Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla owner age demographic

What age bracket are you?

• 18-30

Votes: 24 11.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 63 29.7%
  • 41-50

Votes: 58 27.4%
  • 50-60

Votes: 42 19.8%
  • 61+

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont believe the poll! My observation is that the majority of Tesla drivers of all models are bald or grey. Just like me and I'm 76. This is no different from the demographic driving Jaguar, Mercedes, Bentley or Maserati. It is all a matter of money. We are from the generation which used to drive with unlimited speeds on roads. Those were the days!
I really don’t agree... personally in London I see plenty of under 40 driving Tesla’s in the 30-40 range and that’s for the model S/X the only “older” ones I’ve ever seen were on the motorways up north and the oldest I’ve seen must have been not even 50...
With the new ships being delivered this quarter for M3 I’m sure I’ll see plenty of under 30s around...

It’s a myth that driving speed is inversely proportional to age.

Every age group has their share of mad heads, dawdlers, safe and unsafe drivers.

Having been caught speeding twice in my driving career, I now do tend to stick quite well to the speed limits.

My insurance is costly enough at just under £400... :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: ACarneiro
I hereby volunteer to confirm your ageist stereotype. I am 66 and drive at whatever speed at which I feel comfortable at the time. If you’re not on a deadline and make sure you allow the young hotheads to hurtle past you into the distance then why hurry? I prefer to keep my powder dry and unleash my devastating power only when required...

One thing to remember when you see folks who want to drive slower then you, they are getting on with their day - either through lack of desire to drive quickly / utter terror at being in a car (more common than you might think) / not in a hurry / want to miss the kids bedtime / conserving energy/fuel / too early for their appointment / not comfortable going any faster etc

That’s their prerogative- and mostly not to do with their age, it’s just what they are doing.

How about the stereotype of folks that insist on driving at 50mph in a 30/40/50/60 limit whatever the weather - what age of Tesla driver would that be ?

Keeper mentioned (yeah I know its a joke) focussing from distance to close reading. I test drove a M3 the other day and did, in fact, find it difficult to see the screen when I am using my distance/driving glasses. Is it just me, or does anyone else have this problem? As most of the functions of the car are controlled from the screen having to peer at the screen is an issue. I understand the screen text cannot be re-sized. Perhaps when Mr Musk starts to need glasses it will.

• Funny
Reactions: Blueskye
It’s a myth that driving speed is inversely proportional to age.

Every age group has their share of mad heads, dawdlers, safe and unsafe drivers.

Having been caught speeding twice in my driving career, I now do tend to stick quite well to the speed limits.

My insurance is costly enough at just under £400... :eek:
I don’t think it’s a myth and I doubt that you have evidence to support your assertion, whilst there’s plenty of observational data (but, again, I suspect no good quality evidence) to support that older people do in fact drive slower. That is probably a good thing as your ability to react descresses with age (an unpleasant but sadly incontrovertible fact that I’m struggling to come to terms with in my middle age).
The interesting thing is that nobody was saying that being slower is necessarily a bad thing (provided you’re not being careless and impeding the flow of traffic), but everyone seems to have taken it as an insult!

Mind you, there was an 83 year old lady on my speed awareness course a few years ago. That was epic ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
I don’t think it’s a myth and I doubt that you have evidence to support your assertion, whilst there’s plenty of observational data (but, again, I suspect no good quality evidence) to support that older people do in fact drive slower. That is probably a good thing as your ability to react descresses with age (an unpleasant but sadly incontrovertible fact that I’m struggling to come to terms with in my middle age).
The interesting thing is that nobody was saying that being slower is necessarily a bad thing (provided you’re not being careless and impeding the flow of traffic), but everyone seems to have taken it as an insult!

Mind you, there was an 83 year old lady on my speed awareness course a few years ago. That was epic ;)
I would stay that’s the exception that proves the rule as they say...

Perhaps there is an argument for a Braille centre screen or even better having an audible speed announcement that can be adjusted for frequency - a bit like pilots have when they are landing
70...........70.........70........slow down you idiot! :cool: