TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Unable to reach Tunein after 8.0 update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bmoroze, Sep 24, 2016.

1. bmoroze

bmoroze Member

Hi all

I did the 8.0 update, but it seems I can no longer connect to Tunein. I get a message after the arrow spins for a while saying "Unable to reach Tunein. Try again later".

I can connect to Slacker/Streaming Music, all other network connections are fine. The login to Tunein button is not available either (the login button is available on streaming music). I've tried the screen reboot, etc.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks
    Ben

• Like x 1
  2. slazhole

slazhole Member

I am having similar issues. After the update to 8.0, I tap Tunein and it's just spinning. I don't even get the login button.

3. lardlad00

lardlad00 Member

Same issue here. Installed the update last night and drove around for a while today to test it out and tunein never worked. I had it running on my phone just fine, though.

4. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

The problem with ServiceHelpNA (I keep thinking the NA means Not Available) is it seems really aimed at car service as in the physical car. Trying to get help on the software in the car is about as easy as contacting Google for help with a gmail problem.

All these reports of the media player app being not so hot as Elon made it out to be is giving me a lot of pause in terms of installing 8.0 (if Tesla ever gets around to offering it to a lowly classic 2013 pre-everything Model S).

I use TuneIn A TON, and if there are glitches in 8.0 for TuneIn, I'm staying away.

5. msnow

msnow Active Member

Nah, these emails get to both the users SvC and Corporate and opens a problem ticket. Like you I use TuneIn a lot and it will help if they fix it before we get 8.0. No what I mean? ;)

6. evbeliever

evbeliever Member

Correct, TuneIn login is not working in 8.0 today, but somehow stations from Tunein saved into Fav seems to work.

7. lardlad00

lardlad00 Member

How do you access tunein favorites? I don't see mine anywhere.

8. Beryl

Beryl Member

Yes this is the same with 7.xxx. Once you log out of Tunein, it seems to remember what you've already saved under your user ID but you can't log in again. It is an odd glitch.

9. msnow

msnow Active Member

Someone earlier confirmed they could log in to TuneIn with their personal ID and their favorites moved over in 8.0 so this might be a temporary issue on TuneIn's side.

10. California85D

California85D Member

I am having this problem as well. Can anyone currently use Tunein on 8.0?

11. tonyquan

tonyquan Member

I have a friend with 8.0 where the TuneIn tab works properly, but it doesn't work for me. I've reported the issue to support and they indicated it would be passed to engineering to review.

12. Apricot

Apricot The waiting... the waiting...

I don't use TuneIn much, but yes it hangs for me on launch. Can't even scroll down to enter in TuneIn login info.

13. bmoroze

bmoroze Member

As of this morning, Tunein is working again. I was also able to log in to a personal account. I had heard back from my email to ServiceHelpNA but mainly to ask me a couple of questions. Perhaps they forwarded the issue and fixed something.

Also, it seems they may have fixed the "High bandwidth required" issue with many podcasts, as I was able to stream a podcast that never worked unless on Wifi or full LTE strength today.

Ben

14. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

No problem for me.

15. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

I woke up this am to no 8.0 but all of my tunein saved stations were gone. Everything else radio wise was there. My headlights also wouldn't turn off (on auto) in full sun. rebooted but nothing changed. Could find my tunein stations in recently played and they worked, but had to re-add them.

16. lardlad00

lardlad00 Member

Tunein is working now for me this morning but my favorites were gone. I had never logged in when on 7.1 and on updating to 8.0 only my terrestrial favorites were saved. Not a big deal as I only had 5 or so but still odd.

17. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

I wonder if it makes a difference whether you first go on the web using a computer and log into TuneIn and create a list of favorites that way then log in to TuneIn in the car, vs, simply adding favorites via the Tesla interface.

Me, I did it the former way.

All these reports still have me thinking to hold off upgrading to 8.0 should they ever offer it to me :)

18. msnow

msnow Active Member

If it's because of what people are saying about TuneIn problems it seems to be fixed now based on this mornings reports.
    By the way, thank you to those that reported this to Tesla via email yesterday. Seems to have helped.