Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] used value of their Tesla cars plummeting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and people are still moaning about self drive tesla not working in the UK, i for 1 couldnt give a toss about self drive, a car is there to be driven, if you want self drive get a bloody taxi.

Although im not agreeing with the article saying it was in "self drive mode" any time there is a Tesla accident the driver can claim that and not user error.

Reactions: Mullermn
and people are still moaning about self drive tesla not working in the UK, i for 1 couldnt give a toss about self drive, a car is there to be driven, if you want self drive get a bloody taxi.

Although im not agreeing with the article saying it was in "self drive mode" any time there is a Tesla accident the driver can claim that and not user error.
which article? the linked one says:
1672763428163.png

76 metres off a cliff on to rocks, tumbling several times on the way and 2 kids unharmed and 2 adults with non-life threatening injuries..

But sometimes the wipers aren’t very good, so Tesla’s suck.

If it tumbled its way down that's a big help because it means that it didn't really "plunge" or "plummet".

I remember a story about somebody surviving in a smart that rolled down a cliff.

Not quite sure what the point of this post is or what it’s got to do with the topic at hand, nor why you feel it necessary to post on a UK specific thread from the US

> Anyone worried about the value of their Tesla cars plummeting?

Um... It's a discussion board - the topic was the falling-resale-value of Teslas which is a global trend, I happened to be interested in the topic and indicated that no, I am not concerned about falling values for a set of reasons which I listed.

Sorry if that was somehow "off topic".

76 metres off a cliff on to rocks, tumbling several times on the way and 2 kids unharmed and 2 adults with non-life threatening injuries..

But sometimes the wipers aren’t very good, so Tesla’s suck.
I use my wipers a lot so it’s important that they work properly, which they don’t. Not many people will be planning to drive their cars off a cliff so this story, while interesting, is totally irrelevant to ownership.

But back on topic, I’m not in the slightest bit concerned about plummeting prices. I’ve always considered that any car I buy will be a rapidly depreciating asset, and if my M3 goes the same way then so be it. If it retains good value then of course that’s a bonus.

> Anyone worried about the value of their Tesla cars plummeting?

Um... It's a discussion board - the topic was the falling-resale-value of Teslas which is a global trend, I happened to be interested in the topic and indicated that no, I am not concerned about falling values for a set of reasons which I listed.

Sorry if that was somehow "off topic".
This is a UK specific thread talking about the used car market in the UK, you coming in and spouting some rubbish about why you’re not going to sell your car is irrelevant.

Reactions: CWT3LR
This is a local shop for local people, dontchyaknow? We’ll have no trouble here! 😉

Thrilled to hear that the UK is completely insulated from all global market forces - keep up the good work!
The post you replied to was a joke. And quite a funny one in the context of the conversation. But one that probably only someone from the UK would apreciate. To be fair though he did add a winking smiley for the uninitiated.

My apologies. This was actually a very subtle dig at our fellow forum member who was less than welcoming to you.
For a USAian, though, you would have no way of knowing what I was referring to, hence my wink.

View attachment 892162
And the fact that the cultural reference is so uniquely British that it would almost certainly be lost on anyone not from the UK was in no way subtlety making a point about the pitfalls of posting on foreign forums where you may not fully appreciate the context of the conversation ;)
Our American cousin is probably also wondering why you put a picture of yourself om the follow up post

And the fact that the cultural reference is so uniquely British that it would almost certainly be lost on anyone not from the UK was in no way subtlety making a point about the pitfalls of posting on foreign forums where you may not fully appreciate the context of the conversation ;)
Our American cousin is probably also wondering why you put a picture of yourself om the follow up post
I thought it was the time for family photos, what with Christmas and all that…
I think we looked quite nice on that one, actually. Shame the kids couldn’t make it… 😏

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.