Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Umc defaulting to 16a

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not sure what is happening but occasionally when I charge using the UMC even though I have set the amps to 10 at this location the car is overriding and charging at 16amps. Obviously I don’t want to stress the wiring but I’d say this is quite dangerous. Has anyone else had this issue?

Probably an imprecise GPS location causing your car to think it's not at the saved location. I'm guessing your plugging into a 5-20 with the appropriate UMC adapter and your concerned about other loads on that circuit? If your lowering to 10amps anyway, is there another circuit you could plug into that doesn't have other loads on it? Even a 5-15 would get you 12 amps. Edit - oh sorry, just saw your in the UK - I guess you can disregard most of this :)

I’m not sure what is happening but occasionally when I charge using the UMC even though I have set the amps to 10 at this location the car is overriding and charging at 16amps. Obviously I don’t want to stress the wiring but I’d say this is quite dangerous. Has anyone else had this issue?
Forgot to ask, are you charging with normal domestic 13A 3 pin plug connected to UMC?