Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which page do you view source for to see this and i will check?
If you go to your Tesla account, and click on the order, then it'll be on that page. If you're familiar with Chrome dev tools then you can use the console to interrogate the Javascript directly - it should appear in one (or both - I can't recall) of the following:

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 10.23.20.png

Alternatively, just view the page source, and search for LRW.

I pestered them once again on the online chat tool and spoke to James who was very helpful. He gave me my vin LRW3F7EC1MC244*** and informed me we should expect a delivery date within the last 10 days of June and should be contacted at the beginning of June to arrange the delivery. 😁😁😁 I feel like a big kid at Xmas...
My Blue/White M3P is on its way

I pestered them once again on the online chat tool and spoke to James who was very helpful. He gave me my vin LRW3F7EC1MC244*** and informed me we should expect a delivery date within the last 10 days of June and should be contacted at the beginning of June to arrange the delivery. 😁😁😁 I feel like a big kid at Xmas...
My Blue/White M3P is on its way
Just tried my hand again........ "you will be notified this afternoon in a bulk update" 😞

I have established that the comms will be direct to me, not via ALD (leasing).

is there any advantage to getting the VIN number?
No. Nearer the time you may need it to finalise your insurance (if you don't have the registration), but at this point, it's largely irrelevant other than the "confidence" that you have been assigned a physical car.

However, that confidence can be misleading. People have had VINs rescinded, or changed in the past so it's no guarantee of anything really...

Reactions: Jez_GB
No. Nearer the time you may need it to finalise your insurance (if you don't have the registration), but at this point, it's largely irrelevant other than the "confidence" that you have been assigned a physical car.

However, that confidence can be misleading. People have had VINs rescinded, or changed in the past so it's no guarantee of anything really...
I agree, it is pretty useless other than knowing you have had a car assigned to your order.

I have been in a communication vacuum since I ordered on 14th December last year so its nice to get some information from Tesla.

I personally haven't heard of anybody having their VIN changed or rescinded but I don't doubt it will have happened at some point.

Thanks. I am going via lease so thankfully insurance is covered. I will just try to contain my excitement that this is finally happening should I ever get the text!

Status
Not open for further replies.