Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. New to Tesla(s) and thought you’d be interested in a conversation I had with them this afternoon.

Having called them to try and rectify my charge port opening then immediately closing again (a 10 minute complete power-down was the answer) I was told that my car was up-to-date. I said something like ‘well yeah, but only because I haven’t had the v12 software pushed to me yet’, to be told in no uncertain terms that no-one in the UK has this software yet and it’s US only. I said I didn’t think this was correct to be told ‘well no. Just no. No one has it’.

So there you go, you’re all imagining it. In the meanwhile I’m still on v11.1 - 2024.8.9 which I got the day I got my car home last week.
V12 is indeed US only, it includes the version of the FSD software which we don't have in the UK.

V12 is indeed US only, it includes the version of the FSD software which we don't have in the UK.
Not true. V12 UI is the one with the big 3D car model. V12 FSD/Autopilot is unrelated.

Year.Week.Bugfix software releases are a combination of both these things.

2024.14 contains UI 12 + FSD 12.3.6
2024.9 contains UI 11 + FSD 12.4
2024.8 contains UI 11 + FSD 11

2024.14 upwards contains both version numbers in the about info. If you look on Teslafi you can see 2024.14 is rolling out worldwide.
1717091414078.png

• Informative
Reactions: Aliomenti
Following the 14.8 update I drove around a bit and absolutely loved it, I welcome the bigger speedometer font, previously I used to look at the cruise control speed mistakenly instead. I also felt the fonts and the screen looked a little crisper than before. I wish the smaller sat nav/map view could also be visible when other apps are on i.e while your front passenger fiddling with the radio or Apple Music Library etc…

Reactions: Doudeau
Following the 14.8 update I drove around a bit and absolutely loved it. Especially the bigger speedometer font which caused mixing up with the cruise control speed in the past. I also felt the fonts and the screen looked a little crisper than before. I wish the smaller sat nav/map view could also be visible when other apps are on i.e while your front passenger fiddling with the radio or Apple Music Library etc…
This would be lovely. So you have something covering up the map then show a smaller map on the right by shrinking the car visualisations. Once the app is closed it moves back to the normal place.

Not true. V12 UI is the one with the big 3D car model. V12 FSD/Autopilot is unrelated.

Year.Week.Bugfix software releases are a combination of both these things.

2024.14 contains UI 12 + FSD 12.3.6
2024.9 contains UI 11 + FSD 12.4
2024.8 contains UI 11 + FSD 11

2024.14 upwards contains both version numbers in the about info. If you look on Teslafi you can see 2024.14 is rolling out worldwide.
I am assuming V12 FSD is what the Tesla tech was referring to when they said only in the US.

Reactions: MrBadger
I am enjoying this update, no major new features but good adjustments overall.
One thing I noticed is that when I engage Autosteer it will now set the speed to the speed limit whereas before it would set it to current driving speed.
If you read the settings it says it will choose whichever is highest and that's what I experienced before.
So before I would be doing 43 in a 40, engage Autosteer and the speed would be set to 43.
The new behaviour sets it to 40 and slows down which is much preferred and prevents me fiddling with the speed manually.

Climate seems a pointless button, seems intuitive to press the temperature.
Nav seems similarly pointless, isn't the map always there by default?