Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging disappearing from used/cpo cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can confirm, private sale, bought a 2017 model s70 in October 2018. I had free super charging up until July 2019. A friend from graduate business school who works for Tesla, originally confirmed for me that my car had it before I bought it. Now he's telling me they changed their policy. I feel cheated, as it was part of the value of the car. Contacted Tesla twice, and still haven't received any update. Considering filing suit.

Can confirm, private sale, bought a 2017 model s70 in October 2018. I had free super charging up until July 2019. A friend from graduate business school who works for Tesla, originally confirmed for me that my car had it before I bought it. Now he's telling me they changed their policy. I feel cheated, as it was part of the value of the car. Contacted Tesla twice, and still haven't received any update. Considering filing suit.

But most of 2017 (all except for the first few weeks of January) the Free unlimited Supercharging was for first owner only. Was your car a January/2017 build which has free unlimited Supercharging for life of car or was it a later build that has free unlimited supercharging for first owner only and they only just now caught it and corrected it?

I've been really happy to have FUSC on my 2013 Model S P85, especially as the performance motor is a little less efficient than the standard one so it made extra stops on road trips a little more bearable.

I'm really hoping to have FUSC on the used Model X that I'm gonna buy for my wife but the competitive pricing and extended warranty makes it really tempting to buy directly from Tesla.

But most of 2017 (all except for the first few weeks of January) the Free unlimited Supercharging was for first owner only. Was your car a January/2017 build which has free unlimited Supercharging for life of car or was it a later build that has free unlimited supercharging for first owner only and they only just now caught it and corrected it?

My s70 was a special model they sold exclusively to car dealership owners and I believe livery services. The original owner, the owner of the toyota dealership i bought it at, had free supercharging. Again, I had free super charging up until july 2019

Hmm that contradicts teslas policy of no free supercharging for livery use vehicles

Why are you so critical of my post? To what end?

I said, and I quote “ I believe for livery service”. From what I recall my classmate/ Tesla employee saying, my car has some special uniqueness in it that Model S’s were not made in s70 in 2017. They were made specially for car dealership owners to some end, wither that be livery or some other reason.

Regardless, and to the point, as a retail consumer buying it from another retail consumer, I shouldnt have lost free supercharging as it was part of the understood value of the property.

Question for you: Are you a shill Tesla employee poster in the forms?

Why are you so critical of my post? To what end?

I said, and I quote “ I believe for livery service”. From what I recall my classmate/ Tesla employee saying, my car has some special uniqueness in it that Model S’s were not made in s70 in 2017. They were made specially for car dealership owners to some end, wither that be livery or some other reason.

Regardless, and to the point, as a retail consumer buying it from another retail consumer, I shouldnt have lost free supercharging as it was part of the understood value of the property.

Question for you: Are you a shill Tesla employee poster in the forms?

I'm not, even though I know that question was directed at the other guy. Anyway, taking your story at face value, I suspect that your car may have accidentally been flagged on their end as not having FUSC. Perhaps calling Tesla to straighten things out would be the answer rather than getting upset over a mistake and posting on a forum.

I'm oddly curious as to why Tesla would make a special vehicle specifically for car dealer owners? They don't need them, don't want them, and they're competitors... Weird.

Tiber - You understand that FUSC can just be for original owner, right?
This was a policy for some time and it sounds like your car is in that time period. That you were misled by your friend is not exactly Tesla's fault.
Tesla is at fault for not being more clear for sure.
If I was selling my Tesla - 2015 - so the policy was very definitely "for the life of the car", I would absolutely get something in writing from Tesla stating this because it would help my resale value. At the very least, I would have screen shots from my car's page. But as I check the page, it says "FUSC" but there is no statement that it is beyond original owner.

Yup, they just changed their 'car detail' page.. my SC no longer says 'transferrable' and my extended service agreement and extended service plans are not listed at all! Also the car on that page is jet black and has no wheels. So in typical Tesla fashion, they're still working on the page and THEY DON'T DO ANY TESTING!

Yup, they just changed their 'car detail' page.. my SC no longer says 'transferrable' and my extended service agreement and extended service plans are not listed at all! Also the car on that page is jet black and has no wheels. So in typical Tesla fashion, they're still working on the page and THEY DON'T DO ANY TESTING!
Our cars actually show up correctly with wheels and everything but we've noticed they appear in a different order recently. Yeah, looks like they got rid of the 'transferable' message. On our cars which had a "limited-time" of Supercharging, it does show the correct dates. Previous referrals still don't load successfully. (Well, they load but the spinning icon never goes away so we can't actually view them in the browser without inspecting the network responses.)