Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uncorking official for most 75Ds!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
General consensus is late 2016s (August and onward I think) are all eligible. You'll just have to be persistent with it. Don't give up! For me, it took a combination of chatting with online support reps and bugging my Service Center about it. It took a few tries, but they finally uncorked mine during the MCU2 upgrade. I had been told all sorts of things leading up to that, like "you're eligible", "it was already done", and "we'll see."

Based on this tracking list another member put together (not sure if they are from here or Reddit), your VIN ending in 19XXXX should be eligible.
Thank you for this information!

Hello

I have a UK Model X 75D (VIN 056XXX) June 2017 build (upgraded to MCU2 from Tesla in December 2020). Tesla says my car is not eligible for this uncorking as the battery pack does not support it.

I came across this thread on Reddit where Ingineerix mentions that as long as pack part# is
1088794-00-A
1102979-00-A
1101082-00-A
1106362-00-A
1119235-00-A

it's uncorkable. Seeing this, I check at the bottom of the car and found my pack# to be 1088794-00-A. Does this mean Tesla is lying to me? I wish I could get hold of Ingineerix to confirm this for me. Anyone who had their uncorked confirm that their pack# matches the ones mentioned by Ingineerix?

Thanks

Just saw an S 75D VIN 231xxx that had the latest mark for power at 200kW. Seems to be a 11/17 production and it has the MCU1. Shouldn’t have been uncorked from factory?
Are you talking about the kW display in the energy widget? Strangely that doesn't change after uncorking. When at full power, kW just goes past the visible range on that display.

Even cheap stopwatches have a better resolution than most CAN bus data.
We’ll have to agree to disagree. My experience is most people don’t start and stop a stopwatch very accurately, even with the driver calling the pedal down position to a passenger or to a 60fps recording of the speedometer reading. It isn’t the number of digits in the stopwatch I disagree with.

Plus it is amazing how many people swear they are fully down on the pedal the whole time, when they are slow to press it or let up on it early. CANBus doesn’t make those mistakes.

CANBus is 500kbs (throughput). Most reaction times are 250ms (0.25 seconds).

Last edited:
We’ll have to agree to disagree. My experience is most people don’t start and stop a stopwatch very accurately, even with the driver calling the pedal down position to a passenger or to a 60fps recording of the speedometer reading. It isn’t the number of digits in the stopwatch I disagree with.

Plus it is amazing how many people swear they are fully down on the pedal the whole time, when they are slow to press it or let up on it early. CANBus doesn’t make those mistakes.

CANBus is 500kbs (throughput). Most reaction times are 250ms (0.25 seconds).
I didn't say CAN bus information is not useful, only that timing using CAN bus packets can be beat by a stopwatch, or even an app on an phone which uses an accelerometer and GPS to detect when you start moving, and definitely dedicated accessories to measure 0-60 based on GPS and acceleorometers. 500kbps sounds impressive until you consider that is bits per second, and each packet of information will contain 100's of bits at least, so you very quickly go down to well under a ms resolution if you're lucky (remember, the CAN bus has other traffic on it, packets are repeated, etc).

So it all depends on what you need. Some are happy measuring using a manual stopwatch, others use an app, others use CAN bus, and others use dedicated hardware like Vbox. I was simply responding to your comment that CAN bus is not the most accurate of the methods. It could very well be good enough for most people, and definitely provides useful additional information (such as throttle or brake positions). Porsche for example sells a very popular package with their cars, called Sport Chrono Package, which actually includes dedicated hardware to measure and record your performance, including GPS position, accelerometers, throttle and brake position, power delivered, etc., etc. It even provides feedback on your handling of curves and suggests better lines to follow next time for better times, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Krash