Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla and got answers to my questions. If you follow a referral link, there is an option to upgrade a Model 3 that has already been ordered. Also, we will keep the free premium connectivity if we upgrade to the performance model. :cool:

You mean like this? I clicked on "I have..." and it just took me back to my account page. no referral shows up.
Or did you mean just Supercharging.

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 3.16.38 PM.png

Reactions: Big Earl
Tried using my own referral code to add it to my own P order, but wouldn't let me. I know it isn't supposed to work, and that I will be getting free supercharging in any case, but thought I would give it a shot, but no joy.

Nothing LEGALLY per se.

However:

Tragedy of the commons - Wikipedia

"If it's not strictly, explicitly, and clearly illegal then it's not bad" is about as morally adrift, and inviting of rampant and regulation, as you can get. Narcissistic attitudes like that is exactly why we have such a hard time having nice libertarian-ish things. :(
First of all - Supercharging IS IN NO WAY a common resource as your Wikipedia article might suggest.

You aren't reading what I've been saying. You are doing a lot of assuming ….. such as probably thinking that the only people who should own Tesla's should be people with the ability to charge them.

Here are some people off the top of my head that deserve to own Teslas that I have personally known to not be able to charge at a home like you might have.
Apartment dwellers
Condo dwellers
Mobile Home dwellers
Assisted living facilities
People who share homes or living with a friend for a year or so.
People who live in attached townhomes where their bi-laws say that they can't.
Job re-located you to another city in a hotel for a year or so.

Is that immoral? These people may not qualify to be "common" to you, however they can own Tesla's also.

Lastly....IF TESLA wanted to stop this....and they have slowed it down a bunch by charging people for "charging past 100%"...then TESLA can.
Tesla could certainly do something like eliminate the ability to supercharge within 50 miles of your house. That would be easy. Why don't they?

Neither you or I own a supercharger which is why I'm not sure why anyone but TESLA should make a judgment call on the morality of supercharging.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I tried to use a friends referral code. Clicked the "I already have a reservation link" which simply took me to my reservation page where it's asking to finalize the payment. I guess the edit button must still be visible for the referral link to work for existing reservations.

I did enter to win a chance to race the semi tho!

I requested my order to be change to a Performance version to my ISA on 07/25 after placing my order on 06/26. I just happened to receive my new order agreement today dated 08/01. However my deposit on the ordering page shows as being posted on 06/26.

Am I screwed? will I receive free supercharging? :mad: