Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you pick it up I would just go round with a checklist and make a note of anything obviously faulty. But I wouldn't stress too much as they are pretty chilled about fixing any faults reported later. I had a handful of very minor quality issues when I took delivery of my Model X and I got them all sorted at the first service a year later. I didn't even need to report any of the issues on delivery. It was a much better experience than dealing with warranty issues with Porsche.

Cool, thanks. I won't go through it with a fine tooth comb as I haven't done that on another other car but will certainly make note of anything obviously.

After 2 hours of being on hold (due to one call being cut off) I finally spoke to a very pleasant Charlotte at Tesla who, because I'm not making any changes to the car spec, has requested an Order Agreement variation to knock off the £2,860 price difference. Says I should have that revised agreement within 48 hours :)

Now all I need to do is get new finance quotes - if I can, and if they're not crippling after whatever's happening with LeasePlan :\

After 2 hours of being on hold (due to one call being cut off) I finally spoke to a very pleasant Charlotte at Tesla who, because I'm not making any changes to the car spec, has requested an Order Agreement variation to knock off the £2,860 price difference. Says I should have that revised agreement within 48 hours :)

Now all I need to do is get new finance quotes - if I can, and if they're not crippling after whatever's happening with LeasePlan :\
Glad to hear you got a better response then I did. They guy I spoke to seemed very vague and wasn't great at the English language.

He said he was going to ring me this morning but still haven't heard anything back.

According to the new custom order page, the difference should be £3,760 at the revised price without a spec change on the P model. Or £7,460 if you drop the now optional performance upgrade package.

Interesting, Maybe they expanded the delivery locations later after I'd filled that out. I ordered 1st May. Either way Edinburgh is easier :). Dublin would have been better, but probably something to do with it in not being in the UK.

Could be my location. Close to border. I ordered may 1 and selected the pickup location the morning the option appeared on account.

Reactions: -DB-
According to the new custom order page, the difference should be £3,760 at the revised price without a spec change on the P model. Or £7,460 if you drop the now optional performance upgrade package.
My order was placed before the £900 FSD increase, so the difference in order value was £63,700 - £60,840 = £2,860. I thought it would be overly cheeky to expect Tesla to 'honour' the FSD price I paid - I'm happy enough getting the reduction that I have!

Already emailed FleetSauce, but expecting to either be told they can't quote at the moment or for the new quotes to be horrific!
DriveElectric haven't gotten back to me yet.

Interesting, Maybe they expanded the delivery locations later after I'd filled that out. I ordered 1st May. Either way Edinburgh is easier :). Dublin would have been better, but probably something to do with it in not being in the UK.
I don't have to tell you that the near-future customs and tariffs/excises/VAT situation is rather uncertain crossing from the Republic of Ireland into Northern Ireland...and even if the UK would "just" remain in the EU, if you will drive in the UK Tesla Ireland would be bound to charge UK VAT (and thus have a UK VAT registration), but then also need to deal with UK registrations.

Given how chaotic they are even in "normal" times I can understand why they'd want to avoid it -- even the UK delivery guys struggle to cope with UK regulations and the rather complex tax situations. I do understand that it makes it more painful for you guys, though.

I don't have to tell you that the near-future customs and tariffs/excises/VAT situation is rather uncertain crossing from the Republic of Ireland into Northern Ireland...and even if the UK would "just" remain in the EU, if you will drive in the UK Tesla Ireland would be bound to charge UK VAT (and thus have a UK VAT registration), but then also need to deal with UK registrations.

Given how chaotic they are even in "normal" times I can understand why they'd want to avoid it -- even the UK delivery guys struggle to cope with UK regulations and the rather complex tax situations. I do understand that it makes it more painful for you guys, though.
Agreed, it would have been nice to have been able to finalise everything in UK and just collect from ROI, in a perfect world, but unfortunately not realistic.

My order was placed before the £900 FSD increase, so the difference in order value was £63,700 - £60,840 = £2,860. I thought it would be overly cheeky to expect Tesla to 'honour' the FSD price I paid - I'm happy enough getting the reduction that I have!

Ah, I forgot about that! Having got EAP on my Model X (basically current FSD), I never even considered FSD on my Model 3 order. The extra functionality over standard AP is pretty minimal as it stands and definitely not worth anything close to £5,800. It's your money, but I hope you fully understand what you are buying. Auto lane-change is the only real world benefit and that is pretty flaky in itself.

It appears that only certain SCs are delivering model 3s at this time. My nearest Tesla SC by far is Milton Keynes, but it wasn't on the list of delivery options - I only had Birmingham or Heathrow to pick from. They are both over an hour away, while MK is about 20 mins drive.
Same here. All the SeCs service the model 3, but there are a more limited set of them doing Model 3 deliveries.

Is it obvious when you receive a VIN number?

Go to the page where you manage your car/reservation/order. CTRL-U to see the THML source (in Chrome and most other browsers).

Search for 5YJ3 -- if you have a hit for a valid VIN starting with that, then a real VIN is currently assigned (but if may not be "official" yet, i.e. it could in theory change until it appears on the rendered page); Once that happens they use the details attached to the VIN to customise the page, which is why the trick works.

On some pages in some countries there is a 'vin=' followed by a Base64 encoded string. If so, decode it --there are web pages for it-- and look for a match with 5YJ3 once more.

Reactions: Speedycoyote
Ah, I forgot about that! Having got EAP on my Model X (basically current FSD), I never even considered FSD on my Model 3 order. The extra functionality over standard AP is pretty minimal as it stands and definitely not worth anything close to £5,800. It's your money, but I hope you fully understand what you are buying. Auto lane-change is the only real world benefit and that is pretty flaky in itself.

It's my first Tesla so I thought I'd go for all the bells and whistles. I'm aware of its current limitations, but have learned over the last few years after putting in a reservation deposit to live in hope that Tesla will eventually come through and am now very prepared for that journey to be a bumpy ride (as long as the journey in the actual car itself isn't) :D

Am a bit concerned that I'm no longer hearing back from finance co's though - they were hot on getting back at the beginning of the week. Now starting to worry that the finance won't come through...

hi All

I ordered a LR AWD on 1 May, midnight Silver and 19" Sport Wheels. On the 31 I completed my order process, address & license upload etc. oblivious to the fact that the ordering page had just changed earlier that morning.

As I was considering a M3P but don't want the low profiles or the dropped suspension, I eventually opted for the LR AWD. So after much deliberation between my alter ego and myself, I eventually sent Tesla UK sales an email informing them that I would like to change my order to a P-lite *if* it would not affect my 5000 mile referral nor my delivery schedule. I also asked them to confirm with me.

Yesterday I got a call from a friendly lad acknowledging my change, as well as confirming that it would not affect the referral miles nor the delivery schedule. He also mentioned that they would update the vehicle details on my account (not yet happened) and that I would be contacted in the next week or two with a VIN etc. and that delivery was expected early in July... (yes I'm just reporting what he told me and I will only get excited once I actually get a VIN ;-) - finger crossed).

best,
Stephan

hi All

I ordered a LR AWD on 1 May, midnight Silver and 19" Sport Wheels. On the 31 I completed my order process, address & license upload etc. oblivious to the fact that the ordering page had just changed earlier that morning.

As I was considering a M3P but don't want the low profiles or the dropped suspension, I eventually opted for the LR AWD. So after much deliberation between my alter ego and myself, I eventually sent Tesla UK sales an email informing them that I would like to change my order to a P-lite *if* it would not affect my 5000 mile referral nor my delivery schedule. I also asked them to confirm with me.

Yesterday I got a call from a friendly lad acknowledging my change, as well as confirming that it would not affect the referral miles nor the delivery schedule. He also mentioned that they would update the vehicle details on my account (not yet happened) and that I would be contacted in the next week or two with a VIN etc. and that delivery was expected early in July... (yes I'm just reporting what he told me and I will only get excited once I actually get a VIN ;-) - finger crossed).

best,
Stephan
Thanks, I’m in the same position except standard wheels. I had an email confirming that the change to a P would be ok on Monday this week after requesting on the Friday before but no change to my order yet. Hoping for early July!