Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to play music in Apple music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also had a repair request. Tesla calls back and the technic explains to me, that if I start AM there is a huge download request in the back which leads to the error. He asked if I have a very big playlist or something which I don't. He finally gave me the same answer that they will fix it in a future update.
After that, I checked Spotify and that's funny. Because if I don't open AM after a deep sleep Spotify works well but if I open AM first and get the error I also get an endless loading message in Spotify. Let's see when they will fix it. Hopefully, it won't take so long!
FWIW, I did have several playlists that were between 500 and 3000 songs long. I deleted them (they were for temporary use anyway), and i still get the playback error. I went through my previous troubleshooting steps again to no avail.

I appreciate that you published what the tech said - it gave something new to try even though it didn’t work.

Reactions: MJ0778
After a couple of software updates, Apple Music has improved somewhat. I don’t see the spinning circle, it doesn’t skip songs, and it starts up when I get in the car.

However, I still can’t get Apple Music to play songs in My Library in random order, the way I do from a music USB. The Apple Music documentation says I should be able to do this, but when I try, the app in the car will play the song I selected but then switch to a channel based on the song, rather than playing other songs in the library. Is this a quirk of the Tesla Apple Music app?

Update: When I try to shuffle songs in My Library using the Apple Music app on my iPhone, it works as expected, so this seems to be a quirk of the Tesla implementation.
I've been using Apple Music for a while since my previous post. The inability to play all songs in the Songs view (random or otherwise) is still present. If you're looking at a playlist or album, there are Play and Shuffle icons at the top of the list. When you look at the Songs view, these icons are missing. They're present in the iOS Apple Music app, so I'm not sure if Tesla chose to omit these or did that unintentionally, but I'm going to contact support and request a fix. We'll see what happens.

Apple Music is not working like other streaming services on Tesla. Any idea why?

Even with 2023.6.8 music gets stuck. Still no lossless support. Does anyone know if this will be supported by Tesla? Tidal is amazing.