Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you upgrade before checking?
Build date?
S or x?
Upgraded a couple of months ago. Don't have build date written inside car right now but completed production 3/24/17. Vin 189xxx. MS 60D -> 75D -> uncorked.

I've been bugging corporate and my SC for a couple of months. Had car in for mcu border discoloration from Wednesday to Friday last week. Took a chance and asked them to uncork it. Said some of this story elsewhere btw. Got car back Friday. Forgot to ask if they uncorked and techs didn't mention. Driving home I went to overtake someone and I was wth just happened...that was a lot of speed and power? Did a couple of 0-60s that night and next morning. Was 99% sure it was uncorked bc of the feeling, increased whizzing sound of front motor, felt more like a 90D loaner I've used, things flying around in trunk that never used to, etc (didn't measure speed via app). Was completely and happily surprised. Asked SC today and they said yes indeed we uncorked your car.

Ok next time just tell me you hooked it up before I drive!!! Lol. Thank you tesla.

Reactions: ACExpress
For anyone that has gotten confirmation that their 75D is or is not performance upgradable, can you check what the battery part number is? You can see it from the passenger side front wheel well, at the back of the tire. It will be on a white label on the gray battery pack with the top line "75kWh,350VDC" Below that is the part number like: 1088794-00-A

We may be able to tell without contacting service if the battery is suitable or not, perhaps by the part number. It seems there are two battery types, one upgradable and one not.

Reactions: Gur814
Agree, which is why I jumped on this before the "madness" starts. Again, with having multiple family members in the auto service industry... (no tesla though), be nice to your service manager and techs!

Oh and here's the service notes:
Concern: 75D Firmware Update to Increase Performance

Corrections: Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Update Configuration Variable and Vehicle Firmware to Increase 75D Performance

Pay Type: Goodwill
Had my car in for something else. Asked to get it uncorked. Did mine. Didn't put it on service notes and didn't tell me lol

Ohhhh my goodness I can't wait for Saturday... That's my Christmas in October! haha Tell me, is there a very noticeable difference? Does the power consumption dash display a higher number?
Big difference. 75D corked feels like smooth fast acceleration. Uncorked feels like a crazy fun acceleration. You'll see. Report back please? Haha

I can't remem power consumption rn

S60D 174XXX VIN, told I was ineligible by Burbank, given no explanation as to why/how this determination was made.

Updates:

-I asked for further clarification and was told by Burbank that even if I upgraded to a 75D, I would be ineligible and they couldn't elaborate further.

-A while later they said it's only for vehicles after July 2nd....so yeah....that old line.

-I asked another SC and he said of course I am eligible after upgrading to a 75D, so....cool?

Inconsistency in information...(copyright held by Tesla).

Last edited:
Updates:

-I asked for further clarification and was told by Burbank that even if I upgraded to a 75D, I would be ineligible and they couldn't elaborate further.

-A while later they said it's only for vehicles after July 2nd....so yeah....that old line.

-I asked another SC and he said of course I am eligible after upgrading to a 75D, so....cool?

Inconsistency in information...(copyright held by Tesla).
wow...whats with the inconsistent answers???? Guess they either need the full battery to have the uncorking work properly or they want 60 owners to update to the 75 and give them more $$

I called earlier today and they booked me for the 30ths for my ms 75d and the 6th for my mx75d to upgrade to the latest performance.
At first I was told no, then after having them triple check they said ok to upgrade. Both of my cars are 3/17 and both recently picked up. It is worth mentioning they should have delivered both with the upgraded performance. My OA said Tesla was going to do it regardless to both of my cars.

I'll keep the log post for Krash on the other thread, so one down, two to go:
confirmed initially with my butt-accelerometer, but now quantitatively tested.

Before:
IMG_0527.PNG

And after:
IMG_0580.PNG

Confirmed one full second reduction. Now my wife's S has always been faster, her 0-60 is 5.0 (again, she does care...) and it's always been a little bit more fun to drive, just accelerates harder a bit, so it will be interesting to see what I get with hers uncorked tomorrow.

Tell me more about this negotiation... you just paid for the upgrade?

Nothing exciting, just had it rolled into the overall purchase and re-badged prior to pickup, as opposed to paying on tesla.com and bringing it back for a rebadge. Just wanted to be clear it was not a formal order change prior to manufacturing, since it appears some 60D owners are concerned about that.