Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 order page open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So wife and I went to see the Model 3 and S today in Bristol to decide which would suit us best in terms of size and budget. Model 3 won on both counts. Big enough we concluded in terms of storage space. Cabin seemed spacious too, the minimalist design opens it up nicely.

So, having originally wanted the LR AWD that is no longer available to order, it looks like we are heading toward the basic Performance model with 18 inch aero wheels. I don’t want the 20 inch wheels and lower suspension of the performance upgrade pack given the state of UK roads . Deliberating now over colour and interior options which surely means we’ve nearly made a decision :) Red or blue the current favourites, I think the red looks best with the Aeros (cover on or off) based on pictures I’ve seen so far. Not seen one “live” yet other than the metallic grey in the Cribbs store, it’s a nice colour but I’d prefer something different. Black interior also good with the red exterior I think.

Anyway, getting closer to making that reservation online.
order one, sleep ok it and change it if you regret it. The P with Aeros is definitely what I would have ordered if it was available. I ordered the LR AWD and added the extra £1540 to a P, which is perfect for me. All the range, phenomenal performance and more comfortable ride. Not sure how new you are to it, but remember to use a referral code when you order.

I have no idea what uncorked means, but diagnosing faults is different to setting policy for finance arrangements. I do accept though that the employee who wrote the email about PCP could have been misinformed by a colleague.
No, it think that his information is currently indeed valid. Perhaps the model 3 will become available with PCP, but it is currently not a payment option for current orders.

I bet that before they offer PCP they'll want a better picture of what the residual values will likely be. Hard to say if there aren't even any new vehicles in the UK ;-).

With regards to payment method, please note PCP will not be offered at all for Model 3.

The wording of this implies that the M3 will never be offered on PCP. I would be prepared to bet every penny I own that PCP will be available from Tesla within the next 6 months and probably a lot sooner.

As others have noted, Tesla sales people are not given any information whatsoever on future plans, even in terms of what is going to happen tomorrow. Our local senior Tesla sales manager, who is very honest and open, has always said this. They hear rumours like everyone else, but there is no official forward planning as far as informing sales people what is going to happen next. So statements like this are just BS. It should really say: "PCP is not offered for Model 3 today and I have no idea if it will or won't be offered tomorrow".

Common sense would tell you that PCP is a key element in selling cars in the UK market, so at some point sooner or later Tesla will inevitably use it to sell more cars. It seems like the delay in offering PCP is more over unstable pricing and uncertain residuals making the finance companies edgy. Especially after what happened recently with S/X pricing.

order one, sleep ok it and change it if you regret it. The P with Aeros is definitely what I would have ordered if it was available. I ordered the LR AWD and added the extra £1540 to a P, which is perfect for me. All the range, phenomenal performance and more comfortable ride. Not sure how new you are to it, but remember to use a referral code when you order.
I was told (by a Tesla employee) that the referral code thing had been tightened up and you had to know the individual. I am processing an order can I enter a referal?

I was told (by a Tesla employee) that the referral code thing had been tightened up and you had to know the individual. I am processing an order can I enter a referal?
If you need a referral I can DM mine to you. I don't see how tesla are going to try and prove that you know someone. The cost of 1k miles of supercharging isn't worth much to them.

Last edited:
They are not telling the truth. The referral page on Tesla website lays out the terms and that is not the case.

There are plenty of referral links in people’s profiles on this this if you are interested. Just be sure to use it at the point of order as they won’t add it for you later.

I am now the man with no name....

upload_2019-6-9_13-36-5.png

Sorry, but that's tosh ...

Just ask someone for a Referral code, they will give you a web LINK and use that when you place your order online.

You can have mine ... or anyone else here ... but I would suggest you pick someone either that you know, or has provided some help.

But, yeah, its 1,000 miles of supercharging which expires after 6 months and given home-juice is around 2p a mile its worth about 20-quid.

And the person that refers you gets put into a draw for a car ... that is worth loads ... if you win :)

Pretty sure I’ll be ordering soon so happy to use someone’s referral link, as a few on this thread have definitely helped me with this whole Tesla process. Feel free to send me the relevant link. Thanks in advance.

Here’s mine, no offence taken if someone else has been more useful!:

You can use my referral code to get 1,000 free Supercharger miles on a new Tesla:
Free Supercharger Miles

It has been tightened up, but not in the way you mention. Earlier you could add a referral code after ordering and before delivery. Now the terms have been rewritten and you only get the supercharger credit if you ordered through a referral link.