Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, damn my naivety. I don't have and wasn't expecting a confirmation text, I thought I'd confirmed already!! Since my collection location has been plopped so far away, I've already booked a whole train ride to location and road trip around it, booking a hotel etc. Ready for a 9AM collection... I really hope they don't change my collection day / location now!! 😂

My order page still has my selected date and time, so fingers crossed they won't move it!! I just want my Reg now... and the car obvs!! Things are getting real!

Reactions: Sunderland boy
So I'll be the first to admit, when I saw the unveiling of the cybertruck, after seeing some of the concepts and artist impressions with some god level designing going on, I was frankly shocked when I saw the actual thing. I remember laughing a bit thinking it was an Elon prank... well the smashed window aside, after all this time and seeing the thing in motion, its grown on me massively and you can't deny the stats. The idea of a car the size of a bus, accelerates like a lambo and can drive through a wall without so much as a scratch, and the looks, REALLY have grown on me!! Well the kid in me approves. The excitement of my incoming M3P got the better of me over the weekend and I accidently went and did this:
1621928319334.png

So I'll be the first to admit, when I saw the unveiling of the cybertruck, after seeing some of the concepts and artist impressions with some god level designing going on, I was frankly shocked when I saw the actual thing. I remember laughing a bit thinking it was an Elon prank... well the smashed window aside, after all this time and seeing the thing in motion, its grown on me massively and you can't deny the stats. The idea of a car the size of a bus, accelerates like a lambo and can drive through a wall without so much as a scratch, and the looks, REALLY have grown on me!! Well the kid in me approves. The excitement of my incoming M3P got the better of me over the weekend and I accidently went and did this:
View attachment 665892
Haha I hope you got the tri-motor, its supposed to be faster than the model 3!

• Funny
Reactions: corbett666
On a serious note - anyone taken the Tesla loan option?

Ive got all the pre contract BS and lending agreement in my Tesla account but seemingly you can’t electronically sign from within the app 😡 anyone been through this - do they send via email and docusign or suchlike?

Are people still excited despite the potential issue from the vehicle power reducing quite drastically past 50% SOC where the M3LR actually becomes more powerful than the M3P, or are you hopeful Tesla will address this issue?
There's performance but also battery degradation. Is it possible the new Panasonic batteries may be being nerfed while Tesla gathers data on how the massive draw from the M3P impacts battery degradation esp at low SOC on the Panasonics? If that's the case I'd rather Tesla err on the side of caution on this and help maintain the cars longer-term value than let us just rip through the batteries and then only have Honda-e range by 2022. At the end of the day, I love the chrome delete, I live in the UK where its rarely particularly cold and in any case you'd be mad to do 3 sec acceleration our UK roads at sub zero temps, and I want to drive a car faster off the line than my old one (which was on a par with the LR).

On a serious note - anyone taken the Tesla loan option?

Ive got all the pre contract BS and lending agreement in my Tesla account but seemingly you can’t electronically sign from within the app 😡 anyone been through this - do they send via email and docusign or suchlike?
You'll probably get an email from Tesla via eOriginal (eoriginal.net) with all the financial documents. I think it's 'best practice' not to sign the documents until delivery day.

Reactions: will_wonka
I live in the UK where its rarely particularly cold and in any case you'd be mad to do 3 sec acceleration our UK roads at sub zero temps,

Sub zero cold and Tesla cold are two completely different things. Its not unknown for our Model 3 LR to be putting in cold temperature mitigation such as limiting regen even in the low to mid teens C. The cars much prefer T shirt weather.

Isn't that what the heat pump is for?
The heat pump is primarily for taking heat from the battery and using it to heat the cabin, which is the problem and why it gets so cold. But some of the recent updates apparently address that and its yet to be tested. As I mentioned on a previous test though, the Car Wow test was done at about 40% charge and at 6 degrees. Plenty cold enough to be considered 'cold' for a tesla and it was doing 3.3 0-60.

Reactions: Rookie_Pete
The heat pump is primarily for taking heat from the battery and using it to heat the cabin, which is the problem and why it gets so cold. But some of the recent updates apparently address that and its yet to be tested. As I mentioned on a previous test though, the Car Wow test was done at about 40% charge and at 6 degrees. Plenty cold enough to be considered 'cold' for a tesla and it was doing 3.3 0-60.
ah gotcha

Hi all,

It seems excitement levels are building, it's only 3 or 4 weeks and we will be behind the actual wheel of an actual M3P, that is actually ours - well for many of us it belongs, to a greater or lesser extent, to your supporting financial institution..... but you get the drift, oh yeah and coz it's an actual M3P it can do that too 😝

There are some on here that look to have recently joined the forum so I thought I'd take the opportunity to remind both old and newcomers that we have organised a bit of a get together in Grantham on Saturday 10th Jul, there are a dozen of us so far, heading over for what promises to be a lovely day out, in a beautiful setting and of course an opportunity for a road trip in your amazing new machines - details here, please check it out.

There's performance but also battery degradation. Is it possible the new Panasonic batteries may be being nerfed while Tesla gathers data on how the massive draw from the M3P impacts battery degradation esp at low SOC on the Panasonics? If that's the case I'd rather Tesla err on the side of caution on this and help maintain the cars longer-term value than let us just rip through the batteries and then only have Honda-e range by 2022. At the end of the day, I love the chrome delete, I live in the UK where its rarely particularly cold and in any case you'd be mad to do 3 sec acceleration our UK roads at sub zero temps, and I want to drive a car faster off the line than my old one (which was on a par with the LR).

Has it been confirmed that the Shanghai-built M3P's are using the same Panasonic battery used in those from Fremont in 4Q 2020?

I think it has been confirmed that we will have a B42 battery, but - this is possibly a silly questions - is that code specific to the battery supplier (e.g. LG or Panasonic), or the chemistry or 82kWh size etc,?

I'd be grateful if someone could educate me regarding this!

Reactions: Die5el
Has it been confirmed that the Shanghai-built M3P's are using the same Panasonic battery used in those from Fremont in 4Q 2020?

I think it has been confirmed that we will have a B42 battery, but - this is possibly a silly questions - is that code specific to the battery supplier (e.g. LG or Panasonic), or the chemistry or 82kWh size etc,?

I'd be grateful if someone could educate me regarding this!
The code is a spec not a manufacturer. Nothing at all has been confirmed on terms of tech we'll be getting. There was a spec sheet someone posted a while back, but that was probably based on assumptions. My guess would be the same battery in every way that matters, but who knows.

If anyone is genuinely concerned you'll be getting a slower car 1% of the time, then focus on the stuff that isn't going to be impacted, ride, handling, styling and track mode. All those things will be on all the time. If and I stress IF we get to winter and at 10% battery the cars are sluggish still, despite the updates and fixed deployed recently, and acceleration is really bothering you, keep the car topped up. All videos show that at least to 30-40% its still going to be faster to 60 than damn near anything else around.

My gut says we'll get the same battery in every way that matters, that Tesla have likely fixed the issue, given the videos all over the internet, this isn't really an issue until VERY low charge and the person that started the performance issue thread seems to have a dodgy unit as they are getting very different results than Bjorn and others who tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.