Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK / London - Model X - anyone out there?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has a RHD prototype even been made yet? I went to Tesla here in Melbourne and they had a beautiful P90DL in the showroom, but it was LHD. (Which is illegal here). Much better looking in person and very cool, but I think even that was a pre production model, the rear spoiler was fixed (and from my understanding should be a retractable type on the P90DL, and the gap between the door and the body (inside the front fender), was unpainted bare metal.

Just come back from another test drive 6 seat MX LHD 90D on 22" in Bristol. :)

I could not get any idea from the team there re vin. Orders for the mx are strong. About 1/3rd were for P100DL?

All I kept hearing was there is going to be a price increase October maybe 10% to 15%!

That is pretty steep for an already expensive car putting a fully specked 100d over £150k

Still hoping that once Q3 ends we will see more vins and production start.

All I kept hearing was there is going to be a price increase October maybe 10% to 15%!

That is pretty steep for an already expensive car putting a fully specked 100d over £150k

Price increase wouldn't surprise me. Tesla have tended to keep their prices the same in USD terms, and the GBP/USD rate has tanked.

Fully specced is £145k before incentive. Adding 15% and taking away incentive would be £162k. A lot of cash, Bentley Bentayga territory. There is nothing that is similar to the Tesla though, the only competition is very different in many ways to it.

I could not get any idea from the team there re vin. Orders for the mx are strong. About 1/3rd were for P100DL?

I also had a comprehensive chat with tesla
On Saturday the upshot being that deliveries will not start before
January 2017, they were also
Surprised to hear that a customer has already received a vin

I've got my UK RHD MX "in the production queue" - no VIN number yet, and estimated delivery still saying "Late Feb".

Quick question... when do you think I should arrange to get a charging point installed at home? Any harm in doing it ASAP?
When I contacted PodPoint they talked about installing their 7kW S7 charging point. Anyone know the pros/cons of this compared to the branded Tesla Wall Connector? All in cost for the s7 looked to be £485.

Thanks for any tips people can give :)

We are test driving on Friday in London. Deposit down on a P100D. Wondering if anyone has scoped out insurance costs - I did call a couple of companies at it seemed pretty steep - presume related to the cost of the car/ damage, as it would seem threat of theft is quite low ..

Has anyone found a good insurance company for Teslas?

Does really sound like they're gearing up for RHD production any moment now. I'm intrigued why I got a 218xx VIN and most other RHD VINs have been 24xxx. I suspect everyone with a VIN so far will be on the same boat to the UK.

Reactions: *KT*
Hi, I placed a reservation back in 2014. Finally opened the books and I placed the order in April. I was told September delivery, then in July I was told October, then in October I was told December. Due to the delay I was able to change my order from a p90d to a p100d.
I've been chasing again this week and I've been told February next year.
Apparently they have only built 3 rhd model x cars off the production line to date and are still working on them so unfortunately after 2 1/2 years of ordered and deposit paid and 7 months fully ordered and specified I'm still waiting. Still not even issued a vin number yet.
I ordered silver grey with black interior and grey wheels p100d

Reactions: gangzoom