Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like someone has actually had it confirmed by Tesla that ALL M3s are coming from China now, including the Performance. I have emailed our Tesla account manager to ask if there has been any change of spec from MIA to MIC vehicle. I will keep you updated if I hear anything.

5577A31B-091A-4ABC-B68A-AA8145782DE2.jpeg

Tesla have now confirmed that my M3P (due in May) will be coming from China. They dodged my specific questions about Wheels/Tyres and Heated Steering Wheel, but attached the GB spec (same as online) confirming that is what it will look like. Spec included 20” Uberturbine Wheels.

I have now replied asking which battery it comes with; either Panasonic NCA, or the Chinese LFP. I will update you all when I get a response. Does anyone else know the answer to this question?

Tesla have now confirmed that my M3P (due in May) will be coming from China. They dodged my specific questions about Wheels/Tyres and Heated Steering Wheel, but attached the GB spec (same as online) confirming that is what it will look like. Spec included 20” Uberturbine Wheels.

I have now replied asking which battery it comes with; either Panasonic NCA, or the Chinese LFP. I will update you all when I get a response. Does anyone else know the answer to this question?

Quick update: Tesla are not able to categorically confirm one way or the other at this stage, as to which battery will be in the Performance models for GB. Apparently once a VIN has been assigned, then a SA will be able to confirm.

Now that the Thread has been moved to “UK and Ireland,” it would be great to hear from people that have placed an order in UK&I for a M3 Performance; what communications have you had with Tesla since ordering, and what are your expectations for your new MIC M3P? Plenty of past posts for people to read and comment on as well... TIA

Ordered M3P mid-Dec with website showing March delivery. Got allocated a car immediately from stock but wasn’t in a position to take it. Haven’t heard anything since. I now expect delivery to be May after reading other people’s posts and only seeing SR+ and LR allocations for March.

I actually quite like those Zero-G wheels. Not been 100% sure about the Uberturbines. Zero-Gs are the only choice on the M3P in China. Shame we don’t get that option here.

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Ordered M3P mid-Dec with website showing March delivery. Got allocated a car immediately from stock but wasn’t in a position to take it. Haven’t heard anything since. I now expect delivery to be May after reading other people’s posts and only seeing SR+ and LR allocations for March.

I actually quite like those Zero-G wheels. Not been 100% sure about the Uberturbines. Zero-Gs are the only choice on the M3P in China. Shame we don’t get that option here.

I agree with you the Zero-Gs look great!

I am in a similar position, I ordered December 24th, when the delivery month was advised as March. As you mention all Performance models are now confirmed as May and MIC.

Getting very jealous of all the SR+ and LR delivery posts

Dublin Order and other than them trying to get me to move to a Long Range haven't really heard anything else. I'm expecting better paint and build quality, uncertain what to expect on battery but don't think the rumors of lower range in very cold temps is really going to be noticeable here. I prefer like the UberTurbines and if I was a betting man I'd say with the delay the MP3 will most likely by May have Heated Steering wheel either as standard or it will be in it and not turned on yet.... but thats just speculation.

Its going to be a long long wait unfortunately. I had a MP3 previously ordered just before lockdown and cancelled. At least I get the new heater now and better efficiency in the cold!

Reactions: 2021_M3P
Dublin Order and other than them trying to get me to move to a Long Range haven't really heard anything else. I'm expecting better paint and build quality, uncertain what to expect on battery but don't think the rumors of lower range in very cold temps is really going to be noticeable here. I prefer like the UberTurbines and if I was a betting man I'd say with the delay the MP3 will most likely by May have Heated Steering wheel either as standard or it will be in it and not turned on yet.... but thats just speculation.

Its going to be a long long wait unfortunately. I had a MP3 previously ordered just before lockdown and cancelled. At least I get the new heater now and better efficiency in the cold!

Thanks for posting and great to hear your thoughts.

I agree it is going to be a long wait for us all... very keen to get my hands on it now.. but also appreciative of the fact the delay may well have benefited us all with the change to MIC; both in terms of spec and build quality.

The UK configurator doesn't mention the heated steering wheel, but I would pretty much guarantee that the car will be "heated steering wheel capable". I would bet money on the fact that it will become an OTA upgrade in the app, like rear heated seats for SR+.

I just went on the configurator - it seems crazy to me you can spec a car out with Uberturbines but end up with a car with totally different wheels. It's not as if we're talking about something subtle like different headlights or whatever, the wheels are a pretty major part of the car.

Reactions: Dazguy and Jez_GB

I do not think LFP could support the M3P. It will be NCA, but probably not panasonic.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
The UK configurator doesn't mention the heated steering wheel, but I would pretty much guarantee that the car will be "heated steering wheel capable". I would bet money on the fact that it will become an OTA upgrade in the app, like rear heated seats for SR+.

I just went on the configurator - it seems crazy to me you can spec a car out with Uberturbines but end up with a car with totally different wheels. It's not as if we're talking about something subtle like different headlights or whatever, the wheels are a pretty major part of the car.

You are probably very right regards the OTA (payable) update for the heated steering wheel. I have to say that would be disappointing though, given the UK&I cost of the Performance vs other European countries.

I think the Uberturbines will stay for UK&I, at least for now. I asked specifically about the Uberturbines, and although the Tesla account manager did not address the specific question, he did say the car would be as per the attached spec (the one available on line for UK &I) and would visually look the same - including different accents on the doors, steering wheel - but keeping the Uberturbines which were both specified, and included in the photo.

I wonder if this accounts for the delay? I.e. effectively they have one RHD spec Performance and a LHD Performance for China only. This might account for the delay until May, for them to ship components such as wheels / batteries etc for the RHD spec? Just a theory ! But if the spec was being kept like for like between Chinese LHD and RHD, I cannot see it taking 4/5 months effectively to change operation just to switch some production from LHD to RHD. My theory is two slightly different specs.. for now ! What do you think ?

Reactions: Jez_GB
You are probably very right regards the OTA (payable) update for the heated steering wheel. I have to say that would be disappointing though, given the UK&I cost of the Performance vs other European countries.

I think the Uberturbines will stay for UK&I, at least for now. I asked specifically about the Uberturbines, and although the Tesla account manager did not address the specific question, he did say the car would be as per the attached spec (the one available on line for UK &I) and would visually look the same - including different accents on the doors, steering wheel - but keeping the Uberturbines which were both specified, and included in the photo.

I wonder if this accounts for the delay? I.e. effectively they have one RHD spec Performance and a LHD Performance for China only. This might account for the delay until May, for them to ship components such as wheels / batteries etc for the RHD spec? Just a theory ! But if the spec was being kept like for like between Chinese LHD and RHD, I cannot see it taking 4/5 months effectively to change operation just to switch some production from LHD to RHD. My theory is two slightly different specs.. for now ! What do you think ?
That's reassuring I guess.

I quite like the Zero-Gs but I think I prefer the Uberturbines, mainly because they look more unique, in keeping with the car? I would be pretty pissed if I ordered a car with one set of alloys and it turned up with different ones, on general principal.

Reactions: Jez_GB and 2021_M3P
That's reassuring I guess.

I quite like the Zero-Gs but I think I prefer the Uberturbines, mainly because they look more unique, in keeping with the car? I would be pretty pissed if I ordered a car with one set of alloys and it turned up with different ones, on general principal.
I don't think they'd ship with Zero-Gs if you ordered a car with Uberturbines. That would be quite a significant change from your original order. It would be nice to have the option of Zero-Gs though but I don't think we will...yet. I like them!

Here's a screengrab of the Chinese version compared to UK one:
ACtC-3f8bqjRDaYuSjuE9VLMcPNJODL7jganXZgIZwt015ZvvckMINW0-Ct9zRy0h0QqGBNG-EGzudkn2NBuUlgum2Lqh0pjBNqlJB2NOz2mJbRERgwHMDvQyZ0GPoHY-cUPEyYaCIg6P8BtN-q06s6RVKg=w824-h903-no

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I don't particularly love the Uberturbines, but I kinda feel like the Zero-G wheels could be on any car, if you know what I mean? The Uberturbines look "special" whereas the Zero-Gs look sortof generic?

I also feel that the Uberturbines ought to be better from an efficiency point of view.

They're growing on me to be honest :)

Reactions: browellm and Jez_GB
I don't particularly love the Uberturbines, but I kinda feel like the Zero-G wheels could be on any car, if you know what I mean? The Uberturbines look "special" whereas the Zero-Gs look sortof generic?

I also feel that the Uberturbines ought to be better from an efficiency point of view.

They're growing on me to be honest :)
Yeah, true. The Uberturbines do stand out more and look pretty unique. I obviously ordered mine with Uberturbines, so am happy to have them. I don't think we'll get a Zero-G option anyway.

Reactions: Jez_GB and 2021_M3P
Status
Not open for further replies.