Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to get a Service Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I think of it, Elon's game is to keep inflating the stock price - whatever it takes.
Today the stock market cares about ONE THING and that is number of cars sold, i.e. SALES!
Service, customer satisfaction etc. are footnotes at best. And Tesla has metrics to prove that their customer satisfaction and loyalty and service are all top notch.

4 years ago, it was an amazing EV with very few moving parts and spectacular service.
2 years ago, it was autopilot
1 year ago and now, it is FSD and AP2 and Model 3.

... meanwhile service has tanked.
... meanwhile federal tax credits are getting close to expiring

so,
2 years from now, it'll all be batteries and solar.

As far as you with an out of warranty Model S, suckers!
Just thank yourself that you didn't get a Model X with those crazy front doors.

Spot on.. the car side of this company, once competitors start bringing their units to market, is doomed if these issues are not rectified and FAST. No credits vs other companies with plenty of tax credits to burn equals difficulty competing in the mass market segment. Poor service and failing components due to bad design (doorhandles etc) will ruin their sales once other high end companies release 200+ mile luxury competition. When the superchargers open up to use by other automakers -it will happen- Tesla will be focused on energy storage, micro smart grids, and renewables. That was the plan by the founders all along though really. To cause a transition away from carbon based fuel sources and towards renewable energy as quickly as possible.

Used to be you could email for a service appointment. I have emailed twice over the past almost 3 weeks, no response at all. Anyone aware if official policy is now "owner must call"?

Depends on the service center. My service center for months was not answering phones or emails. I drove up there in frustration and nobody would talk to me. (Rockville service center). Now they respond to emails, but rarely answer their phones or return calls.

It's definitely specific to each service center. Of two service centers I made appointments, one was a month out and gave me "odd" service, and the other I have gone to about three times already and usually get an appointment within two days, always within five days, and they give me normal service quality, about what I can handle, and I'm very pleased with that. But, that one is only a few months old, so not everyone knows of it yet. I hear the other ones locally are pretty overwhelmed.

You might have better luck trying around your region to see if some of the other service centers that you can easily reach have better outcome. It might not help at all (because your whole region is all full), but you don't know til you try, and you don't know which service centers just expanded or reduced capacity without the marketplace responding yet, giving you possible opportunity.

I also would like online scheduling. It would save both Tesla and customers time. I could do scheduling in off hours when I'm planning my week, rather than calling them in the middle of a busy workday fumbling all sorts of data devices to make the call.

Same boat here, I called tesla service center on Thursday and no one picked up the phone, left a message with all the info about the problem my phone number vin etc, and asking for a call back. Called again Friday and left a message again... If I am forced to leave a message with service I expect a call back at the end of THE SAME DAY or FIRST THING the next morning...

Will they ever call me back? Unknown but I will be stopping by directly to speak to a manager about this Monday!

Good luck with that....

Likely, the service manager will be in a "meeting" and unavailable...

The fewer moving parts in an EV story, remember that? Trust me, there is plenty that can go wrong on Model 3 also - and it will. Given how rushed up the production has been, do you REALLY think it'll be perfect the day it leaves the door?

The people in my local service center are super busy. I don't think it is the service center that isn't "trying". It is corporate that hasn't prioritized service centers because their eyes are fixated on sales. Unfortunately the more you sell esp. cars with issues, the more service centers you'll need.

When Model 3 was announced Elon promised that they would 4x the service chargers and 2x the service centers. Hasn't happened. Another Elon promise I guess. Reality is, the # of Tesla's on the road will quadruple, so 2x service centers (which we didn't get) was already short of what we really need! :)

I agree. I don't see this getting any better w/ the release of the Model 3.

I hope i can get in (fix all my warranty issues) and get OUT before the rush of Model 3 cars jam up their pipeline...

Good luck getting an appointment after the Model 3 release!

When the superchargers open up to use by other automakers -it will happen- Tesla will be focused on energy storage, micro smart grids, and renewables.

Why the hell would "Superchargers open up to use by other automakers"? That's like saying McDonald's will go out of business because I'll be able to walk in and take over all their franchises. Utter nonsense.

Let these other manufacturers invest billions in exclusive charging stations. Then we'll talk. Otherwise its just a bunch of Chevy Bolts. Try going 500+ mile trips with a Bolt. Your 6 hour trip will turn into a 14 hour trip.

Why the hell would "Superchargers open up to use by other automakers"? That's like saying McDonald's will go out of business because I'll be able to walk in and take over all their franchises. Utter nonsense.

Let these other manufacturers invest billions in exclusive charging stations. Then we'll talk. Otherwise its just a bunch of Chevy Bolts. Try going 500+ mile trips with a Bolt. Your 6 hour trip will turn into a 14 hour trip.

Get used to the idea. Its been on the table for several years now. It will be done.