Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to reach Tunein after 8.0 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same problem after updating today (and yesterday all of my favorites in TuneIn disappeared). I was told by support that it was indeed a server side issue with TuneIn and that it should be resolved quickly. As of an hour ago, it now works fine (except all of my newly re-entered favorites from yesterday are gone....sigh.
My TuneIn does not work in 8.0. Under 7.1 I could never get my login to work nor saving favorites was always hit and miss (likely operator error).

Same problem here... Also, I noticed the place in settings where you could enter your TunIn account login and password no longer exists. I suppose they could have moved it but I don't see it. However, it didn't work anyway so maybe they took it away rather than fix it?
If you open MP in full screen then click on the TuneIn tab you'll see the login at the bottom. The problem is that you need to connect before you see it. If you still have issues email [email protected] and provide your VIN along with a description of the problem. Worked for me and many others.

Reactions: markn455
Save your money; doesn't work. I'm likely going to cancel my Tunein premium. 2 problems (1) you can't get tune-in premium stations, including MSNBC on Tesla interface (now confirmed by Tunein) even after 8.0 (2) it seems to me, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong, that once you're logged in to a Tune-in account on your Tesla, the functions on the Tesla UI no longer work, i.e., you can't add to favorites, you can only do it on Tune outside the Tesla UI and then those new favorites will only take effect when you log out and then re-log in on your Tesla. Overall, I've decided there's simply no benefit to logging in. If you want a Tune-in premium station (including MSNBC) you can only get it by playing through your phone.

Save your money; doesn't work. I'm likely going to cancel my Tunein premium. 2 problems (1) you can't get tune-in premium stations, including MSNBC on Tesla interface (now confirmed by Tunein) even after 8.0 (2) it seems to me, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong, that once you're logged in to a Tune-in account on your Tesla, the functions on the Tesla UI no longer work, i.e., you can't add to favorites, you can only do it on Tune outside the Tesla UI and then those new favorites will only take effect when you log out and then re-log in on your Tesla. Overall, I've decided there's simply no benefit to logging in. If you want a Tune-in premium station (including MSNBC) you can only get it by playing through your phone.
It's worth it for the syncing. I don't have to log out then back in to get that.