Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me 3 - just reading the release notes. Makes me laugh Tesla remove as many buttons as they can, but then try to give functions back (wiper speeds etc) via the buttons they have left.
👍haven’t had a chance to test drive yet but all the changes mentioned in the release notes look really cool and useful to me at least on paper so far…wipers are definitely an issue on a different level of their own.

Might watch some YouTube tutorials and apply to Tesla…they need UX skills and don’t appear to have many. Lack of consistency (what is it with the wipers?!? Push button and scroll up = hold scroll wheel and scroll DOWN), now need multiple steps to basic processes, removal of some recently included visuals, changes to user selected options for no reason (likely bugs but still), lack of retention on layout preferences, this is a bit of a mess with a shiny graphic cover

Reactions: s_zigmond
Might watch some YouTube tutorials and apply to Tesla…they need UX skills and don’t appear to have many. Lack of consistency (what is it with the wipers?!? Push button and scroll up = hold scroll wheel and scroll DOWN), now need multiple steps to basic processes, removal of some recently included visuals, changes to user selected options for no reason (likely bugs but still), lack of retention on layout preferences, this is a bit of a mess with a shiny graphic cover
This is why I would happily give up on regular OTA updates if I just got working versions of what I paid for from the off.

Me 3 - just reading the release notes. Makes me laugh Tesla remove as many buttons as they can, but then try to give functions back (wiper speeds etc) via the buttons they have left.
Indeed. At some point it'll be like trying to pull off a special move in Street Fighter to get around only having 2 steering wheel buttons ;)

Hey all. New to Tesla(s) and thought you’d be interested in a conversation I had with them this afternoon.

Having called them to try and rectify my charge port opening then immediately closing again (a 10 minute complete power-down was the answer) I was told that my car was up-to-date. I said something like ‘well yeah, but only because I haven’t had the v12 software pushed to me yet’, to be told in no uncertain terms that no-one in the UK has this software yet and it’s US only. I said I didn’t think this was correct to be told ‘well no. Just no. No one has it’.

So there you go, you’re all imagining it. In the meanwhile I’m still on v11.1 - 2024.8.9 which I got the day I got my car home last week.