Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unlimited supercharging for performance model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I requested my order to be change to a Performance version to my ISA on 07/25 after placing my order on 06/26. I just happened to receive my new order agreement today dated 08/01. However my deposit on the ordering page shows as being posted on 06/26.

Am I screwed? will I receive free supercharging? :mad:

If they treat you the same way they treated me with premium internet connectivity, you will be fine. In my case, they went by when I put the $2,500 down, and not the date that I upgraded from all wheel drive to P.

• Helpful
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Legal landmine, and in direct contrast to the scenarios you just implied were legitimate.
WHat?

They can do whatever they want. That's my point. There is nothing legal or illegal about not letting someone use your product or charging them for the use or letting them use it forever for free.

Name the legal problem / landmine.

Don't just quote a part of my posts. Quote the whole thing.

Man I wish I had this, I drive long distances a lot and this would have been very handy to have! On top of the fact that I live in a condo that won't allow chargers in it, been utilising the heck out of the BMW near me which has a level 2 charger.

Although I can't say that I would give up having the vehicle for the last few months for it! :)

If anyone is in need of a code and wants to give a new owner a referral and help me get a wall charger for my father-in-laws house, PM me ;)

They can do whatever they want. That's my point. There is nothing legal or illegal about not letting someone use your product or charging them for the use or letting them use it forever for free.

Name the legal problem / landmine.
I discussed it previously, I thought in this thread.

They can't realistically do whatever they want. It's becoming clearer over time to Tesla (and was to folks other than Tesla) that they have to be careful somewhat to avoid class action suits and stuff.

It would be unbelievably foolish for them to risk opening a can of worms by limiting supercharging locations for owners based on just about any criteria at this point, given the repeated pattern of promoting "free" and "unlimited" supercharging as a product feature, then a referral bonus, etc. that was never described with qualifications on which locations the charging applies to.

Reactions: Canuck

They can't realistically do whatever they want. It's becoming clearer over time to Tesla (and was to folks other than Tesla) that they have to be careful somewhat to avoid class action suits and stuff.

It would be unbelievably foolish for them to risk opening a can of worms by limiting supercharging locations for owners based on just about any criteria at this point, given the repeated pattern of promoting "free" and "unlimited" supercharging as a product feature, then a referral bonus, etc. that was never described with qualifications on which locations the charging applies to.

So … if people have the power over Tesla concerning superchargers ( Tesla being powerless as you say )....then what is the complaint when people use superchargers exclusively?

Next question: ( not answered ).

What is an apartment dweller to do? Not buy a Tesla?

Last edited:

If your suggestions are true...then.....

I find it simply amazing how Tesla powerlessly offered UNLIMITED supercharging to Model 3 Performance owners. If there is an "unlimited supercharging" abuse issue....why did they do that?
Did they "have to".
Did some kind of law "force" them to offer it?

Please explain WHY they all of a sudden powerlessly offered free supercharging to this select group if there is such a problem with exclusive supercharging.

And.....that would also be myself: lol

Your Model 3 build details
  • Model 3 Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 20’’ Performance Wheels
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Performance Pedals
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium White
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
I resemble that comment, mostly, but I am very RED with jealousy that you already have yours and you're being insufferable about it!!! I wanna be insufferable too, but here I am waiting, reading your posts.:mad: Why aren't you out driving your white horse?:confused:

• Funny
Hey folks, coming to this thread late. Is it true that today is too late to upgrade from an nonP AWD to the PAWD and get that sweet, sweet free super charging? If I had known with any amount of time I would have upgraded for sure!
At least one person found that the date of placing the down payment rules, so you can upgrade to P and still have lifetime free Supercharging. You need to confirm that with your delivery advisor though.

I'm an S owner with unlimited SC, who had an order for a 3 months before I purchased the S. I cancelled the 3 several months ago given the inability to get a white interior for dual motor. With the advent of the unlimited SC AND Performance AND White Interior I ordered my 3 on day one of this opportunity. Having unlimited SC is so great to have x 2...

Any current owners (of S/X) care to comment what Free Unlimited supercharging is actually worth? Like, I'm in LA and it's cool to know that I could drive to NYC & back for free (literally), but a) that's gonna be a super rare occurrence, and b) since one doesn't supercharge on the regular, how often does this come into play? I don't yet have an EV (P3D on order) so asking as a noob.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
My AWD order was confirmed 6/27 and edit button gone now. If I change to PAWD now, I wonder if I am grandfathered into SC or have to use a referral.

Have you checked to see if you have a VIN? If you don't have one there is a good chance you can change your order. I'd hazard a guess even if you do they'll you change the order unless the car is already on route to your delivery site. Phoning/stopping by local salesroom is the way to confirm and make the change.

I resemble that comment, mostly, but I am very RED with jealousy that you already have yours and you're being insufferable about it!!! I wanna be insufferable too, but here I am waiting, reading your posts.:mad: Why aren't you out driving your white horse?:confused:
My white horse is still in Tesla's stable somewhere. I would love to be riding it, however they told me that it won't enter my stable until Feb 10th.
A week from tomorrow.

Originally they said that it would be the 4th, however now they moved it out to the 10th.

• Helpful
Reactions: jbcarioca
My white horse is still in Tesla's stable somewhere. I would love to be riding it, however they told me that it won't enter my stable until Feb 10th.
A week from tomorrow.

Originally they said that it would be the 4th, however now they moved it out to the 10th.
I'm sorry about that. I thought you would have it this week.

You guys all know you can self refer if you are a Model S or X owner right? I used my S referral code when I bought my X.

You can self refer if you are a Model 3 owner as well. I currently own a Model 3 Long Range RWD, and my Performance configuration / reservation is sitting in my account waiting for me to finalize...so I tested this theory knowing that it works for S and X owners, and it does indeed work for 3 owners as well. :)

-Shane