Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model 3 Performance 2021 Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

So which side should we avoid looking at? and please forgive the dumb question, I am not an aero engineer :)

Are you able to join us at the 2021 model 3 performance meet up (Grantham 10th July)?
They are all 4 the same wheels. One side they look like they are cutting through the air, the other side they are going backwards. Yes, love the wheels, but that sets my OCD off haha

Reactions: Jez_GB
Are people still excited despite the potential issue from the vehicle power reducing quite drastically past 50% SOC where the M3LR actually becomes more powerful than the M3P, or are you hopeful Tesla will address this issue?
Hopeful that it'll likely get sorted by some jiggery pokery in software - they must be aware and likely would not want the embarrassment of a middle model outrunning their top of the range IMO

Are people still excited despite the potential issue from the vehicle power reducing quite drastically past 50% SOC where the M3LR actually becomes more powerful than the M3P, or are you hopeful Tesla will address this issue?
From one Durham lad to another all will be good have faith and get excited at what you are about to receive !!

Praise Be

PS: Does that mean ignore the Southern opinion?! 🤣 😢
If anyone is that worried about the so called lack of power when the battery goes below 50% you have a choice to make.

You either ;
cancel.
cancel and go for a long range.
stick to your original decision.

If it was such a serious problem I’m sure the likes of Richard Symons who knows more about Tesla’s than most,would have warned us about it, Or Matt from Car Wow.
So make your choice and whatever your choice is, be happy with it and live with it.

In 24 days time I will get a car that cost more than my first house. I’ve waited 6 months and I for one can’t wait to see that delivery Lorry drop of probably the best car I’ve ever been lucky enough to own. We are nearly there guys and girls we are on the home straight. Hold the line and don’t give in to the devils voice on your shoulder trying to spoil your dream.
( I’m not religious in the slightest by the way )

Really not bothered by this in the slightest.
A. It seems temperature/SoC related and the new heat pumps are still being tweaked. Outside of winter you won't notice much until you're in the low 20% where the LR also starts to slow. Don't you worry it will always be faster than the LR when warm.
B. They have sent a load of updates to address the cold temp already. Likelyhood it is already fixed, Bjorn noticed a big difference in temp management and said he will re test the performance when its cold again.
C. The person reporting low performance is seeing a DRASTCALLY worse performance than any other documented evidence including Bjorn in very cold temps. My guess is they have a problem and the fact that Tesla don't want to give them a new car, they are using the old 'its going to lose power at low SoC' statement as a get out of jail card. They can be accused of bad customer service for sure, but I don't think the performance issue is that bad.
D. The Car wow tests are all run in low state of charge and 6 degrees and they are getting 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. I've seen warmer tests in the US with high SoC at >3.2, so not much in it.

You will love it, if you don't send it back and get a LR model, but I would bet my spleen you'd regret it the moment a performance blasts past you at the traffic lights. Not to mention, and I can't stress this enough... I test drove both, my father in law has a LR, and its just NOT as good. It feels nothing like the performance to drive. Less engaging and sure footed, less fun. Its not all about the acceleration, the P is a better car all round.

Really not bothered by this in the slightest.
A. It seems temperature/SoC related and the new heat pumps are still being tweaked. Outside of winter you won't notice much until you're in the low 20% where the LR also starts to slow. Don't you worry it will always be faster than the LR when warm.
B. They have sent a load of updates to address the cold temp already. Likelyhood it is already fixed, Bjorn noticed a big difference in temp management and said he will re test the performance when its cold again.
C. The person reporting low performance is seeing a DRASTCALLY worse performance than any other documented evidence including Bjorn in very cold temps. My guess is they have a problem and the fact that Tesla don't want to give them a new car, they are using the old 'its going to lose power at low SoC' statement as a get out of jail card. They can be accused of bad customer service for sure, but I don't think the performance issue is that bad.
D. The Car wow tests are all run in low state of charge and 6 degrees and they are getting 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. I've seen warmer tests in the US with high SoC at >3.2, so not much in it.

You will love it, if you don't send it back and get a LR model, but I would bet my spleen you'd regret it the moment a performance blasts past you at the traffic lights. Not to mention, and I can't stress this enough... I test drove both, my father in law has a LR, and its just NOT as good. It feels nothing like the performance to drive. Less engaging and sure footed, less fun. Its not all about the acceleration, the P is a better car all round.
Well said 😜

Loving the boom box feature..... on another note, anyone considering the Frunk power hood option..... I’ve been speaking with a fitter who hopefully will sort my car late June...... on tyres..... MPS4’s are amazing, have them currently.... previous was PZero which were dangerous in the cold or wet...... though that is on a rear wheel drive American muscle car........

If anyone is that worried about the so called lack of power when the battery goes below 50% you have a choice to make.

You either ;
cancel.
cancel and go for a long range.
stick to your original decision.

If it was such a serious problem I’m sure the likes of Richard Symons who knows more about Tesla’s than most,would have warned us about it, Or Matt from Car Wow.
So make your choice and whatever your choice is, be happy with it and live with it.

In 24 days time I will get a car that cost more than my first house. I’ve waited 6 months and I for one can’t wait to see that delivery Lorry drop of probably the best car I’ve ever been lucky enough to own. We are nearly there guys and girls we are on the home straight. Hold the line and don’t give in to the devils voice on your shoulder trying to spoil your dream.
( I’m not religious in the slightest by the way )
Amen brother.

Loving the boom box feature..... on another note, anyone considering the Frunk power hood option..... I’ve been speaking with a fitter who hopefully will sort my car late June...... on tyres..... MPS4’s are amazing, have them currently.... previous was PZero which were dangerous in the cold or wet...... though that is on a rear wheel drive American muscle car........
Frunk power kit sorted and provisional date booked for our own @Mr H to fit it 😎

Had MPS4’s on the LR, it never stepped out of line, and I did try pretty hard at times 😜

I got a Tesla text today, giving final confirmation date for delivery and anadvisory to start to watch videos to familiarise myself with the operation of the model 3. That bit did make me laugh. Think I’ve watched every video since I ordered the performance in December lol 😂 anyone else get that text ?
Thought you were going to tell us that you got a reg. :D

I’ve not had this text..... but yeah, watched every video, which is bloody ridiculous..... I had a model 3 for the best part of a year🤣

I got a Tesla text today, giving final confirmation date for delivery and anadvisory to start to watch videos to familiarise myself with the operation of the model 3. That bit did make me laugh. Think I’ve watched every video since I ordered the performance in December lol 😂 anyone else get that text ?
I got the same text on Sunday night!

Reactions: Sunderland boy
Status
Not open for further replies.