Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unintended Acceleration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting really interesting ... this guy is doubling down on his version of the truth :cool:

After launching his Model X into his own living room, Tesla owner launches into smear campaign against Tesla

upload_2017-1-2_11-2-35.png

Yea, I see he allegedly threatened to use his celebrity status to smear Tesla. Like Mariah Carey blaming the production crews. No way it could be the fault of the star. :)
But, he may actually believe he did not touch the accelerator. The aftermath though sure makes him appear guilty

Excerpt from the lawsuit:

"...Tesla has failed to develop and implement computer algorithms that would eliminate the danger of full power acceleration into fixed objects. This failure to provide programming fix is especially confounding for a vehicle that knows when it is located at the driver’s home and is being parked in the garage, yet carries out an instruction... by driver pedal misapplication, to accelerate at full power into the garage wall."

Excerpt from the lawsuit:

"...Tesla has failed to develop and implement computer algorithms that would eliminate the danger of full power acceleration into fixed objects. This failure to provide programming fix is especially confounding for a vehicle that knows when it is located at the driver’s home and is being parked in the garage, yet carries out an instruction... by driver pedal misapplication, to accelerate at full power into the garage wall."

wait. so he's mad because the Tesla didn't stop him from flooring it and driving through his own house? is he going to sue them for failing to stop him from crapping his pants, too?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Why does it matter what is possible in South Korea? Son lives in California...
Really? How was i supposed to know that given this information from the linked article?

"The company claimed that Son, a singer and actor in South Korea, threatened to use his celebrity status in the country to affect the company right when it is about to launch in the market unless Tesla would make a financial payment and admit that the accident was the fault of the vehicle.

The actor didn’t deny that and it looks like he actually followed through with the threat since he has been on a media blitz in Korea since filing the lawsuit in California last Friday."

His X has California plates in the picture at the top of the article? That Tesla hasn't started delivering Teslas in South Korea yet? Or from the actual lawsuit filing. (Linked to in another thread.)
I was under the impression he was in S Korea as well from the article. A wealthy celebrity surely can deliver his own X to Asia. But the CA. plates may give it away. I didn't look that close

He lives in CA but is a Republic of Korea citizen. Presumably he jets between the two locales but the X was in CA (I thought). Honestly he should face sanctions for attempting to extort Tesla. Definitely halfway to a malicious prosecution claim (if it was IL -- I don't know CA law).

I have done this before at least twice. Grabbed the wrong stock. Its a bit unnerving for a split second until you realize what you have done. I could see this being an issue if you were delayed in your response when sick, distracted or otherwise without your normal reflexes.:eek:
Same here. I grabbed some BSC stock in 2008 right before the JPM bailout. The only saving grace was that I could use the losses to offset some income on my taxes.