool)
Space
4x4
Amazing Windscreen
Technology
Fantastic and high quality interior (white seats particularly !!)
AP
Low BIK
100% tax deductible in the first year
No road tax/congestion
Completely Different to any other SUV in UK

Just make sure you park away from others the next time you go to poundland or b&ms.

At the supermarkets where I am they have the new double line markings to make sure people have enough width like these...

ParkingLot-300x224.jpg

Your biggest worry is probably those roads where cars are parked either side and you have to squeeze past oncoming cars. Your wing mirror will probably go first.
Lol I have a feeling my legs may be getting used slightly more ( parking at the furthest point to the entrance ) and yes there is one road which comes to mind immediately which may become a wing mirror grave yard !!
May consider carrying yellow Paint around to use , those boxes are perfect!!

FYI: there are 3 buttons above the mirror adjuster joystick. The left button is for adjusting the left mirror, right button for the right mirror. The middle button will retract both mirrors. Keep your finger close to that middle button when going through tight quarters.

Reactions: Tanflado
quick question for anyone who upgraded to P100DL from P90DL: did you price list got reset and therefore you got hit with the recent price increases e.g. Autopilot etc.

I was expecting a simple overall cost increase by the local currency equivalent of $10k but instead it seems like all items costs we set to the most recent one. so the invoice increase is actually circa £10k.

quick question for anyone who upgraded to P100DL from P90DL: did you price list got reset and therefore you got hit with the recent price increases e.g. Autopilot etc.

I was expecting a simple overall cost increase by the local currency equivalent of $10k but instead it seems like all items costs we set to the most recent one. so the invoice increase is actually circa £10k.

An internal change can be made on their system to accomadate the previously agreed lower price.

Not sure yet as still awaiting my paperwork to change, but I will pull them up on that if it is the case as everything should be locked at the original price and this change made purely for the $10k

Same happened for me. The increased cost should be £8,700. They adjusted the AP price back down £400.

Hi Tahir,

I have been told all Tesla locations in the UK have all received a left hand drive MX and starting this week they are available to test drive. I am booked in for one this Saturday .
Regards Tanflado

Tahir - I got the call this week, London test drives are going out of West Drayton or Luton Hoo Hotel, i'm booked in at Luton Hoo next Wednesday.

On a separate note - I saw a privately owned (German Plates) Midnight Silver X driving in Hampstead yesterday....looked big, but not crazy big!..needless to say it looked awesome on the road!

Tahir - I got the call this week, London test drives are going out of West Drayton or Luton Hoo Hotel, i'm booked in at Luton Hoo next Wednesday.

On a separate note - I saw a privately owned (German Plates) Midnight Silver X driving in Hampstead yesterday....looked big, but not crazy big!..needless to say it looked awesome on the road!

They said they'd email me re test drive, I asked for a family one. I haven't had an email yet, I might get my brother to talk to sales as he's expecting his S (P60 in titanium with grey wheels) end September.

In terms of size I think the styling masks the size really well, they don't look like huge barges.